• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid people, thinking everyone uses Ruby...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Too bad with STAB+Rain Dance+Hydro Pump/Surf/Water Spout it'll take out the Imprison Pok?mon with one shot. =/

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
the pokemon that can learn Imprison+calm mind with the highest sp.def is Gardevoir, but it still won't last against STAB+Rain Dance+Surf. Plus if then you're pretty much sacrificing a Pokemon just to kill off one specific Pokemon? then you pretty much lost one Pokemon if the opponent doesn't have a Kyogre.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
and so does a lot of others... ppl ban legendaries (or just 1 legendary per team) and the pseudo-legends- Blocklax and friends.

Its strange to see that Kyogre is so darn powerful, while Groudon on the other hand is much easier to defeat. A friendly barrage of ice beams from Regiice is all it needs... or from Milotic and any other ice beam blasters.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
:-/... They should make Groudon stronger. It's unfair to see that Kyogre is too strong.. But, when I battle it, I try to kill it on the first try by using Raichu's Thunder, and then the HP of Kyogre goes to small red, Then Kyogre attack Raichu and then... Raichu Fainted... Darn.. :(

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
I dont like Groudon , It sounds like a Food , I dont like Kyorge's American Name either , I liek to Use Kaiorga .... Anywayz , Kaiorga can learn more attacks , well kinda but it also can withstand thunder and grass attacks , even if its weak against them , Groudon , i can say the same but if you blizzard it or surf it , itll die ^^

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Kyogre is a cheap shot pokemon. I perfer strategies over legendaries. :P

Strategies and Movesets > Kyogre...

Strategies and good Movesets can beat Kyogre in 2 or more turns. :P

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
but the problem is that a fully calm minded Kyogre is near the edge of being unstoppable... even with Blissey who may survive a surf at red with a bit of luck...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
That's sort of off-topic advertising of your website, try to refrain from that. Post it up in Webmasters if you haven't already.

Lucretia_fly

~Pok?mon Breeder~
Years
Fostweaver: what is a Blocklax ? I've never met one! (I'm playing the European versions btw)

As to whether Ruby or Sapphire is better, or more popular or whatever, I think that it got promoted as "Ruby and Sapphire" and just gets shortened to "Ruby" in reviews and stuff... in a basic walkthrough, not including the ruby or sapphire only Pok?mon, the two gamesa re pretty much similar.
I personally play Ruby mostly, but that is because I love the Torchic and Blaziken and thought you only got them in Ruby or something . . . . . . . I just generally like fire Pok?mon.

I'm not joining the debate on how to beat a Kyogre because my highest level is a Lv 80 Blaiken, who can take out my boyfriend's Kyogre, but only because his is like Lv 40/50 still!

Back