• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

What's your favorite type?

• Total voters

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
One type that hasn't been mentioned yet. The Ghost type.

I've yet to find a Ghost type whose design I disliked and most of them are very versatile in their play style and tactics. An immunity to Normal and Fighting type moves is incredibly useful and their only weaknesses come in the form of Dark and other Ghost types. A quick Ghost type can easily deal with others its type with a well placed Shadow Ball/other typed move, leaving Dark types as their only real weakness.

[Lucian]

KANTO Champion
Years
The Fire type, i don't really know why that's just the type that seens most fascinating to me for some reason, and i always pick the fire story.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
i voted for fire, water, grass, electric, ice, dragon, and steel... pokemons from those types appeal to me the most

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
My favorite types used to be Psychic and Electric, but with the introducing of Fairy types, I'm becoming more and more interested in them. They're surprisingly bulky and hit hard as well.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
It's a tossup between Poison and Dark, and Bug and Ghost round out my top four

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite type would have to be normal. It's got no major weaknesses, other than fighting. Fighting-types may be a bit common when it comes to battling, but most normal-types has got what it takes to overcome them. Normal-type Pokémon have an immunity over ghost as well. (: Of all normal-types, my favorite would have to be Blissey. Its defenses are extremely high, and its base HP stat equals to two fifty-five, which is just phenomenal! Blissey is one the best walls in the competitive scene. Regardless of how many Draco Meteors, Fire Blasts, Overheats, or Hyper Beams that you threw at it, this Pokémon would just refuse to be taken down. Not only does Blissey make a good wall, but it's also got a ton of moves in its arsenal that make it a great supporter. Few of its most useful moves are Toxic, Thunder Wave, Wish, Protect, and Aromatherapy. With Toxic, you're able to destroy the opponent's walls quite easily. Thunder Wave—this move would allow you to slow down any Pokémon that are too quick, such as Weavile. Thanks to Wish, you could recover any of your Pokémon's health at any given time. With Protect, you have the ability to stall your opponent for an additional turn. Finally, with the aid of Aromatherapy, you could restore your team's statuses in a blink of an eye.

My second favorite normal-type would have to be Chansey. It's almost the same as Blissey, but if you make it hold an Evolite, then it could be even more defensive. Chansey doesn't have the same amount of health as Blissey, though, which sucks. ): I also like Togekiss. It's got an ability known as Serene Grace, which it could take complete advantage of by using Air Slash. Air Slash has about ten- to twenty-percent chance of flinching your opponent, and Serene Grace raises that chance even higher.

Vairan

Hurr, Mah 3DS Is Blue
Years
I only saw Ghost mentioned once on the first page :(
Ain't no love for the Ghosts i guess. It's ok i'll always be there for them.
Imagine my surprise and joy when i found out my safari type is also Ghost.

My secondary favorite type would have to be the Fire type. I'm a pyromaniac at heart.

Ghost-Fire? I know 5th gen had a ghost-fire type but i didn't play 5th gen :(

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
I was really into Jackie Chan films around the same time Red and Blue came out, so I instantly latched onto the Fighters. But Psychic was my absolute favourite. Alakazam was just the coolest thing ever- and I was crushing hard on Sabrina.

But then again- ALL the Pokémon would be cool to a 9 year old kid. My favourites were (and still are) Machamp, Alakazam, Pinsir, Haunter, Kabutops, and Mewtwo. I thought the Poison types like Tentacruel, Venomoth, Muk, Beedrill, and Victreebel were the ****, too.

And then Gen 2 came along and OH MY GOD THE GIANT SNAKE IS MADE OF METAL.

Steel became my new favourite because of its insane resistances- but it was weak to Fighting, so Fighting got boosted number one in my books. Psychic having slowly been dethroned sometime in the process. As the generations wore on, Psychics seemed to be getting a little overused- and so it slipped a little.

As it stands-

-Fighting
-Ghost
-Steel
-Ice

I only saw Ghost mentioned once on the first page
3.%20frown.gif

Ain't no love for the Ghosts i guess. It's ok i'll always be there for them.
Imagine my surprise and joy when i found out my safari type is also Ghost.

My secondary favorite type would have to be the Fire type. I'm a pyromaniac at heart.

Ghost-Fire? I know 5th gen had a ghost-fire type but i didn't play 5th gen
3.%20frown.gif

Pity, Chandelure is a pretty awesome 'mon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
My favorite Pokemon are primarily Ghost and Fairy, but Poison and Ice are favored based on their awesome moves. Honestly, I think my ultimate favorite type right now is Fairy, I like the whole lunar aspect of it. But the others come in as a close second.

And these favorites change all the time for me. So who knows!

Itchy M3rcy

What's the plan Hitmonchan?
Years
My favorite is hands down fighting thanks to nostalgia of a super strong Hitmonchan I had in Pokemon red thanks to good old thunderpunch and a high attack

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Fire and Bug are my favorite types. Fire has so many great and good looking pokémon, they are my favorite starters and lots of nice attacks. Bugs have some of the best designs imo, like Scizor, Heracross, Butterfree, Scolipede.

Years
I can't just pick one favorite, as that'd be doing a disservice to all of the other great typings there are.

If I had to narrow it down to three, it would be Psychic, Ghost and Steel. Any time I play through the games, my party feels empty if I don't have one of these types represented (with my current Y playthrough including a Sigilyph and Lucario). It also seems a majority of my favorite Pokemon either are one of those types or make good use of the moves, which always helps.

damientheomen3

Muffintop, Esq.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
There's just something about the Steel type that I love. I also love Dark, Ghost and Fire. The only type I don't like is the Fairy type, but then I've never played X or Y so far.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
That would be Psychic, Dark & Steel.
I don't know why, but they seemed better and because my favorite
Pokemon is Bisharp and Gardevoir, so that's why I like these types.

Years
My fave type is, and always will be Water. It's mainly due to my "mascot" Pokemon being of that type plus I love how versatile they can be with performing various roles on the team.

I have a fair share of types I love, Psychic, Electric, Normal, Grass, Fire and Ghost have a fair share of Pokemon I love. Even the Fairy-types have been winning me over, due to the cuteness and the diversity in their designs, more than I would have thought.

Back