• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
POKéMON SD
Plot:

You are a new Pokémon trainer in the Hokkaido region. You receive news from your mom that Professor Oak, Professor Elm, Professor Birch, and Professor Rowen (Rowen could not make it so Greg took his spot) where at the local library, so you've gone to see them. You soon find out that there's a Pokémon league so you decide to take a starter Pokémon and begin your journey. But things aren't always that simple, A team of Pokémon thieves by the name "Team Trooper", has a sinister plan to capture every Pokémon and use them for test subjects. it's up to you to stop them an find out what is there master plan. Will you be the one to save all the Pokémon in the Hokkaido Region and beat the Pokémon league?

Characters (So Far):
Barry: Male hero (Name could be changed)
Amy: Female hero (Name could be changed)
Professor Oak: Pokémon Professor
Professor Elm:
Pokémon Professor
Professor Birch:
Pokémon Professor
Greg: Filling in for Professor Rowen
Maker:
RPG Maker XP with Peter O.'s Pokémon Starter Kit

Screen shots:

More Screen shots coming soon.

EXTRA INFO:
You may choose between any starter from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnho
Battle through a brand new region
Face the terrible Team Trooper
Enjoy an exiting new story
Use "Mystery Gift" to get rare items and Pokémon
5th Gen Pokémon Graphics and Pokédex

If anyone would be interested in being a trainer in the game's Battle Tower, please PM me with your trainers name and Pokémon (The Pokémon can't be legendary nor above Level 90)

Last edited:
Years
The plot sounds boring, and the screenie with the house looks really empty, and you haven,t really changed anything in Poccils Kit, you just used Bill,s sprite

Rise

「Rise Director」
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
I agree with toma.
It's not even a story at all.
More like a cliff note, flat, unoriginal, etc.

If you want people to be interested in your game you need a story first and foremost. Not just a "Oh Pokemon League, lets go!"
As for the screens, I'm fairly certain you've never done this.

So first, develop a story. Anything works, it can always be altered or branched later.
Once you have a story down work on learning about your engine, in this case RPGMXP.
You need to have a good understanding of Ruby GSS, and then get a good handle on spriting, or someone who does.
Graphics make a game, even though this is a fan game and it normally doesnt count, you'll get more attention and a wider following with originality and difference from those who simply get the starter kit and base solely around it.

I'll keep an eye on the topic and see how it goes. If you have questions we're here to help.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
I've just started this not to long ago, and i don't want to give away to much of the story. and for the screen shots, i know i haven't changed much, but once i get farther in development, you'll see that it gets more interesting.

Rise

「Rise Director」
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
Haha thank you Toma for the follow up.

Trigger how can you give away too much when you haven't given us a story at all?
To give away a small bit never hurts anything.
If anything it entices people to want more, like a teaser.
Try working on giving out something, anything at all for the readers, and see if they catch interest for the moment.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Thanks for the advice. this is my first thread for any of my game projects. and toma, i'll try out the sinnoh tiles that came with the 4th gen pack i got when i started this game.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Hey everyone, just to let everybody know that some updates have been made and some more screen shots will be released soon. sorry if it's been a while, but the wait is worth it.

NatureKeeper

By any chance, you do recognize that Hokkaido is the region in Japan Sinnoh's based on?

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
no, unfortunitly i did not realize that, if you would like me to change the name, post a reply suggesting a new name.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back