• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Hack name:Pokemon darkbright(I would post the banner but i require more posts)XD

Hack of:Pokemon firered

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage:Like 1%

Your hacking skills:Novice,this does not have to do with hacking directly, but im a spriter

What help or skill you're looking for:Some help in mapping and scripting

Additional contact information:You can pm me here on this site.I check everything at least once a day,once i have the time that is.

Additional information: pLz hlp me!!^_^

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hack name: Undecided, but the working title is Pokemon ShadowAmethyst

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: Since FR/LG sucked, I'm properly remaking Kanto, with all the features from Emerald to make the Kanto game equal to the Hoenn games (such as the Battle Frontier and the Pokenav).

Finished percentage: Doesn't matter for what I need

Your hacking skills: Mapping, graphics

What help or skill you're looking for:
Look: All I need is help with some events at the beginning of the game. THAT'S ALL. I need a good scripter to help me with this small thing I'm having trouble with.

Wok

POKéMON CRIMSON VERSION
Years
POKéMON CRIMSON

Hello.

HACK OF: Fire Red or Ruby (English)
% Completed: 0. Not started yet.

Scripters: (Me) + 1-3 people
Mappers: 1-3 people
Spriters: 1-3 people

Contact me via: msn, or pm.
MSN-adress: [email protected]

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Hack name:pokemon Heko version

Hack of:ruby

Additional information about the hack:I just started

Finished percentage:1%-5%

Your hacking skills:mapping/wild pkmn changing/starter edit

What help or skill you're looking for:scripting(NEEDED)/map ow

Additional contact information:

Additional information:

cheerioscereal

Poke Writer
Years
Pokemon Old Ages (Let's Get Started xD)

Before posting I completely understand if you are tired of these promising looking rom hacks that end up being horrible. I hope this story will become a great game if we get a good team!

Hack name: Pokemon Old Ages
Hack of: Fire Red, but not 100% sure.
Additional information about the hack: Please refer to my scrap box post (Pokemon Old Ages, can't post URL's yet xD)
Finished percentage: So far none, I am looking for a team to help me out
Your hacking skills: I MIGHT do some mapping. Besides that, only storyline. I have enough free time that I can figure it out. 3-11 on weekdays and all the time otherwise (Unless I'm doing something like service hours, darn private school...) I have no life so I'm on all the time ^_^
1. Mapper
2. Scripter
3. Spriter
4. Someone that can edit sprites and maps, or palettes I guess.
5. If there's an important job I didn't mention, contact me. The more, the merrier!
Additional contact information: Skype:cheerios64, or PM me.
Additional information: I hope to have a good team. Feel free to pass me by if you are completely tired of all of these hacks. Please and Thank You!!

Last edited:
Years
Hacking Help?!

Hey I'm new to hacking and I was wondering if any of you could give me a hand on hacking, I have mapping perfectly I took to it instantly.
I have my own story for my game but I just want to know how to hack the music and if there are any other downloads I can, well, download, such as weather conditions and how to get tilesets to work better than they do. I can't open more than one tileset and if I do, what I have already made goes screwy with the other tileset.
I also want to know how to make my own map and change the starter pokemon and if I can change my charachter avatar or make pokemon appear in hometowns like they have in pokecentres.
I'm all a bit confused.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2011
Pokemon Clear Skies

Hack name: Clear Skies

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Will pay for assisstance

Finished percentage: 0

Your hacking skills: 0

What help or skill you're looking for: Maps/scripts and events

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: My girlfriend loves pokemon and I wanted to make a new one for her. Problem is I completely fail at hacking. I would like someone to help me put together a new game. I would be willing to pay for the help provided (based on map sizes and scripting difficulty). I know this is a bit uncommon, but any help is appreciated.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Eternal Sky

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Finished percentage: 5-10%

Your hacking skills: i can map, script and thats about it.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need someone to please make support banners and a title screen

Additional contact information: PM or [email protected]

Additional information: Please contact me if you are willing to help.

Mikirin

Sleepy Mistress of Insanity
Years
(15 post rule dissalowed links =X)

Hack name: Touhoumon: Luna's Version (Needs Name)

Hack of: Leafgreen

Additional information about the hack: Touhoumon hack, not just a sprite replacement. Storyline changes, music replacement, and everything goes on.

Finished percentage: 5-15%

Your hacking skills: Storyline, some spriting, Drawing, creating pokemon, dialauge changing, some sprite replacements, Map DESIGNING (not creating Dx).

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters, Programmers, map makers, and Music replacement.

Additional contact information: Youtube- mizloliluna

Additional information: Am I doing this right...? I'm starting a team up... Sorry, guys, I'm kind of new Dx Thank you, please dont kill me...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Hack name:
Code: Pokémon (tentative, but this will probably be the final title)

Hack of:
Pokémon Firered

Finished percentage:
Definitely less than 5%

Your hacking skills:
Scripting, music editing, Pokémon editing, title screen hacking, etc.

