• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Get off your lazy butt and play that game!"

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I think that would go the same way as the PokeWalker:
(Added Spoiler Tags because the video contains one swear word)
Spoiler:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

If I worked for Gamefreak, I would've forgot that function even existed, so it's really doubtful. XD

Well know we all know why you don't! :P But, although I doubt it, it would be a nifty and alternate way to earn money and items.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I mentioned a while ago in the evolution methods thread they could have an evolution based on the number of steps one walks or coins they have.

I hope they use it, heck they used it in Dream Radar so perhaps we can buy rare pokémon with the play coins.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This would be a very cool way for GF to encourage kids to be more active to unlock things - or even new playable areas or Pokémon - that you otherwise cannot find in the games. Unfortunately, the lazy kids would trade to get the items or otherwise use cheats to acquire them, and where Pokémon are involved they would just import from prior games.

Having items that induce evolution available this way would be awesome. For 10 "Get Out and Get Fit" coins, you can buy a nice and shiny Leaf Stone. Or a red-hot Fire Stone. Or a bright and sparkly Shiny Stone.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I didn't even know the 3DS had a pedometer! I really need to go get one. But nevertheless, I think it could be possibly used because people really loved the PokeWalker from what I recall, and even though it wouldn't exactly be like the PokeWalker, if you could get stuff from the amount of steps in-game and this combined then it might be of use. Like RARE MONS. People love rare things.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Ah yeah! I completely forgot about the Nintendo 3DS's Pedometer, where you can actually gain one Play Coin for every 100 steps you make. And since the Nintendo 3DS can actually go up to 300 Play Coins as the limit, it would be nice to see some features that would actually cost around 300 Play Coins.

My idea for Play Coins to be used in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y... would be for buying some accessories, such as clothing for your character or Pokémon. It would be really nice to see something like that in a Pokémon game, where Play Coins can actually be used for. Other than that, it could also be used to buy furniture, if they ever implement furniture into the game. ;)

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I really hope they don't use this in any noticeable way, because I don't take my 3DS with me when I go out, and I'd prefer not to have to start. It'd be a step up from the thoroughly annoying Xtransceiver functions in the fifth generation, because walking around is something you can do on your own, but if they were going to incorporate this, I'd prefer it to be like the Xtransceiver: entirely optional. Having to evolve a Pokemon by taking however many steps with my 3DS on and it in my party would be innovative to a point, but far too much hassle. Having it serve as an optional substitute for things like hatching eggs would be nice - say the steps you take in real life as well as in-game count towards your egg hatching - but as something you HAVE to do to accomplish certain things, no, absolutely not.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Is it sad that my PokéWalker is still in my SoulSilver box and never been used before? Oops!

In all honestly though, having a pedometer in the 3DS was a nifty idea on Nintendo's part. It's certainly something a parent of a child wouldn't mind seeing. If X and Y uses this feature on the 3DS, then items or Pokémon that aren't noticeably missed if you don't use the feature too often [or at all] is what should be at offer. Just because I didn't use my PokéWalker, and might not even use the 3DS pedometer, doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good feature to include. So, I wouldn't be against the idea.

My idea for Play Coins to be used in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y... would be for buying some accessories, such as clothing for your character or Pokémon. It would be really nice to see something like that in a Pokémon game, where Play Coins can actually be used for. Other than that, it could also be used to buy furniture, if they ever implement furniture into the game. ;)
This is what I was aiming at basically. Using the Play Coins for smaller items and features is how far I'd hope the pedometer expands to with the games, if it's even utilized at all. It keeps the feature from being a requirement for those who normally wouldn't use it and an extra little bonus for those who do.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Having it serve as an optional substitute for things like hatching eggs would be nice - say the steps you take in real life as well as in-game count towards your egg hatching.

Yes please. O_O
Like it was said before, using the coins to buy evolutionary items seems good, but I wouldn´t mind an app similiar to the PokéWalker. It could be in the eShop for free.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Worth noting - they'd have to do a fair bit to get me to make use of the pedometer. The pedometer by default isn't even turned on when the 3DS isn't in sleep mode, and I walk and play my games all the time.
You will only be allowed to play for a half hour at a time after walking 500 steps.

There, mission accomplished.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I walk with my 3DS to university and back a lot, so yeah, I would like to see something like the pedometer being put to use, maybe similar to the poke-walker from the remake of Gen II, or otherwise! I'm not quite sure how they can implement that in the game though - maybe it'll have a built-in programmed pedometer on it's own, and there can be an option to get mystery/pedometer gifts and pokemon through the play coins?

Back