• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DNS - Day, Night and Seasons

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
@M.L
Maybe the Maptype is 0. This Maptype is automaticly one of the exceptions and can't changed. But normaly you change the Maptype 0 to one of the others like a City, if you insert a new Map in your ROM...

@DuoRyan
I can, but it's easier and saver to do it like it is now, so you can't overwrite the DAN if you don't want it.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
haha im a bit of a noob :) yea that works thanx sorry

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
okay i am a total noob when it comes to rom hacking, and have been teaching myself as i go along. so i have a couple of questions( and please forgive me if these are answered elsewhere, i just havent been able to find them):

i realize your program just inserts the dns and thats it, but in advance map, there are drop down menus for compatibility with this system (its not there when i load other roms, but is there when i load my hacked rom.) how do i get these menus to work with the actual seasons and time of day? i go to a season, then start editing the wild pokemon that appear in the area, and when i save, it saves them for all seasons and times of day. how do i differentiate? do i need to redo my tilesets, or do i need to completely remake every map? does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
yes its a very nice tool that works fine, thanks for hard working on this ;) , but i have a question, can i chose more as the avaible Options as RGB?, actually the best result for Night its B, but Blue its to bright for the Night. i missed a darker feeling for the Nighttime can you help me with this?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
prime-dialga, can you make the DN system support R/S/E's internal clock instead (the non-constant updating of it can also be fixed)? If you can't, at least make the clock settable by R/S/E's clock-setting feature.
I can supply any information about Emerald's RTC and how it calculates everything.

Also, an error in version 2: the day-of-week byte is the second 0x00, and you have it incorrectly labeled as the first.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
i came across a palette change when you enter through the byte "64" arrow up or in any direction :/

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
I didn't planed a RSE RTC support because there are some other DAN-Systems with RSE RTC support and i like interdpts RTC more.
sry

Yes, there are some bugs when you enter a house or when the warp-arrow is shown. Also there is another bug in battles: sometimes the HP-Bar is "DANt" to. I'll try to fix thes bugs in the next tool version

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I didn't planed a RSE RTC support because there are some other DAN-Systems with RSE RTC support and i like interdpts RTC more.
sry
I know that there are others and that interdpth's RTC is used in them, but yours is the best and I would like to see native Emerald RTC support. If you won't support it as default in your program, could you at least make native RTC support an option you can select?

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
in both cases, i have to recode the DAN and the Seasons and i just don't have the time (i'm working on some other projekts too).

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
help how do u get the seasons and time to work!!! a have been try and i can`t find any thing!!!!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
EDIT: I figured out my problem.

For anyone who wants to know how to make a script that checks what Time (1-6) it is, here is how:

#dynamic 8000000
#org @start
comparefarbytetobyte 0x[RAM-Offset for Status Byte] 0x[Statusbyte (each one is put next to each time they go with)]
if 0x1 goto @itistime
release
end

You complete the script from there. It is a very simple script, and it will be quite helpful for many of you who haven't figured it out already.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Okay, I'm looking for some help over here. It seems like nobody uses the Season Editor casue they don't know how. Well I implemented it [with relative success] and will post a tutorial soon but I've run into an error. First off: The seasons don't chane in December. Idky. Secondly: At first everythign is fine, however during the winter when I enter a menu [Bag/Trainer Card/Pokedex etc] the palettes/tiles get all screwy until I enter a house/building. Any advice?
Snow1.png

This is what I mean. The left is what it's supposed to look like, the right is what it looks like after opening a menu or engaging in a wild battle.

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Can you send me a patch file (PM)? This would make it easier for me to find the bug.

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay, I'm looking for some help over here. It seems like nobody uses the Season Editor casue they don't know how. Well I implemented it [with relative success] and will post a tutorial soon but I've run into an error. First off: The seasons don't chane in December. Idky. Secondly: At first everythign is fine, however during the winter when I enter a menu [Bag/Trainer Card/Pokedex etc] the palettes/tiles get all screwy until I enter a house/building. Any advice?
Snow1.png

This is what I mean. The left is what it's supposed to look like, the right is what it looks like after opening a menu or engaging in a wild battle.

This is a similar problem to what I had. When it's Winter, it instead shows the tileset for Spring.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
hmmm Its nice but we rookies are having hard time understand what to do can you show me settings like for snowing time?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hey, I have a question regarding the day byte of your RTC. It says the third byte is the day of week, 0x0( or day of week). In mine, that byte is always zero. How can I check the day of the week then?

Back