• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
I think they are all new forms... because they are next to the new Mewtwo form. Well I guess this is game changing if every family line gets a new 'Mega' version. I hope they have better names than MegaBlaziken etc. though.

Also, that new Pokemon is just a small Raichu :(

blue

gucci
Years
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y. We're currently in the process of translating, with thanks to my good friend StreetsAhead, so keep checking back. Be warned as this is not 100% confirmed at this time. First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon.

Specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability

They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution"

Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg

We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

The Super Training facility is also showcased

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I love it. And if you think about it pokemon getting new forms will fit in the genetics theme if there is one .

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Well, it would explain Mewtwo's new form...

This doesn't seem right... Why would they give Blaziken a "Mega Evolution"?

blue

gucci
Years
Completely unexpected, I'm happy for Mawile getting a boost I suppose but this is not what I had in mind. On the other hand I do like the three new Pokémon revealed, they're kinda cute! With these Mega Pokémon looks like Mawile is Steel/Fairy and Absol is Dark/Flying which seems pretty reasonable, what I'm a little dumbfounded by is Blaziken... a starter getting an alternate forme/evolution? This really is a "scoop of the century" in an obscure way... Let's just hope this is only for a certain handful of Pokémon.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Actually, I would love this if they only evolve after the Pokemon achieves set objectives like be in the party for 5 hours play time and defeat 1000 Pokemon.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The mouse looks like a mini Raichu

How are you guys feeling about this?

I'm not a big fan of it, but it could be worse... This will take some getting used too.

If these are fake, then the faker must've had a lot of time on their hands.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I, actually feel pretty pumped, also, highly doubt these are fakes, the art definitely looks like Sugimori, and well, it's on serebii.

Also they look BOSS

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I really, really, really dislike this feature if it's true. I hope to god these are fake; if they are true why would they give Blaziken, who is a starter Pokemon, a new evolution/forme w/e? Dedenne looks like something from a the Pikachu line, too. I doubt they'd make a Pokemon look so much like the franchise mascot.

The only believable thing is Mawile being Steel/Fairy... And Gogoat's prevo.

SoloarAbusoru said:
I, actually feel pretty pumped, also, highly doubt these are fakes, the art definitely looks like Sugimori, and well, it's on serebii.

Also they look BOSS

Serebii said:
Be warned as this is not 100% confirmed at this time.

Just because they're on Serebii it doesn't mean they are confirmed.

blue

gucci
Years
I think I'd be more disappointed if it were Pokémon that didn't really appeal to me, however I really do like the Hoenn Pokemon and for Pokemon such as Mawile, Blaziken and Absol to get boosts it's kinda cool.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Pokémon X and Y is apparently giving me a Dragonball Z vibe with all of these "Mega" forms being revealed. Sadly, it looks like Sableye, Mawile's equivalent, isn't going to receive one (I blame the popularity of Prankster Sableye). Not only that, this also further proves that Zoroark was a failed attempt to achieve the same fame Lucario has received over the past years since Movie 8 by not getting getting a Mega forme itself.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
If you click this image of the three new Pokemon, above it you can see "MegaAbsol"'s feet. Sorry to say for those who think it is fake, but there is a chance it might be legitimate. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get used to this feature of "Mega Pokemon" since this will also affect competitive battling if they alter stats in any way noticeable.

Edit: But then again, the entire page could be fake, and not just the Mega Pokemon.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years

Also they look BOSS

Serebii does have this posted as well:
"
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

It says that it is not 100% confirmed at this time.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Scans are now updated, with a new Gym Leader who apparently holds the key to Mega Evolution and is also an in-line skater.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Pokémon X and Y is apparently giving me a Dragonball Z vibe with all of these "Mega" forms being revealed. Sadly, it looks like Sableye, Mawile's equivalent, isn't going to receive one (I blame the popularity of Prankster Sableye). Not only that, this also further proves that Zoroark was a failed attempt to achieve the same fame Lucario has received over the past years since Movie 8 by not getting getting a Mega forme itself.

If they are real, just because Sableye isn't there doesn't mean it won't get one. If the feature is real then there'll be a lot more Pokemon to receive a mega forme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back