• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Necrum I don't mean to correct you but I am not in the ultimate challengers.

Edit: This REALLY sucks! I am at Cyrus right before you save the legendary trio and all three of his pokemon are super effective to mine! EVEN WORST! Guess what his team is when I get to the distortion world?

Honchcrow
Houndoom
Weavile
Crobat
and a Gyrados that knows ice fang... I'm scared O-O

Edit... 2

Badges 1/8 for emerald video soon

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Necrum I don't mean to correct you but I am not in the ultimate challengers.
Oh. That's weird. I put you in Single by mistake. I'm quite certain you've been there for a while too. I'll fix it. I probably just wasn't paying attention when I added you.

Years
Oh. That's weird. I put you in Single by mistake. I'm quite certain you've been there for a while too. I'll fix it. I probably just wasn't paying attention when I added you.

Well my platinum run was a single until i learned how to use a rom then i requested to be in the ultimate so that is why I was in single :P

The Doctor

What!?
Years
So here we go

Pokemon Red
Flying

• Named myself Adam, named Rival Connor
  • Picked Charmander since it evolves into Charizard, named him Vesuvius
  • Done all the stuff for the dex, got me some balls. Found a Pidgey on Route 1, caught her and called her Flutter.
  • Went to grind up in Viridian, caught a Caterpie and called him Denzel. Quickly leveled him into a Butterfree.
  • Begun to grind for Brock.
  • Ground them all to Level 15
  • Went to face off against Brock and....
  • I won, Denzel was the MVP of that match since his PoisonPowder and Confusion swept them both.
  • Switch out Flutter and Vesuvius so they could get a level each and Vesuvius evolved into Charmeleon :)
  • Saved and ended for today.

My Team:
    charmeleon-color.png
    Vesuvius the Charmeleon

pidgey-color.png
    Flutter the Pidgey

butterfree-color.png
    Denzel the Butterfree

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Can videos be avi type to upload them? Because I recorded my rom when I beat the first gym and now it says it will take 300 mins to upload O-O

You are not required by the rules to post a video, just so you know. But asking about uploading in here isn't the place. You are free to post a video of your challenge, however make sure it's embedded and placed in a spoiler. As much as I hate to say it though, I don't think anyone would watch it in here. It'd be better to just update normally like everyone else. But if you have more questions on uploading videos, it doesn't belong here.

Years
Sorry! heh heh Didn't think about where I was posting lol.

Btw

Badges 2/8 Emerald

Spoiler:

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Username: Callandor
Type: Dark
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Emerald

Can't wait to get this started, but sense it's 3 in the morning, i'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Last edited:

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
Okay, it's been a while but I've finally started the White portion of my Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge, here's my first update.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge: White

- Started up file, called myself Aokiji and chose Snivy for extra challange with Cheren
- Did the beginning crap and beat Chili earning me the
30px-Trio_Badge.png
Trio Badge

- Traded in a Cryogonal egg and hatched it (No special moves breed onto it) naming it Stasis
- Made my way to Nacrene city and easily defeated Lenora for the
30px-Basic_Badge.png
Basic Badge

- Did the Pinwheel Forest quest then crossed the Skyarrow Bridge
- Chased Team Plasma then had a pathetic battle with Burgh for the
30px-Insect_Badge.png
Insect Badge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now, Cryogonal has definitely proven that it can be awesome, Cheren's tepig? No problem!

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2013
Username: Paku123
Type: Bug
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR I, SS II, E III, P IV, B V

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
LeafGreen (Electric) (8/8)

So I defeated Giovanni and am training for the Elite four, I continuely defeat Lorelei but am completely unable to defeat the rest T_T.

I also have begun my HeartGold Electric challenge but have not obtained a mareep yet. (I got the first badge, and this time chose Cyntaquil as my starter so that my rival would have a water-type starter [since they are all pure types in their final evolutions]; and so that I would not have to face the Flying-typed first gym leader with a Grass type).

