• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stadium Arcadium - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bs9D_BiCMAA_fPp.jpg

Hello! Glad you've made your way to Challenges' very own arcade-style event! Summer is a great time to head to the arcades and waste away quarters. While we won't be spending quarters here, I do have some nice little mini-challenges lined up for you so that you can rack up points! Arcade games aren't always about winning, no. It's all about that top score. So what will your top score be? Play and find out!

Rules
1. All main series games are welcome for this challenge, whether they are completed files, currently on-going challenges, etc. You are also not limited to only one game. You can do contests in Emerald and then solo the E4 on Black 2 if you wish.
2. HM slaves are allowed.
3. Legendaries are allowed. If on a team, the maximum you can have is 1.
4. You can only receive points for a mini-challenge once. ex. You can solo the E4 for points once, but after that, you cannot solo the E4 for more points, even if you use a different Pokemon.
5. You are responsible for keeping up with your points! In each update, make sure you list your points at the present time you are posting. If you don't keep tabs on your challenge, you won't be recognized at the end, so it's very important to do your math.
6. All mini-challenges must be done within the time frame of this event. ex. If you have already won a Master Rank contest prior to this event, you cannot use that to get points. You'll have to do it again.
7. You can merge mini-challenges. ex. You breed a 6 IV Pokemon with 2 egg moves, netting you 300 points for the 6 IVS and 200 points for the egg moves, giving you a total of 500.
8. All your Pokemon can be pre-trained. You don't have to raise anything new for this since that would take away too much time. The only things that cannot be pre-caught are the ones that require you to catch or obtain something. Those must be obtained during the challenge. (ex. Catch a Swablu, obtain three Eeveelutions, etc)
9. Pictures are not required unless specified, however they are highly encouraged for a challenge like this.
10. Mini-challenges that require teams most consist of 4-6 party members, unless they say otherwise (ex. Solo).
11. This challenge will run up until July 31st. Final scores are due by then. If you don't post your final score, the last score that you posted will be counted as your final.
12. Post "Dani California" in your sign up so that I know you read the rules. These rules are very important to read, so this is mandatory to have your sign up recognized!

100 Point Mini-Challenges
Spoiler:

200 Point Mini-Challenges
Spoiler:

300 Point Mini-Challenges
Spoiler:

Username: Jak
with a name like dani california bleh bleh don't remember the lyrics

Arcade Stars ♛
Spoiler:

Special thanks to Anna for the idea and Necrum for suggesting the arcade theme as well as letting me host this event!

Last edited by a moderator:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

haha this is pretty hardcore. looks fun, but with my current pending workload, I'll have to pass :( Good luck to the Arcade Stars! #danicalifornia

edit: nvm i derp

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
haha this is pretty hardcore. looks fun, but with my current pending workload, I'll have to pass :( Good luck to the Arcade Stars! #danicalifornia

edit: nvm i derp

I can't tell if you're like...joking or what lol. :( Are you actually playing or...? I'm too tired to decipher people tonight, haha.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

my bad. the edit was meant for a previous part of the post (ninja edits ftw!)...which was genuinely derptacular. Hope no one got to see it.

But I guess I should score a few points now that my name's on the first post. lol that's my fault but I don't mind. Keep it there. Dani California jam time, anyone?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Well okay I can do some of this stuff! Then I will make my way to Dani, California.

Username: jdthebud

So we just do stuff, take pics, and get points? Cool. We need to catch new Pokémon for all the game, though, right, except E4 challenges?

Years
I am totally in for this :] My username is totally not AoTora xD (I am thinking about changing it though o.o) but yeah this sounds fun x3 Watch out cause here I come ~ I shall get all the points that I can xD

Years
Aha, some Red Hot Chili Peppers fans here I see. With a name like Dani California, day was gonna come when I was gonna mourn ya.

In other words, me is in-anumdo.

Editing this post so I can keep track of what i've documented.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
jdthebud said:
So we just do stuff, take pics, and get points? Cool. We need to catch new Pokémon for all the game, though, right, except E4 challenges?

Everything can be pre-trained really. This is about racking up as many points as you can, so to make you all raise new teams would be absurd. I'll make that more clear in the post. :)

AoTora said:
I am totally in for this :] My username is totally not AoTora xD (I am thinking about changing it though o.o) but yeah this sounds fun x3 Watch out cause here I come ~ I shall get all the points that I can xD

You didn't post Dani California, so make sure you've read the rules. :)

Years
Ah ~I just noticed what's up with that Dani California xD Of course I read the rules! =3 I always do ^^ Dani California is a really cool name isn't it? I'd totally name my kid Dani :D

On another note- I just defeated Roark in my Platinum nuzlocke - So I guess that I have 100 points so far right?

Years
Not sure how early i'm allowed to make another post (if not right away), but here:

Spoiler:

Yeah, i'll have more up later.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
This sounds like fun, I love how the tasks are so diverse. I'm already breeding a lot and WTing on X, so I'll report back on those soon. The Bug Catching Contest, I'll do it on my SS save that I used for Challegs back in spring, hehe. And I'll see about the rest. This should be fun, so count me in :)

Username: Dani California
Proof I read the rules: MIAU

Or, something like that.

Years
Just a quick question ~ Not sure if I missed it or something but are hacks allowed? At least those hacks that have same storyline but different encounters (Like FR Omega, Perfect Platinum, BlazeBlack etc.) - I am asking because I cannot seem to find working black and white 1&2 roms for whatever reason - they all have that glitch when you don't get exp - but I've nearly beaten the battle subway on blaze black 2 so I am wondering if that counts once I am done with it - if it doesn't that's just fine too :] Just curious ^^

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I would like for someone to assign me a random team for the E4. I will be using Pokemon X for the clear. Going to update with all my point tomorrow :D

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Bred a Dunsparce for my Ultimate Solo Challenge on Black 2, and gave it two egg moves for 200 more points.

stadarcadiumeggmoves.png

Total so far: 300 points.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just a quick question ~ Not sure if I missed it or something but are hacks allowed? At least those hacks that have same storyline but different encounters (Like FR Omega, Perfect Platinum, BlazeBlack etc.) - I am asking because I cannot seem to find working black and white 1&2 roms for whatever reason - they all have that glitch when you don't get exp - but I've nearly beaten the battle subway on blaze black 2 so I am wondering if that counts once I am done with it - if it doesn't that's just fine too :] Just curious ^^

The hacks like Blaze Black 2 that follow the same story, but beef up the difficult are totally fine.

If someone could generate me a team of 6 for Pokemon X so I can face the E4, that'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back