• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sunflorazumarill's Hula Girl Pics

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
All right now! Sunflorazumarill has decided to start doing pics full-force again! As it turns out, one of my favorite hobbies is to draw hula dancers! As an added twist, I thought about how various female Pokémon Trainers would look dressed in hula outfits! The result; I've started a project where I'll be doing several Pokémon females as hula girls! Each one will be very different from one another, with hula skirts of varying color, design, and length, many different backgrounds, and much more! Each Trainer will also be accompanied by their main Pokémon at their side! Not only that, but this topic will also be semi-request, meaning you can request a female Pokémon Trainer to perform the hula! Anyway, here's what to expect:

-- I will only take ONE request at a time. Once a request has made, no more may be requested until that one is finished and posted.
-- I will try to work on these everyday, meaning at the latest every 2 or 3 days I should have another ready to show to you.
-- I might do a pic of a female I decided upon myself before doing a requested one. Don't worry, I'll still get to yours.

Completed Pics (In Alphabetical Order)

Aquariana
Blonde
Brianna
Cassidy
Chigusa
Cissy
Cissy 2
Clair
Cynthia
Dawn
Din
Dralene
Electra
Electra 2
Erika
Erika 2
Eri Sawachika
Farore
Flannery
Flareeza
Floreia
Floreia 2
Gary's Cheerleaders 1
Gary's Cheerleaders 2
Gary's Cheerleaders 3
Generic
Haruhi
Hula Battle 1
Hula Battle 2
Juliet
Karen
Kimono Sisters 1
Kimono Sisters 2
Kimono Sisters 3
Lisa
Lizabeth
Liza
Liza 2
Lovrina
Lucy
Lucy's Assistants 1
Lucy's Assistants 2
Luka
Marin
May
Melody
Milane
Milane 2
Misty
Molly
Nayru
Nicole
Plasmae
Roxanne
Samantha
Samantha 2
Solidad
Sonrisa
Tiffany
Trinity
Trixie
Trixie 2
Trixie Tang
Veronica
Whillimena
Whitney

Series of hula pics starts below this list

samanthahula6dh.jpg

Anyway, here's the first pic that I've done. It happens to be Samantha from "Once in a Mawile". As you can see, she and her Mawile are performing their ribbon dance on a tropical stage. I'd like to hear your comments on thic pic of mine. Eventually, I'll start making a list of all my hula pics in this post, so keep looking after it.

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
I'm sorry, but the picture isn't loading for me ^^; I don't know why, all the other pictures here load...

Sunflorazumarill

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Charon-chan said:
I'm sorry, but the picture isn't loading for me ^^; I don't know why, all the other pictures here load...

Maybe it's the site where I upload them; Imageshack. That site tends to always work for me. In fact, the pic seems to load all right for me.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I love the concept and the colors. Even though I didn't find Sayori that hot, I still think she's cute.
I advise you to shape up quick with your anatomy, study tutorials like the ones at mangatutorials.net (I even study there!). And learn how to add shape into your girls' faces.
I truly hope you get at least somewhat better.

Sunflorazumarill

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
lovrinahula1zu.jpg

Now it's time for me to unveil my second pic in my hula series; Lovrina from Pok?mon XD! Lovrina's decided to do the hula out in the middle of the Oasis Pok? Spot in Orre! Joining her are her Luvdisc and Delcatty! For the record, Delcatty has a dark aura around it because it's a Shadow Pok?mon. Also, I'm planning on drawing Melody next, so keep this alive for a couple of days and she'll be around here!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
cool pictures your a good drawer but definitly better than me but i don't know either of those characters.....

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
Years
Hn...

You really need to take a look at some anatomy tutorials. Something's not right when her legs are the same size all the way down and she has no knees. The poses are very mechanical, which also comes from not knowing how the body moves.

You also need to shade. The human body has many dips and contours, and no matter where light is coming from, there's going to by a myriad of colors in any given spot.

Keep practicing. If nothing else, you look like you're enjoying yourself, and that's the point in the end.

Cute. Good luck :)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
Nice pics, Sunflorazumarill! ^^ I like your use of colour, it's very vibrant and adds to the tropical feel of the pictures. :D
I don't know if you're going for realistic or stylised anatomy, but if you're going for realistic, I think the limbs are a bit too straight and angular. There are lots of anatomy tutorials online that can help! :D

If you're going for stylised, that's no problem! ^^ As they are I think they look sort of like tribal art! :D I really like them!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

I stopped watching the new Advance episodes and haven?t played Pokemon XD, so I?m not familiar with either of those girls. Perhaps you could do more popular characters, like Misty or May? That would be cool.

