• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Forsaken looks interesting... I think I'd rather play as an angel than a human though.
There's going to be perks for both sides as we head forward in the story.

I think I might be the first one to try this idea, pairing players to sign up.

I'm busy at coding up the OOC as we speak!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I have a couple of questions for everyone. Do you come up with many RP ideas? How do you decide which RPs to do and when? and how do you deal with your ideas if you have a lot of them.

I come up with so many ideas all the time . . . 99% of them never get turned into roleplays. I've GMed three roleplays and co-GMed one, and the one where I co-GMed was a remake of another person's roleplay.

I usually select the ideas that I like the most and work on them, storing the others away for later or perhaps merging them into the story of one of the roleplays that I'm working on. I'm primarily working on one right now, I have another one at a close second, and then I have a bunch of random papers in my school agenda with many other ideas on them, lol.

I'm probably not the greatest GM, though, so I don't make roleplays very often. Then again, I haven't been a very active roleplayer lately, so GMing seems the easier path to take, lol.

_

@WolfOfEve - I don't think that you're the first, but it's certainly not done very often.
And, by the way, if you keep giving these mysterious teasers and cool looking pictures, and then your roleplay bombs, I'm going to have to execute you. Just saying~! d;

_

Aaaaand, I'm smashing out the final details of Olyssian Daemons, as well as reworking a few others. Hopefully it doesn't lead me into revising the whole roleplay, but I guess we'll see when it comes down to it, lol.

One things I'm working on is the use of pokémon types. I'm not sure if I want to use them, or assign the moves as "spells" or something of the sort, lol.

I'm also considering using a group of NPC characters that I remember thinking of for a previous idea of mine. Certain Sages that embody human . . . um . . . everything, lol. Destiny, Hope, Will, Comfort, Faith, et cetera.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ WolfofEve, nope you're not the first person to pair people up in RPing. But to be fair, it is difficult to be the first person to do something in forum RPing these days ^^

Khawill

<3
Years
Hey! My last (and only RP) attempted to do that. I just didn't get enough people to join, he is definitely not the first to do it. Simply the first to do it with codes and fancy picture shenanigans

*Edit http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=288666 This is the opening post for my RP, it died a few months ago, but I had to change the partner rule because there were not enough people signing up.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@WolfOfEve - I don't think that you're the first, but it's certainly not done very often.
And, by the way, if you keep giving these mysterious teasers and cool looking pictures, and then your roleplay bombs, I'm going to have to execute you. Just saying~! d;
Yeah, I felt stupid after posting that; but it's at least fair to say it's fairly uncommon.

Anyways, The pairings are very directly tied to the story.

@ WolfofEve, nope you're not the first person to pair people up in RPing. But to be fair, it is difficult to be the first person to do something in forum RPing these days ^^
You're telling me. Originality is so hard to achieve when people already invented everything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think I might be the first one to try this idea, pairing players to sign up.
haha yeah, not the first. there's been a few TWEWY roleplays which have paired players together pre sign-up. who remembers humanes famileriesesdsdsdasda (sp?)? i liked that idea, too bad it was short lived. ):

humaneas familares... humeanes famailers... huemaes faemilears... maybe i should just look it up...

Humanum Familiares!! Yeah! Wow, September 2011! That was a long time ago...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, anyways, I just finished the OOC post (Holy Almighty, that took the entire day!) and sent it off. In the mean time, I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

An original story; a grueling journey of teamwork,
protection, guardianship, mystery,
discovery, and rebellion.

Nakuzami

Years
haha yeah, not the first. there's been a few TWEWY roleplays which have paired players together pre sign-up. who remembers humanes famileriesesdsdsdasda (sp?)? i liked that idea, too bad it was short lived. ):

humaneas familares... humeanes famailers... huemaes faemilears... maybe i should just look it up...

Wow, you had to fight for that one.

Y'know, when you said TWEWY roleplays, I thought you were going to refer to your own. >.>; Or was that a subtle way of doing so? xD
That utilized partnerships.
I was with Shawn.
It didn't last very long.
BUT THAT VIDEO AND YOUR ACCENT.
Aaaaah, good times.
dx

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, anyways, I just finished the OOC post (Holy Almighty, that took the entire day!) and sent it off. In the mean time, I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.
I'd like to suggest you let people ask questions about that specific RP in the OOC or when it comes up instead, as this thread is not specifically for your RP. If people really have questions, I'm sure they'll come to you in VM/PM until the thread comes up. People usually do that for my RPs, at least.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Question!
Can it fight in a Manilla Envelope?
I... Wh-what. What. WHAT. WHAT!?

I'd like to suggest you let people ask questions about that specific RP in the OOC or when it comes up instead, as this thread is not specifically for your RP. If people really have questions, I'm sure they'll come to you in VM/PM until the thread comes up. People usually do that for my RPs, at least.
Eh, okay.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'd just like to apologize to whomever it might concern if I'm not uber active over this coming month. I'll be rather busy at uni and stuff. But I'll still log in now and then and try to keep up with the RPs I'm GMing or playing in!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Ha, I remember that one. Good times.

Too bad Aura Rift disappeared after that.

Nakuzami

Years
Ha, I remember that one. Good times.

Too bad Aura Rift disappeared after that.

NO!
YOU'RE DEAD!
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO POST HERE!

Aaaaand I guess I've kind of postponed working on my roleplay due to the fact that I bought a PS3 on Monday. I'll still work on it, of course, but . . . um . . . I'm not sure when I'll be able to post a not-crappy preview of it, lol. (<- Couldn't let the post stay spam, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back