Mapping and spriting (overworld sprites only; for in-battle sprites I'm good)

Additional information:
I just began this hack; it's a crossover of Code: Lyoko and Pokémon. I already have most of the storyline down, but A-Map is confusing (won't work like I want it to) and Elite Map won't start up at all (some DLL error).

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
i dont see anyone helping anyone with there hacks

and there are too many request for help.

and (sorry for triple post) maybe making a hack group isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Shockerguts

<---Feather-Weight Champ....
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Hack name:Pokemon Peridot

Hack of:Leaf Green

Additional information about the hack: Devolping Storyline.

Finished percentage: 0-5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, some dialougue.

What help or skill you're looking for: Some mapping, scripting, Pallete Editing.

Additional contact information: Email: [email protected].

Additional information:

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
Name:Pokemon aero 42 brilliant green
Completion:3%
Additional info

Hack of:Emerald integrating Fire Red
My hacking skills:Good mapper and some 1 needed if u wanna teach me how to script and insert pokemon.
Help needed:
Scripter
Mapper:needed to make more progress better than me just in case of glitches in map
Overworld creators
Spriters:just in case for new pokemon now how to insert too.
Adittional info pm me first time posting.
Map Creators:for sevii islands and lots of other places
support banner creators

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon Fantasy VII (Name is Subject to Change)

Hack of: Pokemon Sapphire

Additional information about the hack: It is a hack that follows the story of the original Final Fantasy VII...I know thats a little odd, but it seemed like a good idea at the time, so I'm going with it ^^

Finished percentage: Approx. 5%

Your hacking skills: Spriting, Mapping, Mid-level scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Someone to help me with the sprites because there are far too many for me to do by myself, and an advanced scripter (I can make scripts, I know how, but they only work the way I want them to 50% of the time, so I apparently just can't spell right or something lol so I need help with that too...)

Additional contact information: I would prefer being contacted by email if at all possible: [email protected] otherwise a pm would work too

Additional information: If you feel like helping out on anything, even something I haven't listed as needing, because you like the idea, or just want to question my sanity for doing such a thing, feel free to ask ^^

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
Years
Hey pplz. I need:

• Someone to convert the Pokedex in my rom to a Sinnoh national dex
  • Someone to insert D/P/Pt graphics
  • A scripter
Even if your not interested, post a notice about my team in your signature. I need experienced users to help me. SPREAD THE WORD, PLZ PLZ PLZ!!

PM me if your interested.

TTFN,
-JJ

Name:Pokemon aero 42 brilliant green
Completion:3%
Additional info

Hack of:Emerald integrating Fire Red
My hacking skills:Good mapper and some 1 needed if u wanna teach me how to script and insert pokemon.
Help needed:
Scripter
Mapper:needed to make more progress better than me just in case of glitches in map
Overworld creators
Spriters:just in case for new pokemon now how to insert too.
Adittional info pm me first time posting.
Map Creators:for sevii islands and lots of other places
support banner creators
I can be your spriter. Send me a friend request, and PM me when you need a sprite. All i ask is that you put a notice in your signature like i said to, and that i get spriting credit. THX!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Hack name: pokemon REDs mission (may be changed)
Hack of:Firered

Additional information about the hack:Based on Red going back in time(may be changed)

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills:Map editing

What help or skill you're looking for:Spriter,scripter,graphic changer,Overworld creators

Additional contact information: PM me

Additional information:any help is very appreaciated

reecestevenson

Shadows
Years
Hack name: Pokemon: Legacy (Not official, may change later)

Hack of: Pokemon Fire red

Additional information about the hack: I want this hack to feel like an original pokemon game but not so much that it makes people think it has the same story as most pokemon games (battle gyms + stop an bad company doing bad things = Elite Four Champion) There will be gym battles still and the Elite Four challenge but they won't be the end of the game, there will be other things that need doing afterwards and during the story.

Finished percentage: 0% (I'm waiting for a spriter)

Your hacking skills: I can do very basic scripting, editing Text

1.A Advanced scripter
2.A few Spriters
3.Title screen editer
4.A Mapper
5.Two(2) Beta testers
6.OW Editer

Additional contact information: PM for Email/AIM/MSN (which ever works for you best)

Additional information: I will probably not include fakemon as most do look fake and not pokemon-ish but if someone wants to create a fakemon and puts really good effort into making it and make it look like a convincing pokemon I probably will add it. Also thankyou!

Last edited:

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
Years
Name: Pokemon Whitevoid
Completion: 3%
Additional info:
I've had a lot of experience doing a rom hack, but I messed up the tileset and deleted it. :(
Hack of: Fire Red
My hacking skills: Mapping, Some text editing, Mini-Sprite editing, Trainer Sprite editing.
Help needed: Hex editing, Tileset Editing, Titlescreen Editing, Text Editing (Text that isn't shown in or is written in hex in A-Text)
Contact info: warmonger22@hotmail .com

Last edited:

Makeshiftj

The Ninja
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon Mystery

Hack of Pokemon fire red

Finished percentage:2%

Your hacking skills:

What help or skill you're looking for: 1 scripter,spriter,mapper