• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What if you woke up in Unova one day?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...Golurk likes the idea at least! So let's imagine your life suddenly became Mystery Dungeon-esque, and you woke up in Unova (B/W's Unova, that is, not the future Unova) suddenly! With this in mind, would you want to go back to human reality straight away, or explore the region? Where would you go? Who would you see? Would you try and track down Plasma, knowing they exist? Would you... stay? Discuss this totally wonderful hypothetical! n____n

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
If I woke up in Unova? ....I'd be a little girl in a candy store.

Sure I'd miss all my good friends here, but... POKEMON!! I'd much rather be a Pokemon Trainer, going around Unova challenging Gyms, befriending and loving my Pokemon, taking on the Pokemon League, then journeying to different regions all while meeting all kinds of Pokemon and people.

Screw real life. Life should be about Pokemon. However... If the Unova I woke up in was a Nuzlocke world.. I'd be doing anything and everything I could to get back to my reality.. >_>

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Woke up in Unova? I already have a home in Opelucid City (Black version). Great training ground to the east, and I sometimes breed at the daycare while enjoying the scenery of Route 3. You should come train with me sometime. :)

Cyclone

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I woke up in unova? ^_^ I'd get my Tepig and be the very best like no one ever waz!! I'd also track down team plasma to stop them from trying to seperate people and pokemon of course.

My old life....HAH!! *laughs for a minute* Not in a million years.(although I would miss some people).

Originally Posted by Syltti

I'd much rather be a Pokemon Trainer, going around Unova challenging Gyms, befriending and loving my Pokemon, taking on the Pokemon League, then journeying to different regions all while meeting all kinds of Pokemon and people.

Pretty much sums it up :D

Years
If I woke up in Unova?

I'd be a Pokemon Trainer of course, catching Pokemon, collecting Gym badges and with my beloved Oshawott by my side I'd become the Unova Champion! I'd also explore the whole region along the way.

Sirfetch’d

I would definately stay and explore the region and catch a bunch of Jellicent and have a great team. It would be so fun. I would challenge the elite four and try to win. and if any pesky Golurk or Servine are around I would just knock them out with my Jellicent's Ice Beam.

Years
It would be quite hilarious, really, to live in a world the size of a regular state/province. Hey, at least I can catch pokemon, but i wouldn't try to stop team plasma because their plans are somewhat stupid. I'd just relax with my pokemon and live happily ever after :]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It would be quite hilarious, really, to live in a world the size of a regular state/province. Hey, at least I can catch pokemon, but i wouldn't try to stop team plasma because their plans are somewhat stupid. I'd just relax with my pokemon and live happily ever after :]
If I may just address this without going off-topic...

Unova is considered a region. Not an entire world. Even in the anime, Ash is revealed to head to Unova from Pallet Town, as are Team Rocket. It is its own region in a big Pokémon world. Even places like Oblivia, Almia, and Fiore (another series) combined with Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova all make up the known world and theories exist on where each is located in the huge world (hence why Unova has been considered as a reinvention of New York with Castelia City being the namesake).

That should about sum it up. Unova is basically its own region. That's about it. :)

Cyclone

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
If I woke up in Unova, it would be a dream-come-true, I'd stay and explore, oh wait, very first thing I'd do is go out and search for Purrloin, and hopefully convince to explore with me as my first Pokemon.

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
take over the world. canonically only 1 of each legendary exists, so i would get them all Arceus is the creator of existence, and all the rest would just be gravy to help me take over the world.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
take over the world. canonically only 1 of each legendary exists, so i would get them all Arceus is the creator of existence, and all the rest would just be gravy to help me take over the world.

The only problem is you wake up in Unova and Arceus is VERY far away from Unova... unless you plan to steal one of Skyla's cargo planes?

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
get a pokemon to fly me there, and im also sure commercial planes would exist, just catch a flight to other regions.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The only problem is you wake up in Unova and Arceus is VERY far away from Unova... unless you plan to steal one of Skyla's cargo planes?
"Prepare for trouble, and make it double..."

;)

I'm still waiting for visitors at my new home. Anyone?

Cyclone

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wake up and be like ''Nuuu! This is nawt Kanto!''
And be a grumpy trainer the whole journey, because I'm too poor to catch a ride to Vermilion City

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Wake up and be like ''Nuuu! This is nawt Kanto!''
And be a grumpy trainer the whole journey, because I'm too poor to catch a ride to Vermilion City

I don't like the new region as much as I like HG/SS regions split, but one thing that would make me really happy is that Unova 2 is the region with the largest number of species found, and I would be problably excited about that.

First thing I was going to do is go to the nearest lab to get my Snivy. After that, I would go travel to make friends with all the pokemons I like.

get an abra and use teleport!

That would be totally awesome!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd most likely explore Unova before panicking to return to my own reality. There are a lot of things to do in Unova, like getting lost in Castelia or riding the roller coaster in Nimbasa's amusement park.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
look for the ruby slippers

I'd would travel around collecting all badges,become a musical hit and and pokewood star after that I'd go back to my own world.

Years
Omg, I'd be so excited! (of course I would be so excited about waking up in any region, I mean, pokemon!!!) First I would go find myself a golett. We'd battle through the league gaining other mons along for my team along the way. And when it evolved into a golurk, I would fly on it's back around Unova. I'd visit Accumula, Castelia, Route 4, Nimbasa and Undella first. I'd sit in Accumula and just relax to the beautiful music. In Castelia, I would explore the MASSIVE city, and go on the royal Unova, eat a billion castelia cones, go to the museums etc. I'd then travel to route 4. I love sand, dryness and heat, and seeing the desert pokemon playing would be awesome. I'd also love to explore the ruins of relic castle, and my golurk could chill with a sigilyph! Then I'd reach Nimbasa. I'd watch a game, enjoy the amusement park, and maybe check out a musical, but I don't know, I could see it being weird. Then lastly I'd buy a villa on the beach of Undella, and relax near the water. Maybe I'd also explore the ruins there too! And then I'd take down the league, and become a gym leader of some sort...

Never going back to real life ever.

Back