• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team LegendaryTrio (recruiting)

What should the region name be?

• Trident

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Trinity

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Zephry (z-ef-ree)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Xinny (zin-ee)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fariy (fa-rye-ee)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Tower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sarinee (sar-in-ee)

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Niven

• Fanto

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Legend Islands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
...... Niven, what can i do??? I am completely booooooooooooooreed....... I have tons of names that i thought of and i can PM you them..... But only if you want me too.... I can make the hometown pretty.... Also, do you want me to insert HG/SS hometown music instead of regular?? I can do all of that, but im waiting for approval

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
@Teejer You're accepted. Can you sprite legendaries too?

@Ominous Nice job.Personally, I like the first version the best; yes! Now we have our almost official legendary fakemon. You can check to see if Dude2207 wants your help with the starters, or just wait to see if he asks you first.

@Bal You can PM the names if you want. Also, you can check with M.L about mapping the first town and route. Maybe, he'll be glad to let you help him. Other than that, you'll have to wait for that to be done, then you can insert music.

dude2207

pokemon master man
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
hey niven... kinda pissedoff my mom and got grounded... will be back tues. ill try all i can today to get some stuff done.

baladamy

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Okay, I've talked with niven, and I already sent him this, but This is a boxart that i made. Comments and Ratings would be appreciated......
hiresgameboyadvancebl4.jpg

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
not bad needs to be smaller maybe and i find it isnt blended well the blue looks like it was added to fill in the white spaces try to make it flow better :)

baladamy

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
... thanks for the comment, i'll try to fix that later :)

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Job Applying For: Beta Tester, Title Screen Editor
Experience: Little, lol. But I've spent a fair little while learning how to fully edit title screens.
Proof Of Work: There is a title screen screenshot in my team, Broken Memories.

niven

Years
@EdensElite You're Accepted. You'll have to wait a while before I ask you to change the titlescreen, cause the game's currently being worked on. When you do change it, can you change the background into something like this:
180px-Background.png

Last edited:

niven

Years
That banner is awesome!:D Great job

While we're still mapping, and not scripting yet, does anyone have any ideas for the story(that can be implemented in the first beta)? Also should we have a rival, or should he leave forever after first battle? Should we have any gen 3 pokemon (it's my least favorite generation)? Should we have any of the legendary pokemon from gen 4 or 5? What special rule should the first gym leader have?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to have other peoples opinions and ideas in this hack too.

Last edited:

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
That banner is awesome!:D Great job
While we're still mapping, and not scripting yet, does anyone have any ideas for the story(that can be implemented in the first beta)? Also should we have a rival, or should he leave forever after first battle? Should we have any gen 3 pokemon (it's my least favorite generation)? Should we have any of the legendary pokemon from gen 4 or 5? What special rule should the first gym leader have?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to have other peoples opinions and ideas in this hack too.

I think that to battle any of the gym leaders you should first do a challenge they tell you to do to test your worth.
3rd gen would be nice to implement. The rival should stay and depending on choices made in the game he can turn evil and join the evil team or become good and help you stop them.

Those are my ideas for now, i am working on an idea to start off the game.
What do you think?

~OminousMix

Last edited:

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
@Niven

Just a couple of points from an outside view. I mean absolutely no offense and have the hack's best interest at heart, which is why I'm saying it.

That Title screen looks a little amateurish, would you mind if I made my own, but kept the same concept in mind?

I know you have your heart set on that bird sprite thing, but (again no offense to the creator) I don't think it's good enough to represent the hack as it doesn't look professional so anyone who sees the sprite at a first glance will think the same of the quality of the hack itself. I will send you a ZIP folder off a bunch of custom fakemon i've accumulated over a while and you can decide if they are more appropriate or not. You might even find a few to use in the hack itself :)

niven

Years
@OminousMix The challenge idea sounds interesting, I guess if no one opposes it we'll have gen 3 pokemon, and the thing with the rival sounds tricky but doable. I know that you wanted to redo Feyrios a couple of times, so when you're done post the images.

@EdensElite Sure, make your own title screen if you want, go ahead and send me the fakemon, and no need to say no offence, like I've said many times, I WANT to hear others true opinions. Personally, I shouldn't have been to quick to make the sprite seem official. !From now on, I'll try to hear others opinions before making any sprite or anything official!

@everyone I think we should finish the first beta in steps, like:
1.) Map first route and town/ insert tiles
2.) insert music from HG/SS
3.) Script first town and route. If this takes to long, then we'll go ahead and map the next town and route, while we work on the scripts.
4.) Finish mapping second town and route. Insert scripts for everything mapped so far.
5.) Map final town
6.) Insert scripts for final town
7.) Test everything
8.) try to fix bugs
Any spriting can be done at anytime while making the beta. Eden, you should just tell me whenever your ready to edit the titlescreen, and I'll tell whoever's currently working on the rom to send you the ips when their done. If anyone has any ideas/sprites for trainers, fakemon, etc. please send them to me. I'm gonna remove the features and edit the story from the first post. Also, we have the beginning story for the game (it'll be in the first post). I'm gonna make a thread for this game in the progressing hacks forum(that's where the features we'll be, but not as many). Any comments/ideas on/about ANYTHING at all?

Last edited:

dude2207

pokemon master man
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
@niven got a sprite made but when i try to put in came it changes it's colors. asked ominousmix about it and he dosen't know. he said he'd ask around but until then im might not try to make sprites cuz' i dont like to scrap my work.

niven

Years
@Dude2207 You don't have to put it in the game. The game's currently being worked on by someone else, so inserting your sprite won't so anything. Can you post it though?

niven

Years
Note:I'm currently thinking about making the switch from pokescript to xse. so anyone got any hints/tips for me? I'va also learned hot to add extra room for moves(For the fakemon), and I'm trying to learn how to create new items(So I can make a signature item for Feyrios(or whatever we end up calling it), like sacred ash for ho-oh). Any ideas for the item, or other items?

Uodate: We have a chat for discussing team stuff at:
Code:
http://xat.com/L3gendaryTrio

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
ohk i have been working on my version of the take pokemon script and has been well succsefull in the most
i am using the daycars bits so i can edit it and so far it allows you to choose a pokemon and to store it still working on the ''getting it back'' part if your interested vm\pm me or somthing this is still a rough and needs work i have to admit

niven

Years
@UnForgiven* you're story is good. It's in the first post.

UPDATE: I was thinking that the idea of getting all starters by the third gym would be easier if we did something, like in pokemon yellow. I mean if you have to get a certain pokemon as a starter, and you get the three regular starters during the game(Like if you overslept, forgot it was your birthday, your dad requested a certain pokemon for you, or something else that would cause you to not get the regular starters of that reigon) . Personally, I love lucario, and thought that maybe we could make it to where you have to get a riolu for your starting pokemon, and then get the three regular fakemon starters later in the game. This way we won't have to make any of the fakemon starters until later in development.Any thoughts? Also, should we have some other sinnoh and unova pokemon(Like Arceus and Reshiram)?

Last edited:

baladamy

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Srry guys! I'm mapping route 1 now and my advanced map keeps crashing :( Downloading a different version now..... I tried my hand at inserting music....... Don't EVER let me insert music into the game EVER! Even if i beg! DO NOT LET ME INSERT MUSIC! I almost had my ear broken LITERALLY! Niven, take me off of Music editing, to save everyones ears......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back