• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Do you make an effort to make your prose/work sound flowery and intellectual, do you dumb it down, or do you simply write whichever way comes natural to you?

Given that the question has evolved somewhat, I will re-answer it.

I treat fanfiction like a playground. It's one of my few artistic outlets, so I have a natural tendency to wax eloquent with all of the creative energy I have pent up. It's fun for me to find new words, try new sentence structures, and generally be creative with my writing. I have pulled in the reigns with things like scientific terms, but that's more because even I would be bored out of my mind with an overly-abundant use of that type of stuff.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
To expound on what Mizan said, in case you don't know what an OT fic is, what exactly do you mean by "trying to use a trainer"? If you're writing a work of fanfiction and are struggling to incorporate a certain trainer into your work, or are struggling to develop your own trainer, you need to clarify this.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Do you make an effort to make your prose/work sound flowery and intellectual, do you dumb it down, or do you simply write whichever way comes natural to you?

Like I said in the last question, I don't make any attempt to cloak my writing unless I say 'had' three times in a row or have grammar/spelling errors or something. Apparently, this results in more humor in the story than originally intended, which I am just fine with. I can write serious on occasion, but I need to listen to depressing songs on loop for a few hours and have my grandmother hospitalized for a week because of a gall stone (spluttercoughwhichishappeningrightnowcoughwheeze) for me to be so depressed for that to be the result.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
How's about a new topic since we've kinda beaten this last one to death with rewrites and trying to figure out what it means?

Okay, so. Because I recently did this cute little meme on LJ and because I'd like to shamelessly pimp that one thread further down this forum, I'm taking the concepts and modifying them to create this:

Name currently active members of the FFL (as many as you'd like). Okay, now what would you most like to see them write? (Name as many ideas as you'd like, keeping in mind the writer's usual style/past works/whatever.)

The people named are free to ignore your answer, to be amused by it, to answer it, or to run with it like Forrest Gump on speed. Have fun.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Name currently active members of the FFL (as many as you'd like). Okay, now what would you most like to see them write? (Name as many ideas as you'd like, keeping in mind the writer's usual style/past works/whatever.)

wtfhloser - Just write down whatever comes to mind, it should be amusing.

txty - GitS crossover, please!

Asty - I'd like to see Ender use Dr. Device on the Sinnoh region, under the impression that he was just playing on his DS.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Since I'm currently "wtf-ing" over a post in this thread, I'll ignore it here, and move on.

Asty - I'd like to see Ender use Dr. Device on the Sinnoh region, under the impression that he was just playing on his DS.
Will do. Just remember that with pretty much all of my Enderverse fics, an original character is going to make an appearance. He just won't go away. Which is what happens when he's attached to the main character physically. Badumpsh!*

As for my answer to the bold topic: I still think someone should write the sequel to the only fic of theirs that I reviewed.

Last edited:

Bay

Years

Let's see...

icomeanon6: Sequel to your parody fic. :P

Valentine: that one Chosen Fic plot bunny you posted on your LJ a while ago (the one with the guy wearing purple...something XD)

Astinus: Do a one shot with the other two legendary beasts being interviewed like how you did with Raikou :P

And because I want to see what people can come up for me, keep in mind I write mostly comedy and suspense. ;)

(I'll edit this post if I can think more :P)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
How long have I been gone?? Fortunately for me I have an excuse :classic:

I just PM'ed Asty about the bold topics index thing and included a sample. It seems to me that Astinus likes it enough to give me a go, so if I am lucky and correct some small mistakes, the bold topics index, at least the first half of 2009, will soon be a reality.

(Yes, the "Lounge Crazy Moments" will be there too, I have to just pick'em well...)

Then again, I have been away of the Lounge since the... discussion back there. More focused on Serebii now (*is hit by a brick*) but I think I'm back for the time being.

Also, on the current bolded topics.

Do you prefer to write in a serious and somewhat archaic tone or, do you write in a humourous, somewhat modern manner that children can understand without much difficulty.
Serious, whenever I can: I can't write "humorous".

My prose, it sounds intellectual, yet I make no effort towards it... unfortunately. It's one of these writing deficiencies I have to try to solve, I have to struggle to simplify (not "dumb down", which is another thing) my writing. EVen here it seems I'm still not crazy enough after almost one year of FFL'ing... Oh I hope I soon learn to write fairy tales...

The concept of "currently active members" sounds to me like "Lounge regulars": smething that scares me...

Oooohh nice.

Aurincha: more Secret People!!!! *is hit by Thor's mace*

Feign: I would like to see your PokéZombies work continuing... it was very interesting to read.

Giratina of Never-Turn-Back: a Lugia or Ho-oh (or Lugia+Ho-oh) one-shot in the same narrative style as Indebted, but of course plot at your own discretion.

icomeanon6: a short story, parody or "humorous" in nature, making fun of a Generation I or II glitch. Any of them... just for the lulz.

txteclipse: a short Pokémon/MegaMan Zero style story like what was done with R-9WM.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I was going to do a one-shot about that in celebration of Soul Silver anyway. :3 But yay, I get to use my self insert Giratina more!

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Kekeke I think I might try for another disaster someday, though I did leave my current Zombie fic open...

Valentine: I'd like to see something absurdly funny, so funny in fact I'd be coughing up my drink on the computer monitor. XD :P

Asti: A one shot of a romantic get-away between two Pokemon trainers on a beach (just because I thought of it just now).

Solvino: A poem on 'what if Aristotle had a pokemon' (to go along with the Shakespeare one I made)

Bay: Use of the following prompts in a fic or one shot or poem: Bartender, math equation, Tubular Bells, Mew-Two, and a Poetic Death scene.

Citrinin: A parody about a psychotic inmate, jailed for experimenting on pokemon.

Giratina of Never-turn back: Hmmm well because you are still sort of new here, or rather I don't know you as well, I'd recommend a one shot of a fic that starts off with a funeral that goes wrong (everything from the coffin falling out of the car, to an assasination attempt at said funeral.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
[moans] I just got such a totally awesome scene in my mind for poetic death scene... I can't put anything else in this post because I answered the question at hand. |C Oh well, back to cursing Fog and kicking tail with my Rotom.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Feign said:
A parody about a psychotic inmate, jailed for experimenting on pokemon.
I'm intrigued by this challenge. But I don't get the "parody" component - namely, what original work would I be mocking? :s

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I'm intrigued by this challenge. But I don't get the "parody" component - namely, what original work would I be mocking? :s

A parody of psychological thrillers of course ;)

And to legitimize it, bring in some Pokemon. XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I got one.

Citrinin: Do a one-shot about a plucky young Trainer who got a Charmander from Professor Oak and goes out to Route 1 to be the greatest Pokémon trainer ever... and have his hopes promptly shot down and killed in whatever way you can imagine.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Before the ellipsis, when I was reading that, I was thinking to myself, "perhaps you're thinking of the wrong person~" Then I finished reading the challenge. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back