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Update 2

1. Started to grind my pokemons outside Pewter, evolved Flutter to a Pidgeotto.
  2. Decided on my final team, will be seen later.
  3. Went to the Magikarp Salesman and bought a Magikarp ( Gyarados is part Flying :) )
  4. Named Magikarp Fez, after my love of Doctor Who
  5. Caught a Zubat inside Mt. Moon
  6. Ground Magikarp to level 15 for tackle and went back outside and started to grind for a long time till he was up to level 20.
  7. Evolved him to the all powerful Gyarados, started working with Zubat.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Fire).

Update #3 on Black 2.
  • Explored the Strange House, then headed through Reversal Mountain with Bianca, where Inferno evolved into Lampent!
  • Defeated a bunch of trainers around Undella Town and on my way to Lacunosa Town.
  • Defeated Zinzolin there, and landed in Opelucid City.
  • After some Vitamin shopping, Legend reached L45 and learned Flare Blitz.
  • Time for my two stone evolutions! A Fire Stone evolved Legend into Arcanine and a Dusk Stone evolved Inferno into Chandelure!
  • Took on the Opelucid gym mainly with Legend's Outrage. Drayden went down to Legend and Blazin', who finished off Haxorus.
  • Team Plasma's hip showed up and froze the city, and I defeated Zinzolin again.
  • Made my way to Humilau City and trained a bit on Route 23 before taking on the gym.
  • Marlon was pretty tough and took a team effort, but we prevailed in the end.
  • I am now saved in Humilau City after getting the Colress Machine, and am about to hunt down Team Plasma's ship.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Ash:
637.gif

Mothra the Bashful Volcarona, ♀ - L48 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Signal Beam, Fire Blast, Giga Drain, Fly
126.gif

Magma the Bold Magmar, ♂ - L48 @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Lava Plume, Faint Attack, Clear Smog, Confuse Ray
609.gif

Inferno the Bold Chandelure, ♂ - L49 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Flame Burst, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp
555.gif

Smasher the Hasty Darmanitan, ♀ - L49 @ Wide Lens
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Fire Punch, Rock Slide, Flare Blitz, Zen Headbutt
500_2.gif

Blazin' the Bold Emboar, ♀ - L49 @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Flamethrower, Low Kick, ThunderPunch, Strength
059.gif

Legend the Naughty Arcanine, ♂ - L48 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Outrage, Flare Blitz, Crunch, Dig

HM Slaves:
298.gif

Azurill - Surf [boxed]

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
It has been a long time, but it's time to end this.
FINAL UPDATE FOR ELECTRIC MONOTYPE ON YELLOW: (Well, it's also the first anyway :D)

Spoiler:

Final Team:

Spoiler:

Flying is going good but well... it slooow.
Next up: Fighting!

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Emerald Flying Challenge Update:

Zubat Level 14: Astonish, Leech Life, Supersonic

Nincada Level 15: Fury Swipes, Leech Life, Sand Attack, Harden

Wingull Level 15: Wing Attack, Water Gun, Supersonic, Growl

Taillow Level 16: Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Growl

Beautifly Level 17: Absorb, Gust, Poison Sting, Stun Spore

Holy crap this has been sloooow. I just beat route 110 rival battle. Beautifly has actually been the hero in both gyms so far with poison sting in the clutch. (After two Taillow growls, it barely survived Rock Tomb and Guts enhanced Vital Throw) Every single battle has just been a marathon of 20 base power or so moves. The team will break out just in time to get replaced once the likes of Tropius, Xatu, Altaria, Gyarados become more readily available. Zubat has already fainted three times so I can probably forget about a Crobat.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I also have begun my HeartGold Electric challenge but have not obtained a mareep yet. (I got the first badge, and this time chose Cyntaquil as my starter so that my rival would have a water-type starter [since they are all pure types in their final evolutions]; and so that I would not have to face the Flying-typed first gym leader with a Grass type).
You actually could have caught Mareep before Falkner. In HG and SS there's a little patch of grass that you can catch Pokemon in before the guy who stops you from progressing.

I'm gonna be late on my update this week guys, lots of stuff going on, including rebooting my trade shop, and getting settled into my new home, so please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back