• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Dark Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Is it just me or are not able to get off the mountain at the right side of the pic?:P
anyways the maps look quite good i think!

Yea I realized that only after the fact lol
route52.jpg

route52part2.jpg

I've added the southern part of route 52
I'm going to work on the forest and cave areas. May take me till the end of the day.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Well your game threads goes five pages and over 100 posts? Congratulations! I think it's quite meaningful for we game makers to get our games approved and accepted by others eventually, so keep it up and you'll get more supporters.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
A demo! sweet cant wait. how soon is soon?
1 week,2 weeks? I'm guessing maybe 3 weeks.

Is it just me or are not able to get off the mountain at the right side of the pic?:P
anyways the maps look quite good i think!
Thanks for the comment Pokémaker

Well your game threads goes five pages and over 100 posts? Congratulations! I think it's quite meaningful for we game makers to get our games approved and accepted by others eventually, so keep it up and you'll get more supporters.
So do I HOF I wish you luck in your game!

VerdantForest.jpg

Ok that took a little longer than I had hoped.
Very Good,but SDODC13 I think you should randomize the grass A bit more!

P.s:Thank God For Multi Quote! ^^

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Ok will do (was at the point where my brain died yesterday lol)

VerdantForest-3.jpg

VerdantForest-5.jpg

Which way do you like better?

Last edited:

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Can't wait to see it! ^^
So ehh... No updates today Sorry.
Yea I didnt realize how small the cave really was. lol some of the ladders dont match up between floors but its all good since even in the game it wasnt perfect lol
Enterence
PumiceCave1-1.jpg

floor b1 front
PumiceCave2.jpg

floor b1 back
PumiceCave3.jpg

Floor b2 (yea not too creative but its probably a good place for trainers. Plus its the first major cave)
PumiceCave4.jpg

floor 1 back
PumiceCave5-1.jpg

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Yea I didnt realize how small the cave really was. lol some of the ladders dont match up between floors but its all good since even in the game it wasnt perfect lol
Enterence
PumiceCave1-1.jpg

floor b1 front
PumiceCave2.jpg

floor b1 back
PumiceCave3.jpg

Floor b2 (yea not too creative but its probably a good place for trainers. Plus its the first major cave)
PumiceCave4.jpg

floor 1 back
PumiceCave5-1.jpg

Nice maps, but if it would be better if it hadn't that much rocks on the side, you get what i mean. in real pokemon games it's not like that too..!
So maybe you need to change that.. Not sure though cause if you like it who am I to say you need to change it ;)!
Otherwise the maps except for all the rocks on the side look good!
oh and p.s maybe add an extra floor to the outside cavern.. (but that's only for the last one:P)

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Nice maps, but if it would be better if it hadn't that much rocks on the side, you get what i mean. in real pokemon games it's not like that too..!
So maybe you need to change that.. Not sure though cause if you like it who am I to say you need to change it ;)!
Otherwise the maps except for all the rocks on the side look good!
oh and p.s maybe add an extra floor to the outside cavern.. (but that's only for the last one:P)
I'll look into the stone thing its just the tiles I'm working with are kinda weird and i can be a perfectionist when it comes to symmetry....As for the extra floor...I can try to but since it was a map over of seafoam I'm not sure if i could fit in another map acurately w/o the rom crashing. I likes to test the maps a bit to try and file out any kinks. But I'll surely look into it. Just got home though from vacation so I'm taking a bit of a break.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Redid some of the maps

Pumice Cave (Route 53)
Floor 1 Enterence
PumiceCave1-1.jpg

Floor B1 Front
PumiceCave2-1.jpg

Floor B1 Back
PumiceCave3-1.jpg

Floor B2
PumiceCave4-1.jpg

Floor 1 Back
PumiceCave5-2.jpg

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
You're welcome, everything to help the community you know!

Do you mean you're making a hack?!
I'm using a map editor. I dont really know how to use rpg maker so I use Advance map. but I like to try and test my maps a bit so i have it all strung together. so esentialy my hacking of the game is going to the benifit of this game's production. I make the maps and well he said he'd put them in. Anyway onto the crashing issue. I've tried to creat my own hack a long while back but I experienced problems when I tired to add extra stuff into the game that didnt exist. So i've learned to work with what I have. I'm still inexperienced at some things though so I could never make some things work like I would want such as using a different tile set or making the maps I edited from a different part of the game flow with the ones from the part they should connect to. Stupid stuff like that has kept me from actualy making my own hack. So instead I decided to help someone else with the skills I do have rather than the ones i dont. Make sense?

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
well i'm back from holidays and you'll see an exicting update soon, just post 3 times after this post and i'll show it to you...

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I'm using a map editor. I dont really know how to use rpg maker so I use Advance map. but I like to try and test my maps a bit so i have it all strung together. so esentialy my hacking of the game is going to the benifit of this game's production. I make the maps and well he said he'd put them in. Anyway onto the crashing issue. I've tried to creat my own hack a long while back but I experienced problems when I tired to add extra stuff into the game that didnt exist. So i've learned to work with what I have. I'm still inexperienced at some things though so I could never make some things work like I would want such as using a different tile set or making the maps I edited from a different part of the game flow with the ones from the part they should connect to. Stupid stuff like that has kept me from actualy making my own hack. So instead I decided to help someone else with the skills I do have rather than the ones i dont. Make sense?

Yeah that makes sense, I used to hack pkmn games myself..
and yeah I kinda had the same issue, so I downloaded rmxp, learned myself (!) how it worked (not scripting wise though :()..
And now with the fantastic sk of Poccil I'm able to make my own Pokemon game (Pokemon Eternity, a bit of advertising isn't bad, is it ?:P)

well i'm back from holidays and you'll see an exicting update soon, just post 3 times after this post and i'll show it to you...

So update time huh?
Nice, I'm looking forward to it..!
so post people !! :D

PoKéMaKeR

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
Need.. the.. update.
I'm just posting for the update, but I don't want do SPAM, so..

The game is looking awesome! The battle system is looking really cool
with the Platinum styled graphics. : DD I'm really looking forward to
play this game.

And.. Did you have a nice holiday? ^^

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Route53-1.jpg

Route 53 redone
Route54.jpg

Route 54

Still learning some things with am and finaly figured out how to change the connections. I've just had a slight problem with the allignment lol. I've been toying around though trying to fix any bugs that might have occured while I made the maps. I also recently updated my program so it should be easier on me. Anyway looking forward to the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back