• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2009
I just refused to play it on the computer and pulled out my M3 Real card. If it comes out in Europe I'll buy it for real =D.
Also, I did try to get it to work on No$GBA but I couldn't which was another reason to play it on a real DS.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Okay the league glitch is caused because of the black screen code and we cannot save bcoz of it.
So the trick is to turn off the code before the save after defeating lance and reapply the code when the game starts again for future events thats how i got rid of crash.
Oh me and my brains

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2009
MY PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER I OPEN THE POKEGEAR IT SHOWS A BLACK BLANK SCREEN AND DOES NOTHING CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE

MY PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER I OPEN THE POKEGEAR IT SHOWS A BLACK BLANK SCREEN AND DOES NOTHING CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
save frequently this happens to me if i get stuck in a battle that takes a while or if im having trouble catching a particular pokemon so i started to just save more often

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2010
They released 0.9.5? I started using 0.9.4 after I beat Morty on No$gba with no problems at all. Then, I beat Clair. Upon entering the Dragon's Den (which area text was in Japanese), I get the usual sprite glitches. After that, if I do anything,(ie. open my bag or pokegear, go down the lader, etc.) the game freezes. Not the anti-piracy freeze where the music loops, but flat out freezes.

I was really enjoying playing this since I can't play my Gold or Crystal games since the internal battery died.

Years
I am using No$gba, and got everything to work, but the graphics are horrible for some reason.
Its like the images are JPG instead of PNG.

Anybody know what I need to do to fix this?

EDIT: Now the graphics are fixed and dont look like JPG, but the colors are dark. And there are black lines running through the tiles. Look in my sig for the link to a pic since I cant post links untill I have 15 posts.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
So, I've been looking around for hours and can't find a solution to my problem.

At first I couldn't every time I saved and booted my r4i - SDHC Upgrade Revolution it would be as if I had never saved in the first place. Now, instead of that it says my save file has been corrupted and just starts the game over like I never saved. Any chance I could get some help?

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
I got a problem!
Pokemon Soul Silver.When I try to fight the first Youngster it freezes!
Can anyone help me?
I'm using DeSmuMe

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
Years
I've got it running on desmume no problem, the only thing is the speed, I know it's affected by computer specs, but is there any way to give it a little speed boost, running it this slowly is killing me. I've tried turning off all the extra graphics options (smoothing and whatever it was), but is there anything else I can do?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2009
hi guys i am playing pokemon soul silver no$gba and i now beat the 4th gym leader and decided to save in th pokemon center.Remember every 10 mins or 20 mins i save and take off the game.later on i try acccessing my save file and they say how rom image has crashed anytime i try to access my file.what do i do? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.i dont want to start over.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2010
Okay, I've tried to play multiple roms with multiple patches of soul silver on no$gba and no$zoomer and every single time the screen turns black after the intro with oak. Ive tried other emulators but they ru the game at 50% speed. If anybody has any solutions please pm me.

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
hi guys i am playing pokemon soul silver no$gba and i now beat the 4th gym leader and decided to save in th pokemon center.Remember every 10 mins or 20 mins i save and take off the game.later on i try acccessing my save file and they say how rom image has crashed anytime i try to access my file.what do i do? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.i dont want to start over.

This has happened to me many times and no matter how many times you use the save then turn off trick and then replay it, saving it after beating Whitney, or sometimes, after beating Morty, or anywhere inside Goldenrod or Ecruteak, often causes this problem:
The Rom Image has crashed!

And unforetuantely, the only known solution is to restart the game.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, dude, but that rom ain't gonna work again unless you restart the game.

gabecounts112594

Gabe Counts
Years
Everytime I get my 3rd Gym Badge, when I save, my emulator crashes, and will sometimes delete my entire save game.

Please, somebody PM me a solution.

Dark Pulse

Shadow Elite
Years
to people who are having trouble with the rom stopping after a battle the soloution is quite simple, you have to alow the music when the pokemon faints. Dont ask me why but thats just how it is

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2010
Damn it! I can't play the roms, even with Pokemon League Champion patches.
Guys, you know what? Let's just wait for the Pokemon HG/SS english roms.
They can't have any crashes and freezes.

But to confort you guys, i have a Soul Silver rom that never freezes, that never crashes, and most of it is in english.

And I have completed the game. Now i'm doing all the events.

But there is more. My rom can go to Wi-Fi battle!!!!!! Don't ask me how i did that because i just clicked on every keys of the keyboard and then that happened.

The only thing i can do is trading pokemon.

And if i try to upload the rom it says that the file is too big to upload.

Thanks for listening and PLEASE guys STOP ARGUING.
(Sorry if i have bad grammar.)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Idk know if this has been answered yet but for all those having the "Black Screen" problem, make sure this Action Replay code is on in your emulator at all times and make sure RAW is checked:

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

I know this works for SoulSilver because that's what I'm playing. It should work for HeartGold as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back