• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm not sure whether I'm excited or indifferent to Cheren being a Gym Leader this time around. I'm also in the same situation with regards to Bianca's current role, but it does make sense considering what happened in BW.

I think N looks younger this time around, too. It's strange, isn't it?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I thought that, too! D:
Maybe it's because his smile seems like he's actually HAPPY, now. Where as before he was sad and emo and junk and ready to blow up all the people. It looks like Team Plasma itself is back, but very...uh, humble looking, now. Apart from their costumes, they seem to be living in shared quarters. Almost looks like an apartment. Maybe N himself lives there!
I wanted N to return looking very fierce, seeking revenge. He can't be too wise right away! At least he returned though I suppose.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Maybe the showing of a younger N hints that we'll just get a very detailed back story as to what had happened to him prior to and after the Pokemon League incident?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Misty and Brock just makes me think anime tbh. Not really a fan of them returning ;; Giovanni trying to relaunch team rocket...?

Years
....the heck is up with N's face....o-o

Also, anyone else notice that Bianca's glasses look EXACTLY like Cheren's, which he seems to no longer be wearing?

Years
I'm glad Cheren, Bianca an N are returning. They were such great characters.

Bianca wears glasses now? Maybe she might be the new professor?

And I've heard that Homika is Brycen's daughter? This will make it the second main series game where a Gym Leader and their child are both Gym Leaders in the same game (after Roark and Byron in D/P/Pt).

I like how so many old characters are returning like Steven, Cynthia, Misty, Brock, Lance and Giovanni.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Misty and Brock just makes me think anime tbh. Not really a fan of them returning ;; Giovanni trying to relaunch team rocket...?
Could be an explanation to the guys in black uniforms.

So Giovanni's going to be returning once again (guess he didn't die!). This doesn't add up, really!

@Hikari10 - Nope, Homika's father hasn't been revealed.
Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen appears, has a confrontation with Homika's father who wants to be a movie star, and is part of PokéWood.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
....the heck is up with N's face....o-o

Also, anyone else notice that Bianca's glasses look EXACTLY like Cheren's, which he seems to no longer be wearing?

Please don't tell me they are now a couple upon returning >___>

Oh wait @ kaori I forgot he died o_O how strange!

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2012
eP3bI.png

Let's talk about Ruby now.

Back to never going on this website again. Later.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Geovanni's apperance makes me hopeful that Cyrus will return...though unlike him Cyrus was never a gym leader...so geo might simply be appearing because of his Gym leader status in Gen I and remakes...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Looking more closely at Bianca, I really like how she was redesigned. Cheren seems quite weird, but Bianca looks more mature & less of a klutz.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well maybe the fact that she was undecided between model and professor, perhaps Juniper is just training her to follow in her footsteps rn and that she could also have a modelling career on the side and by the end we decide what she's really going to do with life?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Bianca looks flipping adorable imo. Also I think later one she really started to feel like following Juniper's footsteps and becoming a Pokemon Professor as well in Black/White. Least that goal seems more prominent than her becoming an actress? I'm not really sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It says Binaca gives you your Starter Pokemon as a Favor for Juniper who can't be there.

As for why she is Juniper's assistant....she became Juniper's Assistant in Black and White. After the incident in Castella Bianca is pretty much seen with Professor Juniper and is always assisting her. Seems pretty obvious she became her assistant through the course of the game play.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I like Bianca's new design, though it seems odd for her to be an assistant.I wonder if the fact she has Cheren's glass indicate any sort of relationship.

So if Cheren and Bianca are returning, does this mean our heroes, Hilda and Hilbert will be returning? They could be like E4 or something.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Giovanni taking his place as Gym Leader back after all the mess in Gen I and II sounds a bit weird, but maybe it's just that the International Police hasn't told the guys in Unova about him being the elader of a criminal band and all (way to go Looker!).

Anyway, they have a crapton of nostalgia leaders so I'm glad they bring them back (Janine and Blue hell yeah!).

Back