• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter

Who Is Your Favorite Starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Charmander

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Chikarita

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Treeko

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Torchic

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Mudkip

• Turtwig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Piplup

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Snivy

• Tepig

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Bulbasaur by faaaaaaar. My favorite of all also. I like its appearance, colors, vine whip, razor leaves, leech seed and Ash's one is nice.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Totodile and Cyndaquil no contest. Both cute starters and badass evolutions. After them its Charmander and Squirtle. Never could decide between the water/fire types.

Years
I'm honestly not a big fan of the starter Pokemon, but I would have to say that Treecko is my favorite. My original one from Sapphire that I started 9 years ago is still with me as a Sceptile on my HeartGold.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
i liek mudkipz do u liek mudkipz

i liek charmanderz and chikoritaz too

>_>

Cutting out the meme, my favorite has always been Mudkip - even before the meme, but Charmander, Chikorita, and Torchic are all awesome too. I like all Gen IV starters about equally, and Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil are solid choices also. Gen V... they're all meh to me, to be honest...

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Gen 5 starters make me cry. The Gen 3 are all pretty good but my favorite(preevolution) is Treecko. If you count the final evolutions my favorite gen 3 is Torchic. Gen 4 are all pretty much equal. But, omg Gen 5 :' (

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Piplup, defs. Really cute, but I hate it when it evolves. It has powerful attacks, and it made me win on my battle with Cynthia. Also great for contests.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Treecko. So much swag. I've picked the other two starters from that generation like once each and Treecko the other 10 times haha.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
I would honestly say all Fire-type are my favorites, but I don't really like Torchic for some reason...

Aside of Fire-type, I like Oshawott and Snivy. Gen 5's starters are all kickass.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Charmander because I like Charizard. Charizard could be dragon type imo. He looks like it :D I like Ash's Charizard. I like Charmeleon too. IIRC, Charmander was my first ever pokemon in Pokemon Red.

My sig? It's a coincidence which I am happy about :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Totodile. Shoot me for being a nostalgic freak but Totodile was my first ever Pokemon and I've loved it ever since.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

It was a hard toss up between Torchick and Chikorita but I choose Torchick. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
If it isn't obvious already, Charmander.

Why?

It all started with my Charmander in Pokemon Red. Oddly enough, its experiences in the game mirror my own experiences in real life. Just as how Charmander was greatly disadvantaged in the beginning stages of the Gen 1 games, I was a disadvantaged child. Sickly and bedridden, my only source of escape being my Gameboy and Pokemon Red. Helping Charmander grow from strength to strength in the game inspired me to want to grow from strength to strength to regain my health. Just like my Charmander, I set my mind and body to becoming better and stronger and I eventually got better. Just as my disadvantaged Charmander eventually evolved into a mighty Charizard, I was able to pull myself up and become a stronger person.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
GSC Cyndaquil was so bro-tastic. Typhlosion has a neat cry and access to special Thunderpunch is too good in-game.

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
Years
I almost always choose a fire type starter but Totodile is simply the best starter pokémon ever. His evolutions are awesome and i love his personality in the anime. Charmander would be a close second for me with cyndaquil in third.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I went with Charmander for no other reason than he's Charmander and whatcha gonna do about it. He evolves into Charizard. Nuff said.
^ This, this, this, this, and this. I just absolutely love Charmander to death. He's an adorable little lizard that eventually evolves into a ferocious dragon! I mean, duh! For the other regions, I like Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, and Oshawott. c:

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
Squirtle because of that Squirtle squad ep where Squirtle made mishave for fun and I think Squirtle cute.

Back