• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What programming languages make games easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
If you want the easiest I would suggest GameMaker. Easy to navigate interface and an easy to learn syntax.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
LUA is more of a scripting language, i've never heard of anything being done with LUA other than scripting addons or server-side scripts for wow servers.

Java is pretty good for 2D games... my Pokemon project is written in java. It works fine so far. If you want some of the code of some of the earlier versions, i would be happy to provide you with them. I also made a nice game called reverse frogger where you need to try to run over the frog using the cars. PM me if you want the source code for learning purposes. I think on the frogger game i commented almost every line of code because it was for my programming class.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
You don't need to know a programming language to create a game, making the question of which is easiest a bit... odd.

I'd personally say that Python was and is the only language I've ever created a game in. I found it relatively easy, but it sure as heck wasn't good for anything on a professional level. I ... recreated pong from scratch. That's about the highlight of what I did with that language.

But yeah. You want easy? Go get a program that'll make games for you without needing to know the language at all. That's about as easy as it gets.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
oh yeah, check out thegamecreators They allow you to make games very easily. But be careful, the more the game creation programs do for you, the less unique your game will be.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Tagal is right. The best programming languages have thousands upon thousands of functions, because that means that the programing can have many personalized features, such as reading files in many different formats will allow you to use many different files, or using complex algorithms allows the program to be smaller and faster, b/c if,else,while, ect. use a lot of space and CPU usage. it can easily increase the game speed by 200% just by replacing if structures with boolean statements, a "simple" two-button formula for moving a value up or down takes at least two if statements, ussualy three for making sure the value doesn't change when neither button is pressed, because that structure is ussauly used to change speed, but all those lines can be done in only one algorithm: value=value+((up=true increment)-(down=true))*increment
for non-speed changing, and for speeds, don't add the value, and you have a system that not only moves up when one button is pressed and down with the other, but also does not change when both are pressed at the same time, a good thing to have to prevent having to prioritize buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back