• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMXP Map Screenshot Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Erm, great idea but whenever I try to use it I get this thrown at me:

Spoiler:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Erm, great idea but whenever I try to use it I get this thrown at me:

Spoiler:

The Map Maker needs to be extracted to your game folder.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 5, 2021
I am getting this error when I try to open a map:

Spoiler:

Quite the verbose error. Any idea on it's cause?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

auchfq.png

Any ideas why I might be getting this error?

serebii08

Pokémon SS' Creator
Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
When I try and save some maps it comes up with this or something simular...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
This makes me quite angry. I made this program and gave it away for free, with the only stipulation that it be kept freely available and attributed to me. I can tell it's the same because all of the options in MapMaker.ini are the same, all of the text is the same, all of the options behave the same way, the and there's even a bug in the program that I fixed a couple years ago that is still there in yours. Most egregiously, the scripts themselves are exactly the same. The fact that you redefined a Win32API wrapper to ShowCursor and GetCursorPos in the mouse script shows that you didn't even realize I had written a comprehensive wrapper to a bunch of User32 functions, and that wrapper is still there. And I don't actually know anybody else besides myself who even understands how to use the layered version of SDK:: Scene_Base in there.

It appears that you copied Map Maker version 3.0, added mouse support and fixed the player touch bug I didn't catch until version 3.2, changed the text color, changed the program icon on MapMaker.exe (which anybody could do with Resource Hacker; it's just a copy of Game.exe anyway) and renamed everything. MapMaker.dll is not a dll, it's rxdata. You actually broke MapMaker.ini by removing the RTP, which would cause this not to work with standard RMXP resources.

Here is the original topic on HBGames.org where I released the Map Image Maker script (which I just started calling "Map Screenshot Image Maker Script" to try and help people search for it) (you'll have to reconstruct the link):

hbgames.org SLASH forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58344

Was it really that much trouble to give credit where it is due? You don't even credit the others whose work I built upon, namely SephirothSpawn and the MACL authors.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
You'll find this happens a lot in the small RMXP communities outside of RMXP.org/HBGames.org such as this one. Not a lot of people care about giving credit where it is due and it doesn't surprise me that its help-14. I among others have had trouble with him in the past.

G-Master

Lead of Pokémon Roll
Years
  • Age 29
  • AZ
  • Seen May 10, 2022
Question: is there any plan in the future for anyone to update this program to support the autotiles? All of mine are showing up as black squares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back