• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: .BTX overworld editor (NDS)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
*If you downloaded this befor 7/2/2010 3:39 PM EST please download again to fix a bug.*
I just created a program to allow users to easily edit the btx files used for the overworld sprites.
Please report and problems or suggestions you have.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/BTX%20Editor.rar

How to use:
Extract the btx files from the narc file. (/a/0/8/1 for HG/SS) (Can anyone tell me the file for D/P/Pt?)

Open the Program.

Click the Open .btx button and select a btx file, if it a supported file (almost all the different trainer sprites) it will then be displayed.

You can save it as a PNG file, edit it, and open the edited image, or just open a premade sprite sheet in the proper format. (32 by 32x, where x is the number of frames)

Once a new image has been loaded into the program, you just click the Save .btx as... button to save the file.(At this time you can not overwrite the currently loaded file)

Replace the new .btx file with the one you want to edit and repack the narc file.

IMPORTANT:
MAX OF 16 COLORS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
it was KAZOWAR off projectpokemoni forums

I am KazoWAR =/ I had the same thing happen when i posted my english patch here. Like i said here. I made this account long before I started using the name Kazo online.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
.....So this editor changes the sprites also?

yes, you open the .btx file then open a png image to replace the image form the btx file with then save it as a btx and put it in the game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
So nobody knows what narc files hold the btx stuff in Platinum?=/ I tried looking for it, extracted some random stuff.XD Until its compatible with the BTX editor.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
So, with this tool, and the video tutorial 1 post above this, we can edit any overworld from the game, including the gym leaders and E4 and those people? And I can't find the kiwi.ds thing. It gives me a site with a MIDI-SSEQ thing, but no kiwi...

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
just a quick question: does this also work with B/W? I don't care if you don't know where the files are, I'll search for it in the rom then.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
As far as I'm aware, it's only for HG/SS and maybe D/P/Pt.

And if he didn't know where the files where in B/W, he wouldn't be able to make it compatible with B/W anyway.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
As far as I'm aware, it's only for HG/SS and maybe D/P/Pt.

And if he didn't know where the files where in B/W, he wouldn't be able to make it compatible with B/W anyway.

When I unpacked those files in HG/SS, I found out they were called .btx files. So, I guess they are also called like that in B/W. This means, if I unpack some files in B/W, I am able to find them. Unless gamefreak used a different file in those games, which is unlikely, because when I was doing some research in other ds games, I also found .btx files.

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I am KazoWAR =/ I had the same thing happen when i posted my english patch here. Like i said here. I made this account long before I started using the name Kazo online.

Yeah, Magius is KazoWAR and I know this, because we used to play online game together back in 08-09.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
Hi can someone help!

I don't want to sound like I am asking for a lot or anything, but can someone make a sheet of the hero from black and white so that all I have to do is replace the two sheets and it switches? Thanks! Also, does anyone know how to edit the back sprites?

Back