• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Pokemon Dungeon Masters Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I agree with cacturne. The humans could possibly live on the other side of the globe.

But then again that all depends on the universe. I'm not sure if rescue team and explorers could count as different universes but in Magnagate and Infinite Labrynth trailer it says its a world with only pokemon.

So the question is, how do they know humans exist?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So the question is, how do they know humans exist?
The point is that Pokémon live much longer than humans.
If we get this idea into consideration then we can presume that PMDs are in far far future where human race simply died out and Pokémon had been freed from the PokéBalls...
Yeah, I know that kinda does not correspond with PMD2 storyline but the idea might be close to it.

CourageHound

Years
Haha, yea I guess. But i dont think we can find a true answer outside of speculation due to it being....well a mystery lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Answering Topic:

Well...tbh i dunno but have thought about it to myself quite a few times before, excellent topic. But the statement that no humans exist within the PMD universe at all isnt exactly the case due to PMD2. Anyway thats beside the point. I beleive that the pokemon know of humans but havnt had much contact with humans posibly due to them being in seperate dimensions :/ ? And the knowledge that humans exist could come from pokemon with extended psychic sight like Xatu, or from spacial pokemon such as Palkia. Idk.

Or a little simpler, maybe humans just died out somehow or became so exceedingly rare that you just really dont see humans at all(ironic huh?). What do you guys think?
That's kinda what I was thinking too. Maybe there was some kind of war that wiped out all the humans in that area? Or maybe there was a disease that every human caught that killed them and left their Pokemon trainerless? The possibilities are endless lol

Hmm. Intriguing question. I think that Pokemon and humans are supposed to be separated -- Pokemon in one dimension, humans in the other. Maybe it's because Pokemon don't get along well with humans, and the humans thought the same. But then, in PMD: Explorers of Time, Darkness or Sky, the Pokemon you play as was a human trainer, that had a Pokemon as a best friend -- so a relationship between Pokemon and people still exist, and my theory is proven to be just a theory.

My second hunch would be, er, some Pokemon didn't want to be trained by humans, and some wanted to stay with humans. Imo, most Pokemon went to another dimension, while some stayed with their trainers. That would explain why there aren't any humans in the PMD universe, and that would also explain why a connection between Pokemon and humans still exist. But there are still some loopholes in this theory, and I'm still not sure.

I'm anxious to see all of your answers.
That's an interesting theory. I wouldn't have thought of that one about Pokemon choosing to be separated from humans. I wonder what would have caused Pokemon to want to be separated from humans though...

maybe humans were kind of like rumors and myths in their world?
I am so very sorry I didn't add you to the member list earlier. If I ever forget something like that again, anyone is welcome to let me know asap so I can fix it. I've updated everyone's points and I am really happy to see you all answering the topic. Feel free to keep answering since this topic is such a broad one and can still be discussed more. :)

Reactions: EB

CourageHound

Years
After racking my brain I gots another theory is possibly that people and pokemon decided to separate from eachother long long ago? Like pokemon wanted independence(or were forced to)? Ik sounds kinda far fetched but its a thought. Like how (referencing B/W story line) N made humans release all pokemon? And that event was sooo far into the past that no pokemon recalled humans were purposely diverged from pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
After racking my brain I gots another theory is possibly that people and pokemon decided to separate from eachother long long ago? Like pokemon wanted independence(or were forced to)? Ik sounds kinda far fetched but its a thought. Like how (referencing B/W story line) N made humans release all pokemon? And that event was sooo far into the past that no pokemon recalled humans were purposely diverged from pokemon.

That is an interesting theory. It makes me wonder why people and Pokemon would chose to be separated since the bonds between Pokemon and their trainers are so strong. Maybe in the past the world was very different and those bonds may not have existed like they do today? Or maybe instead of being in the present, the PMD universe is what could possibly happen in the future?

CourageHound

Years
That is an interesting theory. It makes me wonder why people and Pokemon would chose to be separated since the bonds between Pokemon and their trainers are so strong. Maybe in the past the world was very different and those bonds may not have existed like they do today? Or maybe instead of being in the present, the PMD universe is what could possibly happen in the future?

Oh yea thats a good thot. Who's to say that in the PMD universe pokemon wanted to be with people at all? Maybe they preferred to be distanced but didnt necessarily like people.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
FINALLY A PMD CLUB! *cries with joy*:D
Username: Cosmotone
Your Pokemon: Piplup
Partner Pokemon: Vulpix
Answer Topic:
Current Topic: What is your theory as to why there isn't any humans in the PMD universe?
Well, maybe there was something that happened (war or maybe something else traumatic) and now Pokemon outnumber humans so vastly that humans are forced to go into hiding, and only come out after the planet is paralyzed. You (the former human) decides to actually venture out and try to stop the madness, but is turned into a Pokemon, etc.

