• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Memories OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
To be honest, I thought that I had picked a bad time, and people weren't too interested. I would check to see when people were on and saw that they had posted in other RP's and just figured mine had died.

I don't usually go into an RP thinking that it will last forever. Part of it is knowing that if I did, I'd just be disappointed if it died early. Another part (mostly for my own RP's) comes with my low self-esteem, in that it won't be a good enough RP to succeed.

Another thing is that I didn't push people to post as much. I am gonna need to be a little more strict on how active people are...

I am still willing to continue this RP if you guys are. We can send a few VM's or PM's and see who still wants to do it.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
To be honest, I thought that I had picked a bad time, and people weren't too interested. I would check to see when people were on and saw that they had posted in other RP's and just figured mine had died.

I don't usually go into an RP thinking that it will last forever. Part of it is knowing that if I did, I'd just be disappointed if it died early. Another part (mostly for my own RP's) comes with my low self-esteem, in that it won't be a good enough RP to succeed.

Another thing is that I didn't push people to post as much. I am gonna need to be a little more strict on how active people are...

I am still willing to continue this RP if you guys are. We can send a few VM's or PM's and see who still wants to do it.

The only reason I haven't post is because Rod hasn't reacted to Miharu yet. And because I'm still stuck in a conversation with...Sky, if I remember correctly.

Yes, I still want to do this RP. It is unique. ^^

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
If most of the delay has been waiting on me then I must apologize. I do keep good tabs on the forums and all that what-not, but it was the fact that i felt like if I posted more than I had I would be taking over the RP. I now see this is not quite the truth. If people will follow an example I will go and post right now, see if we can't give one last good run.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years

It definitley is more about player inactivity than anything else. I agree with PM/VMing other players, we definitly need more activity in this. If some find themselves busy or are unresponsive, we could find some way to let their characters out of the story. And I don't think it's totally Link's fault for the... "nap" this RP has had. Encouraging activity is important, though. I, like all those who still check back here from time to time, really don't want to see this RP die. I think it's very good, and could turn out to be just fantastic if it stays alive. Hopefully Mudkip's post will help wake this thing up.

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
Alright, lets get to Roleplaying!
I might not be able to post today, but I will at earliest possible convenience.

Also, we should probably send some VM's/PM's if you haven't already.

So about half the people here want to keep going. Awesome. I have sent a PM to the people that haven't shown activity.

New Rule: At least two posts per week. Anymore is fine, any less is not fine unless you give a good reason.

Post should be up within the hour or two. Posted! It is shorter than preferred, but I'll make up for that later...

Last edited:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
New Rule: At least two posts per week. Anymore is fine, any less is not fine unless you give a good reason.

So what's the opposite to the rule. What happens if we don't go with the 2 posts and don't have a good reason. Just saying a good rule needs a fitting...well the only word I can put to it is "punishment". It also needs a reward but that would be in the form of progressing story.

Second... I am soooo confused. I only come up 5 people with Rod, that including Rod. They are Rod, Kuro, Link, Alianna, and Mike. Yet two people have referred 6 people in total....who am I missing.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
No excuses. I have been lazy lately sleeping about 10 hours plus a day which is a lot more than my usual 5-6 hours and I just check around most of the time save for looking around the RP corner. Joining those new RPs is actually giving me a few good ideas on things so I think it's time we rise from the dead and continued this RP. (I was pretty anxious to start this one.... until most of us decided to go zombie mode.)

And seems like it's only me, Miharu and Sky left on the beach eh? Guess it's time to start talking.... again... or maybe contemplating...

Last edited:

Freddy Fazbear

Years
Why do I seem to remember a character here called... Jenna? (er something like that) And what happened to her? Did she ever exist?

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2012
@Seeker-

Jenna Brogue (Pikakip)

Not sure where she went. There is also a 'Charlie' character on the front page list and I don't believe she has posted in a while either.
That or my memory is failing me.
Which I apologize for...

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
No your memory is not failing you...when I was super confused about who was in our (Rod's) party I actually went through that list trying to figure out where everyone was. I came up with no conclusion on Jenna and Charlie due to lack of postings. So yes they exist, technically, but without some updates where they exist is a mystery.

And I will have a post up soon-ish, been busy planning an attack for another RP, so by tomorrow (Friday) night for sure, if not in a couple minutes.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
There was Jenna Brogue as well as a ... Charlotte "Charlie" Anna Dawson I think.... and both have posted once. They have both been PMd as well. Pikakip has not been online on about 25 days or so.

I will try to post by tonight. I am at school right now.

I have a thing for my next post. The next part is spoiler so... yeah.
Spoiler:

Reasons for this later.

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
Here
That way you can discuss with others.

I apologize for not elaborating but I don't have tons of time, and it takes longer to type on my phone.

Freddy Fazbear

Years
Ah, I see. Well then, I must vote yes, the notes should be missing. The only reason I say that is because I think that the mysterious dissapearance of the notes (and, if neccesary, Jenna and Charlie [hint, hint]) should probably keep the story even more interesting. Perhaps the two absent characters stole the notes. Or, maybe whatever sent our characters to this world took the notes, the chests, and Jenna and Charlie. Just my opinion, and I think that even if the notes remain, the story could still take unexpected twists.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
If I were to vote yes it would be for the reason of it adds mystery, fits well (with the chests disappearing and whot), and would add a little more immediate interestingness (it's a word now) with people headed for the group and whot-not.

But on that note, I would like to cast my vote for no, the notes have not disappeared. First it slightly clears up the immediate mud with the approachees. And second the notes were in the chests and everything else that was within the chests has not disappeared, namely our weapons and whot.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
Years
I would like to say no, less complicated that way. ;)

That's exactly why I want to make them disappear. I want things to be not so easy.

If I were to vote yes it would be for the reason of it adds mystery, fits well (with the chests disappearing and whot), and would add a little more immediate interestingness (it's a word now) with people headed for the group and whot-not.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

But on that note, I would like to cast my vote for no, the notes have not disappeared. First it slightly clears up the immediate mud with the approachees. And second the notes were in the chests and everything else that was within the chests has not disappeared, namely our weapons and whot.
That is an interesting point actually. I hadn't thought of that. But who is to say that the magic guy can't choose what he wanted to disappear. He did conjure it up.

The reason I don't want the notes is because if they believe the notes, then we get special treatment, and I don't want to walk in to a town and be treated like higher beings... yet...

And plus, how do we know we can trust these people? Just because we are in "allied territory" doesn't mean that everyone there is gonna be allied. The could be a scouting party/ covert ops team with the enemy, and you want to show them the note and tell them everything about us?

The RP is gonna be like that. It isn't necessarily gonna be what you expect. At this point, I'll keep it simple. But later you might want to think things through.

Do you like this system of me asking you guys' opinion on some of the things?
Do you want to continue this?
Do you want to see how it goes and then decide? Or just outright forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back