• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Water Blue (an improvement hack)

Yungbossawott

ybwott
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2022

e44QAKy.jpg

Pokemon Water Blue
by ybwott

Have you ever thought something like "Why did GameFreak make Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green, but not Pokemon Water Blue? That's kinda weird..."? Well, I have, and in response I made this little improvement hack.

Story
Spoiler:

Features
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Sources

Plans
Spoiler:

Download Patches Here
[needs Pokemon FireRed 1.0 aka "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)"]

If you see any bugs/glitches that you want to be fixed leave a comment!
(This is my first ROM hack ever, so I would love to hear the opinions of others)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Suggestions for stuff to add:
-Physical/special split
-A way to see your Pokemon's EV's and IV's
-Someone who sells EV lowering berries

Yungbossawott

ybwott
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2022
Suggestions for stuff to add:
-Physical/special split
-A way to see your Pokemon's EV's and IV's
-Someone who sells EV lowering berries
Those are great ideas and I'll implement them when I have time. (I currently am in school , so I don't have as much time to work on the game as I did in the summer).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
How do you get to the mew truck ? You get Surf only after cut

So, unless there have been some major changes made (which it sounds like there haven't), the area with the truck becomes inaccessible once the ship leaves, which occurs once you enter the Harbor after obtaining HM01 (Cut) from the captain. The way I used to get to that truck in the original games was to get a Pokemon with Cut through a trade, skip HM01, and play the rest of the game until I got Surf, then go back to the ship and Surf to the truck. However, that does not seem like a logical strategy for a ROM hack.

Years
Firstly this is a cool idea and I like it, though I think the blue you chose for the male protagonist is really loud, I think you should choose a different shade of blue but that may just be me.
I hope to see the PSS added to this, as well as Lt. Surge's gym puzzle to be changed, seriously what was GameFreak thinking with that?!
Also, the ROM required is Fire Red 1.0 not 1.1 (with 1.1 it won't work) so you should specify the version needed 🙂

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
Make bug catcher samurai in viridian florest my friend have the Sprites

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
And make gym leaders for the seven islands like:Ash,Drake,yellow,Casey, Harley,Alain and prof Oak

Yungbossawott

ybwott
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2022
How do you get to the mew truck ? You get Surf only after cut
So, unless there have been some major changes made (which it sounds like there haven't), the area with the truck becomes inaccessible once the ship leaves, which occurs once you enter the Harbor after obtaining HM01 (Cut) from the captain. The way I used to get to that truck in the original games was to get a Pokemon with Cut through a trade, skip HM01, and play the rest of the game until I got Surf, then go back to the ship and Surf to the truck. However, that does not seem like a logical strategy for a ROM hack.

This should be fixed now. I just added the ability to go to the surf section near the S.S. Anne bridge by using Surf near the bridge Vermilion City.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 1, 2021
I must be really stupid because i can't seem to find the download link. Is it only for pc, because I'm trying to downloaded on my phone?

Last edited:

Yungbossawott

ybwott
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2022
Mpampinos said:
I must be really stupid because i can't seem to find the download link. Is it only for pc, because I'm trying to downloaded on my phone?
Download link should be fixed!!

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
I got the email saying I was able to download it but it went to my spam mail and wouldn't let me click the link.

Back