If you could chose any area in the Mystery Dungeons world, where would you chose as your "home"?
Probably Fogbound Lake. Its so beautiful, and I would love to be there.

How would your initial reaction to being turned into a Pokemon be and how would you cope with the new world around you?
I would try to accept it, though in truth I would probably go off in solitude and just think out everything before rushing into anything.

What Pokemon did you chose as your Pokemon and partner Pokemon and why?
I looove Piplup, so I rigged the test. xD I liked Vulpix, so I figured, "Why not?"

CourageHound

Years
Current Topic: What is your theory as to why there isn't any humans in the PMD universe?
Well, maybe there was something that happened (war or maybe something else traumatic) and now Pokemon outnumber humans so vastly that humans are forced to go into hiding, and only come out after the planet is paralyzed. You (the former human) decides to actually venture out and try to stop the madness, but is turned into a Pokemon, etc.

Thats another idea...albeit a dark one. Kinda like an old planet of the apes movie. :o but doesnt that mean all of the humans of the future disappear after the paralysis is solved??

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Ha! I have not seen this club yet, what a shame!
I would love to join!

Username: Galoria
Your Pokemon:
133.png
(Evoli)
Partner Pokemon:
025.png
(Choo)

Current Topic:

What is your theory as to why there isn't any humans in the PMD universe?
Mmmh.

There are many theory:
First, I think that Pokémon or even humans was banned in a different universe to be safe from humans. Palkia and Dialga could do it to protect themself or something.
Second, probably that because we live in a foreign area, where humans dare not tread. Pokémon that reside on the notion of human, so I do not think humans are non-existent in the world of PMD.
Third, maybe all the Pokémon in PMD are humans. I mean that Generations have sustained. Early humans had turned into a Pokémon in this world and they continue to reproduce. To the notion of human loses little by little.
Current Pokémon do not know that they are descendants of Pokémon-human. Who remembers it is those who embodied the body of a recently Pokémon. Hence why Pokémon remember that there are people somewhere because it is part of their concept in their DNA.

If you could chose any area in the Mystery Dungeons world, where would you chose as your "home"?
Fogbound Lake. This place is just beautiful and amazing.

How would your initial reaction to being turned into a Pokemon be and how would you cope with the new world around you?
Nice question! First I would be lost. My first reaction is to immerse myself in solitude, but loneliness does not really summarizes freedom. We need relationships, and Pokémon also want relationships. Without it there is not that social rank that makes the Pokémon live in harmony in a group.
Without the man they live in perfect balance.

Eevee for me, and Pikachu as partner.
It is very simple, at first, I love Eevee. I loved the way to use my Eevee in the old versions of Pokémon, I tried to beat the league with my Eevee (I still have it). Even if is it not strong, Eevee is so cute, and I don't care about to see strong Pokémon!
So that why I choose Eevee. In this game, Eevee is not weak as the other games.
About Pikachu, I love its
electric character. Its colors. There is so much things to say about Pikachu :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Username: Cosmotone
Your Pokemon: Piplup
Partner Pokemon: Vulpix
Answer Topic:

Probably Fogbound Lake. Its so beautiful, and I would love to be there.

I would try to accept it, though in truth I would probably go off in solitude and just think out everything before rushing into anything.

I looove Piplup, so I rigged the test. xD I liked Vulpix, so I figured, "Why not?"

Ha! I have not seen this club yet, what a shame!
I would love to join!

Username: Galoria
Your Pokemon:
133.png
(Evoli)
Partner Pokemon:
025.png
(Choo)

Current Topic:

What is your theory as to why there isn't any humans in the PMD universe?
Mmmh.

There are many theory:
First, I think that Pokémon or even humans was banned in a different universe to be safe from humans. Palkia and Dialga could do it to protect themself or something.
Second, probably that because we live in a foreign area, where humans dare not tread. Pokémon that reside on the notion of human, so I do not think humans are non-existent in the world of PMD.
Third, maybe all the Pokémon in PMD are humans. I mean that Generations have sustained. Early humans had turned into a Pokémon in this world and they continue to reproduce. To the notion of human loses little by little.
Current Pokémon do not know that they are descendants of Pokémon-human. Who remembers it is those who embodied the body of a recently Pokémon. Hence why Pokémon remember that there are people somewhere because it is part of their concept in their DNA.

Fogbound Lake. This place is just beautiful and amazing.

Nice question! First I would be lost. My first reaction is to immerse myself in solitude, but loneliness does not really summarizes freedom. We need relationships, and Pokémon also want relationships. Without it there is not that social rank that makes the Pokémon live in harmony in a group.
Without the man they live in perfect balance.

