• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
9 more posts cool!!! Well I love it if I can help I will (if you're taking help)

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Come on guys do you want this demo or not, well I do . Anyways this game came along since I laid my eyes on it and I plan on enjoying the demo for it.

8 MORE POSTS YAY

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I guess this could be classed as spam and I don't normally post to help with post goals, but I want the demo too god damn it lol!
Come on people. Show your support for this game.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
I like th backstory i really do and i never really liked pokemon contests too because they were also boring you just pick a move and you just watch them so that it got really boring for me and yes were almost there show some support people

Waudby

Guys (and girls) the demo will be released after the 300th post, or as close to as I can possibly get to it.

Something that would speed up the process would be if people could get me D/P NPC sprites in rm2k3 format, as I still have to add in all the NPC's to fill ou tthe game

The demo storyline is finished now, I'm now adding some finishing touches to it though.

There battle system has a few kinks that I want to iron out first as well.

But I do have a suprise for people after the 270th post.

Years
I liked the back story, it is much deeper than many of the other stories in games. I cant remember if I read this or not... but during your adventure will the Pokemon you capture be used to help repopulate the region, or will there be another method of "capturing" them? Will the story reveal what happened to both the stone and the shard of the stone? Thats all I have for now, good luck getting this completed.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Guys (and girls) the demo will be released after the 300th post, or as close to as I can possibly get to it.

Something that would speed up the process would be if people could get me D/P NPC sprites in rm2k3 format, as I still have to add in all the NPC's to fill ou tthe game

The demo storyline is finished now, I'm now adding some finishing touches to it though.

There battle system has a few kinks that I want to iron out first as well.

But I do have a suprise for people after the 270th post.

Oh My God, how long to we have to wait,this just sucks.

So now we need to get to 300, thats gonna take forever.

And if you want resources so badly then got to:

http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=0&lang=en&area=2&offset=3&howmany=10&fsearch=pokemon

and look around.

Last edited:

Waudby

I've always stated the demo would be released at the 300th post, it was a realistic target I set myself.

Initially it was 200, but I got carried away with mapping and features, so over all it benefits you to wait :P

Since people are complaining about the wait, maybe a screenshot will cheer people up.

This was going to be the suprise at the 270th post but I thought I'd be nice since I'm making you wait for the demo.

Update.

screenshot200806191602030342.png

That's right, it's back. I have spent today coding the major part of the Bug Catching Contest. It will take place every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday just like in G/S/C.

I've had fun creating this little added bonus. I hope it keeps people happy.
Would people like me to add Pinsir and Scyther for all time values?

I can also say that the formula for calculating the winner is pretty close to that of the old version.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
OK that was alright for and update but 1! screen shot omg.

lol, jkjk

I love it, I guess I was being sour before but now i'm A OK.

Please everybody support this thread.

Waudby

screenshot200806191708050201.png

Since there was a small complaint of the number of screenshots, here's something else I'm now working on. Still a work in progress, but atleast you know I'm not being lazy.

screenshot200806191723140702.png

Aren't you guys lucky, I have another screenshot for you.
Comments and crits please :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey, kool update! ^^
Why does that building have those black and red squares?
Didn't insert the right building yet?

Waudby

No, Bill's PC will be used for pokemon storage, I only just released that the screens look liek they follow on but they dont.

NOTE: the second new screenshot is after selecting the Bill's PC option.

Waudby

She has not yet been inserted in. The system for healing is set up. However i just haven't put here sprite in place.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah crap, lately when I post, I get errors and my post doesn't save. I wrote a nice comment a minute ago.... lol.

Anyways,
I'm a huge fan of this game and like that you added more screenshots to the update ha.
Someone asked earlier, but I'm sure I know the answer to the question.
I'm guessing in the bug catching screenshot- the blocks to the left of the screen are place holders until you get the right building sprite ya?

And of course the nurse just isn't there because you don't have her sprite. I'll try get you some RM2k3 style DP character sets if I find some, if not I'll just do them myself when I'm free.

Oh and defo add Scyther to the contest :P

Waudby

I am actually thinking about completely changing the idea of a bug catching contest, instead of you having to battle and catch it, I'm thinking something else, maybe a fun mini-game or something.

I just think that the battles get boring after a while and want to add in extras for peopel to play.

Any ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back