• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, why is my tooth loose?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Have you ever had a tooth knocked out or loose?

I had my front teeth knocked loose (didn't fall out, thankfully!) from having a young child bash her head into my face. Was an accident, though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
No never, and I;m thankful for that. I pride myself in my teeth/ oral hygiene so I would be absolutely more than devastated if I ever got a tooth bumped loose or knocked out. :ccc.. *puts on mouthguard right now*

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Yep. My left incisor was knocked out in 9th grade when a dude shot me in the face with an extendable umbrella. It also chipped my left front tooth. The cap for the broken tooth has lasted the years, but the fake one broke off three years ago because it was shoddily done. It costs an insane amount to dig out the base of the old fake and do it the right way, so for now I'm living with part of a metal rod in my gums.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Aside from knocking those two teeth loose (mentioned in the original post), I've had many teeth knocked loose, but never lost any of them.

I do remember a family member trying to cut one of my teeth out when I was a kid. It was already loose and my orthodontist had threatened to rip it out if I didn't get rid of the darn thing. So she put something on it to numb the nerves before trying to cut the piece that was holding it to my mouth. Something went wrong and my mouth filled with blood.

I ended up standing on the front porch, spitting blood onto the sidewalk. That must've freaked out the neighbors later! X) On the upside, that tooth did come out a day or two later- the night before my orthodontist was going to take it out.

Years
I haven't had any teeth problems since getting my adult teeth, but when I was 4 I knocked one of my teeth through my bottom lip by hitting my face off a stool (I was 4 so I can't remember why I did that) and I have a scar below my lip from it. One of my earliest memories was just tons of blood coming from my mouth as my dad drove me to the hospital. Not good. :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
No never, and I;m thankful for that. I pride myself in my teeth/ oral hygiene so I would be absolutely more than devastated if I ever got a tooth bumped loose or knocked out. :ccc.. *puts on mouthguard right now*

I swear I like a lot of your posts! They're always so good and I tend to agree with you quite often.

Anyway, I'm so paranoid about this, omg. I chipped my front tooth when I was like eight and I've had to get it capped. I'm very careful with my teeth and I take good care of them, so I'd be devastated if something happened to them.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I have never had any teeth knocked loose, but my brother has after tripping over a snowshovel unto some stairs. He lost two teeth and had to go a year without the two teeth until the permanent teeth grew in.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I've never had a tooth knocked out or loose, but I've had... probably 25 cavities in my lifetime, 11 found last year. Oral hygiene wasn't a big thing in my family. It's better now, but I'd probably be in searing pain if my dad's work hadn't covered the filling cost - and even then, I had to pay 300$ out of pocket for the last two (no one bothered to mention that there was a yearly limit on the dental plan per person).

I twisted a tooth out when I was ten or so. The new molar is sideways now lol but all my teeth are straight and lined, and I've yet to get my wisdom teeth... I can feel'em though. We'll see how that goes.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Let me tell you a story

When I was 7 I decided to take my sock off with my teeth and actually pushed one out with the sock. part from that no nothing.

edit: oh look 2,000th post

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
None of my teeth were knocked off, but there were some times in my childhood when my teeth were loose; I pulled them out by myself or asked someone else to do it.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Like 3 off the top of my head. I lost my first tooth when I was 4 due to chasing my cousin and colliding with a toilet. The others I forgot how they got loose.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I never have had a tooth knocked out luckily. I had a dream that one of my teeth randomly fell out though -_-

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't remember having knocked any tooth loose before; they all fell out naturally, either by them getting stuck in food, or pulling them out myself. The thing was that my teeth fell out a little too early due to my parents feeding me fruit juices at night when I was sleeping so I wouldn't go hungry, causing my baby teeth to decay badly and eventually fall out.

Years
I still have all of my pearly whites, except for when I had my 3 (yes, only 3) wisdom teeth extracted. However, I hate it whenever I eat popcorn (or other similar foods) whenever the kernal gets stuck deep into your teeth, and you have to use floss to get it out or something.. One time a piece got stuck in my gums and after I got it out it still felt like it was up in the gums. :\

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've had 32 loose teeth. They wobble and fall out and then the tooth fairy comes and collects them and puts $2 under my pillow. If nobody has ever had a tooth loose then Jesus, there must be some freaky mouths with tiny teeth around the world.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I think so? Maybe. I have some vague memory of a tooth being knocked out some kind of... one of those indoor playground things. You know? With a ball pit and stuff. As a little kid at a birthday party or something.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I haven't. Well, sort of. Had my wisdom teeth out as lots of people do and I believe another permanent/adult tooth had to be removed in a dental procedure when I got braces at age 11 but that's not really a big deal because it was done in a professional setting.

Once I stood up from my computer chair and got really dizzy all of a sudden and hilariously faceplanted on the floor. One of my front teeth felt a little loose for a week or two after that but the dentist said it was fine and it went back to normal shortly after but it was kind of scary and weird for that first while. :( I'm very glad everything turned out fine though.
I've had 32 loose teeth. They wobble and fall out and then the tooth fairy comes and collects them and puts $2 under my pillow. If nobody has ever had a tooth loose then Jesus, there must be some freaky mouths with tiny teeth around the world.
:P I assume OP meant in your adult life, have you lost/loosened any permanent teeth. Baby teeth falling out shouldn't count.

Back