Eevee for me, and Pikachu as partner.
It is very simple, at first, I love Eevee. I loved the way to use my Eevee in the old versions of Pokémon, I tried to beat the league with my Eevee (I still have it). Even if is it not strong, Eevee is so cute, and I don't care about to see strong Pokémon!
So that why I choose Eevee. In this game, Eevee is not weak as the other games.
About Pikachu, I love its
electric character. Its colors. There is so much things to say about Pikachu :3
Welcome to the club you two and thanks for answering all the topics. :D
Thats another idea...albeit a dark one. Kinda like an old planet of the apes movie. :o but doesnt that mean all of the humans of the future disappear after the paralysis is solved??
Congrats CourageHound on becoming a Supporter. :D

It's good to see more activity in the club and more members joining. Since the current topic hasn't been changed in awhile, feel free to suggest a new one or continue to discuss the current topic if you want. :)

CourageHound

Years
Well I guess i'll suggest a topic:

Say you've already established yourself with the local pokemon after becoming one yourself. How would you spend your life as a pokemon and how would you interact with the other posters?

Ik long topic but lets give it a shot. An example of diiferent ways you could spend your life as a pokemon besides an explorer would be say, a common villager, a shopkeeper of some sort(ex. link shop, florist, merchant etc.), a mail-pokemon, or even a pokemon that lives in a dungeon.

I myself would be a proud explorer traveling with my partner to become a renowned explorer and rescuer. I'd have a house on the outskirts of a village that I would come back to after every now and then after some adventures. I'd get my money and profit from my finding as an explorer and my reward money for missions so a formal profession wouldn't be of use(or interest) of me. Occasionally i'd give away a few treasures I find to pokemon who seem to be in need to help em out.

As for relations with my fellow dungeon masters, i'll wait for your posts to answer that.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Say you've already established yourself with the local pokemon after becoming one yourself. How would you spend your life as a pokemon and how would you interact with the other posters?

Ooh la la, one of the best discussions by far!

As much as I hate to not answer a tres bon le sujet, I'm not actually sure about it. I'd love to become an Explorer, but I prefer to live a simple life as a Pokemon. If possible, I would make a Pokemon newspaper, by the name of Pokemon Daily, and I'll be the editor-in-chief. I know, I know, what would Pokemon do with newspapers? Well, I imagine life as a Pokemon to be like in real life. Pokemon need to know the news like people, too, you know.

CourageHound

Years
Ooh la la, one of the best discussions by far!

As much as I hate to not answer a tres bon le sujet, I'm not actually sure about it. I'd love to become an Explorer, but I prefer to live a simple life as a Pokemon. If possible, I would make a Pokemon newspaper, by the name of Pokemon Daily, and I'll be the editor-in-chief. I know, I know, what would Pokemon do with newspapers? Well, I imagine life as a Pokemon to be like in real life. Pokemon need to know the news like people, too, you know.

Actually a news paper would be really cool and helpfull :D. Only thing is, my mailbox would probloby get packed with mail while i'm gone on adventures ;D.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Actually a news paper would be really cool and helpfull :D. Only thing is, my mailbox would probloby get packed with mail while i'm gone on adventures ;D.

lol you can unsubscribe to my newspaper anytime. Haha. ;)
Club's been pretty inactive for a while. Don't you think? Oh, and a question, are we going to have a fan-fiction-writing-contest-event-thingy? I love making up stories.

CourageHound

Years
lol you can unsubscribe to my newspaper anytime. Haha. ;)
Club's been pretty inactive for a while. Don't you think? Oh, and a question, are we going to have a fan-fiction-writing-contest-event-thingy? I love making up stories.

Idk, I've been looking forward to it too but nooobody(including the owners) have posted. Well I guess for the sake of elaborating on the topic, before i'd become an adventurer i'd apprentice at a place like the guild or marowack dojo until i'm ready. That would be cool.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Well I guess for the sake of elaborating on the topic...

lol to elaborate the topic much further, I guess I'd apprentice at the guild while writing my newspaper. I could interview fellow apprentices and ask about their adventures. That would give good ratings. Haha.

CourageHound

Years
lol to elaborate the topic much further, I guess I'd apprentice at the guild while writing my newspaper. I could interview fellow apprentices and ask about their adventures. That would give good ratings. Haha.

Lol you forget. The sign inside the guild says "No interviews or silly survays" :P.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Lol you forget. The sign inside the guild says "No interviews or silly survays" :P.

lol that's so true. But my surveys aren't silly. And I bet Chatot would like some cash, if you catch my drift. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back