• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Game Music :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
Hi. My question, what's your favourite game song?
Mine is Goldenrod City. Because song is very very good.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
Ah yes my two favorites are Lavender town and Violet Town. Sweet, Sweet music to my ears.

IllusDark8

I enjoy VGM in general. Thus, myself on Radio Nintendo. I'm the only one that has all the Pokemon Soundtracks with Permission. However, when it comes to GB Music for the games, it's hard to say because all of the songs are amazing.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
My favorite themes would be the Johto trainer battle theme, gym leader battle music, the Dragon's Den, the RB champion music, and GSC wild battle music.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Olivine City is definitely my favorite! I don't know why I like it that much, I just do xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am especially fond of the Trainer Battle theme in RBY. I don't know why, but those runs always get me, and the bass line haha. It's just a very well put together piece of music and it's easy to hear every little aspect of it, and it's just very enjoyable. As for GSC, Ecruteak/Cianwood music is the best for me.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
My favorites from R/B/Y include: Vermillion City, Final Battle theme, route 25 theme, Pewter City and the Gym theme (the music that plays when you're inside a gym, not the gym leader battle).

My favorites from G/S/C include: Rocket Battle theme, Final Battle Theme, Goldenrod City, The lake of rage theme, and Blackthorn City theme.

I will have to admit that the Vermillion City theme is my number one favorite piece of music from a Pokemon game. It's just so catchy and energetic.

All of the music from the first two gens are amazing though and blow all of the other games in the series out of the water in my opinion. All of the remakes and newer Pokemon games way overdo the music and make it sound way too clean. The 8 bit music focuses on the melody and doesn't include all of the flashy stuff that makes the new music boring. The 8 bit music is also much gritter sounding, which is great for me since I love metal music.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2012
My favorites from R/B/Y include: Vermillion City, Final Battle theme, route 25 theme, Pewter City and the Gym theme (the music that plays when you're inside a gym, not the gym leader battle).

My favorites from G/S/C include: Rocket Battle theme, Final Battle Theme, Goldenrod City, The lake of rage theme, and Blackthorn City theme.

I will have to admit that the Vermillion City theme is my number one favorite piece of music from a Pokemon game. It's just so catchy and energetic.

All of the music from the first two gens are amazing though and blow all of the other games in the series out of the water in my opinion. All of the remakes and newer Pokemon games way overdo the music and make it sound way too clean. The 8 bit music focuses on the melody and doesn't include all of the flashy stuff that makes the new music boring. The 8 bit music is also much gritter sounding, which is great for me since I love metal music.

Goldenrod City music is really very very incredible. When i listen it, i remember when i am 5 years old.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Biking music in GSC was really soothing. I remember almst 10 years ago when I used to walk around listening to this song.

Goldenrod city's theme was soothing as well. Almost feels like you're walking in a park.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
Biking music in GSC was really soothing. I remember almst 10 years ago when I used to walk around listening to this song.

Goldenrod city's theme was soothing as well. Almost feels like you're walking in a park.

The bike theme is just a sped up version of the Goldenrod City theme.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
My favorite is Lance & Red Battle Music, Legendary Dogs Battle Music, Tin Tower, Mount Silver, Indigo Plateau.

In RBY it was Champion Battle Music and Gym Leader Battle.

Pinta77

I agree with both Lance battle music and Legendary trio music :)

Theres a route theme i really like though. Forgot what route... But it was one of my favorites. I also like the little jingle when the fire breathers want to battle :)

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
My favorite is the biking music. I also like Lavender Town and the Hall Of Fame. Lake Of Rage, Ice Cave, Route 1 and Cerulean City are nice, too.

Years
My two favorite, from Gold at least, were the Game Corner music in Goldenrod and the Ruins of Alph music (if you could call it that). I also really liked the Route 1 music in R/B/Y, and it carried over as one of my favorites in FireRed, just like the Game Corner music did to HeartGold.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
RGBY: S.S. Anne, Route 13/14/15, Route 24/25, Ending Theme

GSC: EVERY DAMN TRACK ON THERE National Park, Route 26/27, Route 38/39, the Surfing music, Slowpoke Well/Dark Cave/Ice Path, Violet City/Olivine City

I've said this a million times of this forum already, but I must reiterate. The GSC soundtrack is incomparable to any other video game soundtrack I've heard. And the HGSS soundtrack is incredibly remade, too.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The Team Rocket battle theme. I thought that this sounded pretty epic back in the day.

I also seem to like the hideout theme because it always gave that feeling of creepiness.

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
Either the trainer RED battler music in g/s/c or the rival battle music in g/s/c.

(But N's battle music is still my all time favorite)

Back