• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the script got messed up somehow. Do you have XSE attached to A-Map yet?

If not, in A-Map, go to 'Settings -> Choose script editor', then browse to where you have XSE, and select the XSE exe file. A box might pop up where you have to pick yes or no, pick yes. Then select the sprite and click the 'Open script' button and it should open in XSE. See if it's not messed up or anything.

waw

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
'-----------------------
#org 0x8000A6
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x88000B1 '"I'm an NPC."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8000B1
= I'm an NPC.

This is what pops up in XSE after doing your steps.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 5, 2016
I need help !!!
#dynamic 0x71A9F8
#org @main
checkflag 0x1201
if 0x0 goto @done
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

what is the problem when i get in game the the movement is not working but the game get stucked

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
anyone tell me my problem?

heres my script

#dynamic 0x761474
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @text1 0x6
Applymovement 0xff @heromove
waitmovement 0xff
applymovement 0x2 @rivalmove
waitmovement 0x2
msgbox @text2 0x6
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
end
end

#org @text1
= Hey \v\h01!\nWait up!

#org @text2
= \v\h06: Glad i finally caught up\nto you!\lI came as soon as I heard you got\lyour first Pokemon.

#org @Before
= Let's battle!

#org @after
= Oh wow you have grown already!

#org @later
msgbox @text3 0x6
giveitem 0x4 0x5 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @text4 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @rivalmove2
hidesprite 2
setvar 0x6001 0x1
setflag 0x1202
release

#org @text3
= Here take these!

#org @text4
= Those are Pokeballs!\nYou can use them to capture\lPokemon.\lFirst weaken the wild Pokemon\land/or inflict a status condition\lfor a much easier capture.\lAlright thats all I wanted.\lGood luck!

#org @heromove
#raw 0x6
#raw 0xfe

#org @rivalmove
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xfe

#org @rivalmove2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xfe

after the battle the screen stays black

Years
For the Level Scripting Tutorial, click here.

diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

(PokeScript tutorial originally by thethethethe)

Don't Take Or Modify Without Permission

That was a very extensive and in-detail scripting tutorial. Hope you enjoyed it!
If you see any bugs, feel free to tell me about them.

can you make a offline tutorial , like vedio or pdf file???

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Need help! My game is freezing on the script, I can't see what I have to do to make it work because the img are broken....

Years
I'm not sure if this has come up in anyone else's comments yet, but I've been facing a problem that keeps me from being able to continue my work on my rom. Basically I want to keep most of the professor oak dialogue from the beginning of the game, but as a new professor with a few dialogue changes here and there and no rival in the lab. But each time I think I have it changed, it does this weird thing where it puts several lines of text in the same line when I compile it and still says the other parts when their supposed to be said afterward. I have this problem for both the outdoor and indoor scripts in the starting town and I can only guess this will happen even more as I try to work on more and more characters.

I didn't want to just remake his scripts only because there is a lot of movement and flagcheck commands that I don't know if I could remake properly. I'm not new to this, but I'm still only used to basic scripting. If I absolutely need to remake the script I will, but I may need some step by step help to redo all the check pokedex stuff. Any help could go a long way and would be very appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Ugg, the spoiler that tells you how to unfreeze the applymovement script just says "change this... to this..." without any pictures or anything. I'm stuck please help

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 25, 2018
Hi! I know this thread is very old, but i have just one fast question, if anyone can answer me. In the applymovement section, at the end of it, there's a spoiler. That spoiler solves the freeze of the movement if I assign the script to a script tile and not to a person. Unfortunately, the images that were there are no more visible. Do someone of you remember which was the solution to the problem? Thanks for answering me.

I'm new to this forum, so it's possible that i made something wrong with this post. Sorry if I did.

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
one fast question

It's probably freezing as there is no set variable. Put a setvar command in the script and change its value to 0x0 (the setvar command is given in the tut). The same variable must be put as varnumber in the advance map on the script tile.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
can you teach me a script to make the pokemon follow me, walk with the character all the time ?
pls, that whould ne awesome

Years
okay one quick question. (It should have been answered in the tutorital anyway) How do I save the changes I have made so that when I open the Rom to test it, the starter pokemon are what I changed it to?

I have tried the folder for VBA, Advance Map 1.92, Unoficall_XSE, and when I select the rom file I am trying to make it gives me bulbasuar, charmander, and squirtle as starters as opposed to Flareon, Vaporeon, And Umbreon (will change that to Leafeon after I get it to work.)

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
Using the command "hidesprite" on a level script and doing all the other steps in the tutorial makes the sprites hide, but after already being visible for a .10 of a second. It also seems to only trigger once, the one time being the first time it is called (when I walk into a map that happens to be a house in viridian city). Is there anyway to fix this problem? Thanks.

Solved: (in case anyone doesn't know)
There will always be a delay between when the game loads the map and when the script actually happens, set a visibily flag earlier in the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2023
I'm going to make a French translation of this guide.
First for me, then if you are OK, I will publish it online, with credit for you and other user who worked on this guide.
I will NOT modify it, or change anything, just translate it.
I can send it to you when it's translated, if you want :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Have anyone researched the 0xFC, or in XSE known as \c, in the middle of a msgbox string? I have somewhat found out that it is not just responsible of changing the font's color but I de-compiled Brock's script to found how exactly the Badge Fanfare played in the middle of a raw string data.

Code:
FC 0B 04 01

I ripped a portion so what it does is:

Code:
0xFC: Raw string special command I suppose?
0x0B: Asks to play music?
0x0104: The index number of the Badge fanfare music.

If anyone else found how it works... please help.

Back