Your drawing style is pretty interesting. You seem to have a knack for rigid lines and vibrant colors. But I would agree with the others ? to read up on anatomy tutorials. Even better than that, make it tutorials on how to draw real people, not just anime. Even anime is heavily based off of realism and once you?ve got that down, you can greatly refine your drawing style. There?s no rush though, you have plenty of time to learn and grow and enjoy making art as you go.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Sunflorazumarill

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
ForestGrovyle and everyone else that visits: For the record, I go for stylised anatomy in my pics and are happy with drawing my lovely ladies that way. However, I always try to draw the person as she looks in the Anime. Also, I never thought of this series of pics as being some sort of tribal art. Aragornbird, I do plan on drawing Misty or May eventually. Well, enought of this chatter for now!

melodyhula0ah.jpg

Well, it's time for me to unveil my next piece of art; Melody from Pok?mon the Movie 2000! As you can see, Melody just got back from a luau on Shamouti Island and has decided to stand beside the cliff overlooking the island! The flowers that make up her hula outfit are based off her Festival Maiden outfit and I added an extra touch by putting in Slowking as well as showing part of the island's shrine. Now I need a good idea on who should put on a hula skirt next. In addition to comments on my pics, please give me an idea on another female Trainer I should do.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
Oh, that's awesome! :D I love the cute Slowking in the background ^^ Yeah, I thought you were going for stylised art - it's great that you have your own style! :D I like the inclusion of things from the movie like the shrine in this picture! ^_^ This has to be my fave of the bunch so far! hehe!

--FG :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
maybe do one of the 3 flower sisters from the flower place outside rusboro

Sunflorazumarill

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
nicolehula8dl.jpg

Simpsonqueen, looks like you got your wish. The next Pok?mon Anime female to be wearing a hula skirt is Nicole from "The Lotad Lowdown". Since she and her sisters run a flower shop, I put lots on flowers on Nicole's hula outfit. Also, I decided to give her face a kawaii blush look since she happens to be a little shy about being so scantly clad. I also made the beach a garden of rainbow flowers to make Nicole feel more comfortable as well as added a few Lotad (which may look a little off).

I'd like to hear your comments on Nicole's pretty look. Now I'll be trying to be in rush mode for my pics so expect another soon. I'm thinking of doing Chigusa next. Also, in the future, you might even see some female OC's of mine dressed to do the hula! Keep this topic going so that more pics can be brought in!

Silon

Amber for Ever!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Can you save my request for whenever you have time? :)
- Could you have her either standing on Lapras in a lake, or have Lapras in a lake, behind her? :)
+ Blonde Hair
+ Blue Shoes
+ Pkmn: Lapras

Sunflorazumarill

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Silon said:
Can you save my request for whenever you have time? :)
- Could you have her either standing on Lapras in a lake, or have Lapras in a lake, behind her? :)
+ Blonde Hair
+ Blue Shoes
+ Pkmn: Lapras

All right! I can do OC's! In fact, I might even do yours this week! You never know!

Silon

Amber for Ever!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Yay! Thankies so much. Your stuff is so amazing. (:

Once I get my scanner working, I might do some drawing.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
ForestGrovyle and everyone else that visits: For the record, I go for stylised anatomy in my pics and are happy with drawing my lovely ladies that way.
Well, you can draw that way as long as we know you're capable of drawing the anime-realistic style. I used to draw like that too, only in a different styled style.
I'd suggest making the head either more shaped or round, the shoulders dont look exactly right for the style and well you're not bad for that style.
I think it's cool, although I'm getting used to it still

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Now that you have more work up, I can really see your interesting drawing style coming through. It's like construction paper cut out and pasted together in a bright and colorful fashion. Pretty cool!
I agree with Clair though. The best thing for a young artist to do is experiment with a wide variety of styles and also draw a wide variety of different things.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Sunflorazumarill

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
blondegirlhula7sg.jpg

Silon, your wish has been granted! I went and did your request! Here's your blonde girl with blue shoes! I decided to spice things up and make her hula skirt really short. And I did remember to include Lapras as well. Since this is a request and there's nothing else to say, I'll try to get another pic finished and posted here before the end of the day, so remember to keep posting in here to see it.

Silon

Amber for Ever!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Wow! It's. AMAZING! *puts in sig as a link*

Back