• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tricks of the Trade

Years
Smeargle FTW,i use its speed to outrun the target and spore to make my target sleep quite easy,then false swipe and timer ball,that wa the first tricks i ever did :p Now i stick to rng :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I go to route 1 and catch what evers there :P
(i hate having totake my time winning those gyms) :P

Kenzi

Did I just wake up in Narnia?
Years
I never leave for any kind of RNG without my Chatots. I usually always have at least 1 in my party.

Years
When I'm going out hatching It's always back and forth in front of the day care in Emerald and white with my Flame Body Chandelure and my Gallade (Just in case a roamer appears so I can mean look, Hypnosis and then False Swipe the crap out of it).
If I'm catching I'll have either Chandelure or Milotic (depends on the area) something with Exp. Share and Gallade.
Oh and Tropius (Cut, Fly, Flash and Strength (HM slaves are so handy)).

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2012
i always have evolution stones in my bag and, i just now have two level 1 zoura's i never take them out and they're not tough but if i see a dexoys somehow i can just trade with them

i always have evolution stones in my bag and, i just now have two level 1 zoura's i never take them out and they're not tough but if i see a dexoys somehow i can just trade with them

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
My team for RNGing in W and W2 is 2 Chatots, Volcarona, and Bellossom. I RNG'd them too just for that purpose. xD If it's for a capture, I also bring along the Gallade that I traded Mia for as a Ralts. :D Gallade is my False Swiper, Volcarona is my Flier/Flame Body, and Bellossom is my Sweet Scenter. I also got really bored one day and caught flawless Dittos for every nature to use when breeding. I'm sure there's more stuff I do but I can't think of any others atm lol

Reactions: EB

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I do RNG breeding usually, so I always have two Chatots, a Foongus (random) and a Volcarona in my party. I also try to keep at least two open spaces.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Sorry im very new to this so this is all interesting...

1 question..why does everyone have 2 chatots in their group what do they do for you?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Bumping this topic ;D

With X&Y what I do now has changed from before. I transferred my Volcarona to use for Fly and Flame Body to my X and I use that now for everything. I also have a male and female Sylveon with Cute Charm that I use when catching stuff. Cute charm makes it easier to find opposite gender mons and Sylveon learns Skill Swap so I can check for abilities with it too. :D

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
For X & Y, my Talonflame is always in my party unless I'm training a new party. It has Flame Body, Fly, it's a high level; it's very useful. ^^ (I just don't use it for competitive battling but I don't care, really)

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
We me I like to ride around old towns to test out my new traded pokemon try to evolve it only on my bike, that may seem weird but that's me lol

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
For RNGing on White I used to roll with 2 Chatots named Mozart, my Volcarona that I borrowed from my Ingame B2 team and a smeargle that I bred all the way from Emerald (specifically to identify and catch a Max Speed +nature Mewtwo in FR) that knew Sweet Scent, Soak, False Swipe and Spore. That way there's 2 open spaces to catch parents and put them in the day care asap.

On Y, I simply roll with my ingame talonflame. He's all I need <3 When it's time to go and catch parents then i head over to the friend safari or where ever with the Smeargle from White and a Gyarados for Surf/Strength/Waterfall purposes.

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
Years
I always bring my shiny gardevoir along when shiny hunting. IDK why, maybe hoping she'll bring luck?

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
Years
I always bring my Volcarona from Gen V whenever I'm breeding/hunting/catching/flying, and I normally bring my Gallade which I use for catching, it has Thief, False Swipe, Hypnosis and Protect which I may switch out for a higher PP move instead of only ever using Thief. Also, I try and bring my two Pickup Gourgeist for a)items and b)luck as Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist are my favourite Pokemon, so I hope they bring me luck :3 I know, I'm boring... Also, I bring my Vileplume (<3) for Sweet Scent and my Greninja for Surf for Horde Battles, Lvl.100 Greninja with STAB Surf wrecks those Wingull, Gulpin and Bellsprout >:D

Back