• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proof that a Pokemon MMORPG does exist

Years
Ok I have finally found a working pokemon MMORPG.. And we all know how skeptical everyone gets when people claim these types of things, but I know it works because I downloaded it and played it..
Alright everyone, it isn't much to show but at least it's pokemon and it's online. Everything that's included in the game is a few people and the first town. They have talked about a day/night system in it but I didn't see it for myself yet.. A small pokemon battle sys is included with the first release, it isn't very much to show.. You only get to battle a NPC with some pre-chosen pokemon. Still, it does have online support and multiple players can play (don't know what it's like yet.. :().. Apparently there is a chat option but I can't figure out how to get up the chat window..
All in all, I think that this project will become really popular upon more-advanced releases.. Make up your own mind on the subject, here is the forum where you can download it and see what everyone had been saying about it: http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=66213

Also while browsing that site, I managed to stumble across an online pokemon battle simulator (more advanced than the one in the MMORPG and you can use it with other online poeple I assume) I am still downloading it, the server seems fairly unstable.. I tried to download it at least 5 times before it started working properly instead of just finishing with only 125kb.. This file is about 5 MB and here is the site: http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/index.htm
EDIT: Ok I downloaded it and man it is really hard to play. Everyone I played completely destroyed my pokemon. It has pretty good music and graphics..

Well I hope you all have a good time with the things.. :D

Last edited:
Years
I'm playing it right now, seems pretty cool, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's made in GMSock Lite which kinda ruins it.

The chat system is a bit weird, it takes up the whole screen, so you can't do anything while talking

Years
I'm playing it right now, seems pretty cool, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's made in GMSock Lite which kinda ruins it.

The chat system is a bit weird, it takes up the whole screen, so you can't do anything while talking
You just have to go and talk to another person on the net to start chatting apparently.. I don't know what GMSock lite is.. I didn't know you knew about all this stuff with GM..

Last edited:
Years
To chat you have to press spacebar (it works when I walk then press spacebar, a window should pop up and you can chat)

I use GM sometimes.. I've even made a little game in it

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Ok...it lagged my computer and I have a pretty good one. I don't think this game will continue either cause of making it in GM. GM shouldn't be used for MMORPGS anyways. If he does complete the game it will be a huge file. From my experince in GM before I don't think it will be done for a long time.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Neo-Dragon said:
i like it.
noone online when i was on- jus in game charatcers
Yea doesn't seem like many people will be on at all.

NiNGi

Banned
Years
gh! i was playing the pokemon battle game and i got kicked by everyopne! -_-'

I dont really like it... people used pokemon which had always moves like earthquake... unnatural moves for pokemon because you can just decide which move to put em...
gah! I wish there was a REAL pokemon battle game online -_-'

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Hey where is the latest version? I've been looking for a while...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I was playing for an hour and the program starts making errors
occur on my computer. Quite fun to play though. Shouldn't this
go in the 'other games' section though? This thread's kinda in the middle
of the two forums.

Years
It belongs under Game Developement, as it's being made in Game Maker, which is a free and easy to use program for making games

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
free and easy to use program for making games

Not free you have to register to get more functions and it depends what kind of game your making for it to be easy. Pok?mon games actually can be a bit hard in it.

Years
Actually the maker is free, and the extra functions you pay for doesn't really do that much for games you make.

Years
Actually the maker is free, and the extra functions you pay for doesn't really do that much for games you make.
Well it all depends which type of game you want to make.. If you want things which use a particle sys and have online capabilities then you will want to register.. I, myself have V5.3A and 6 both registered..

Back