• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon or Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Pokemon better than Digimon because I saw more of the Pokemon episodes than the Digimon ones. But there was this one time when I saw 3 episodes of Digimon again and again a long time ago; I grew tired of those episodes after a while.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
It's become a running joke, yeah. Every incarnation of Leomon dies, now we just have to wait and see if one appears in Xros Wars Hunters. :P

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Anime wise? Digimon, hands down. Pokemon is getting kinda dull, even in BW.

My favorite season of Digimon at the moment is probably Tamers, I watch it subbed on Hulu.

EDIT: Why does Leomon always have to die?! Seriously.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years

My favorite season of Digimon at the moment is probably Tamers, I watch it subbed on Hulu.

That's what I've been trying to tell people about the BW anime. It's less interesting and that hardly any Pokemon has personality. I don't understand Tepig(lol Tepid and Pig), Roggenrola, etc. And that my favorite Digimon anime was Digimon Frontier.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
If we are going by the animes, then most definitely Digimon, and for many reasons: Each season is different, they have storylines, and they rarely recycle plotlines except for the whole "save the world" thing, but that's a universal concept.

True, anime wise, Digimon is definitely better, mainly because the Pokemon anime is the same thing over and over again, and it has gotten old and very boring to older fans of the franchise, and while I know it's a kids show, it just solely appeals to that audience and refuses to appeal to the older fans of the franchise. This is why a lot of people like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, because it has a lot of the things the Pokemon anime lacks. To an extent, the anime has put a pernament scar on the Pokemon franchise as a whole, in a similar manner to how Aquaman's potrayal in Superfriends put a pernament scar on him.

Yeah, I have no idea why Leomon always has to die, it's like they have the need to put a Leomon in the show, and then kill him off.

That's what I've been trying to tell people about the BW anime. It's less interesting and that hardly any Pokemon has personality. I don't understand Tepig(lol Tepid and Pig), Roggenrola, etc. And that my favorite Digimon anime was Digimon Frontier.

Agreed, while the Pokemon in the DP anime like Infernape and Buizel had distinguishable personalities that made them likeable characters, the Pokemon in Best Wishes are very one dimensional, and are basically soulless battling machines with barely any emotions, made only to battle other peoples Pokemon and nothing else, while the human characters get all the focus in character development (with the exception of Ash) while ignoring the very creatures that name the franchise, like they are just there in the background serving barely any to no purpose whatsoever other than to battle others, the only Pokemon that really even HAVE personallities are Axew and Oshawott, and both are considered to be "The Scrappy" of the BW season, especially given how much screentime they recieve compared to the rest of the Pokemon in the cast.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Hm... See thats a tough one! I like both, but I honestly like Digimon better. Pokemon is seriously BA. But there's just something way more gripping in any digimon thing i've seen, read, or played. I like the idea of one good partner than a whole squad of annoyingness.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
If we are going by the animes, then most definitely Digimon, and for many reasons: Each season is different, they have storylines, and they rarely recycle plotlines except for the whole "save the world" thing, but that's a universal concept.

True, anime wise, Digimon is definitely better, mainly because the Pokemon anime is the same thing over and over again, and it has gotten old and very boring to older fans of the franchise, and while I know it's a kids show, it just solely appeals to that audience and refuses to appeal to the older fans of the franchise. This is why a lot of people like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, because it has a lot of the things the Pokemon anime lacks. To an extent, the anime has put a pernament scar on the Pokemon franchise as a whole, in a similar manner to how Aquaman's potrayal in Superfriends put a pernament scar on him.

Yeah, I have no idea why Leomon always has to die, it's like they have the need to put a Leomon in the show, and then kill him off.

Agreed, while the Pokemon in the DP anime like Infernape and Buizel had distinguishable personalities that made them likeable characters, the Pokemon in Best Wishes are very one dimensional, and are basically soulless battling machines with barely any emotions, made only to battle other peoples Pokemon and nothing else, while the human characters get all the focus in character development (with the exception of Ash) while ignoring the very creatures that name the franchise, like they are just there in the background serving barely any to no purpose whatsoever other than to battle others, the only Pokemon that really even HAVE personallities are Axew and Oshawott, and both are considered to be "The Scrappy" of the BW season, especially given how much screentime they recieve compared to the rest of the Pokemon in the cast.

Pikachu and Snivy are the others that have personalities, Excadrill has a rough and macho personality, and that Axew has a cute personality.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
I like pokemon because it's more original and the characters in pokemon are cute than digimon.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
They are revealing a whole bunch of new Digimon for the Jintrix game in Japan. Go to Wikimon (which is an English wiki using Japanese terms, kinda confusing, though) to see for yourselves.

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'm going to have to say Pokemon. I loved digimon, but I think at the time it was "all the cool kids like Pokemon, or else" and I guess I'm stuck in that mentality xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
What digimon stuff was there besides the show? Were there any major digimon games released in north america?

Also, what about Monster Rancher?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I love Digimon because every season is different, except for the "save the world".
Whereas every episode in Pokemon is: Pokemon got caught by Team Rocket. Team Rocket blasts off again. (IMO, thats the sad part) Only some episodes are Gym Battles (repetitive), rival battles, compeitions, contests and some featuring the regions badguys (Team Magma, Aqua, etc)
But there's one thing Digimon can't beat Pokemon, and that's the design of the Mon's (whatever you call it). Digimon's design of them are so repetitive.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I prefer Digimon, I like the aesthetics more and the games have largely maintained a constant level of quality in my eyes. Pokemon's still cool though.

What digimon stuff was there besides the show? Were there any major digimon games released in north america?

Also, what about Monster Rancher?

There were 4 Digimon World games released on consoles with many on handhelds(even a spiritual successor going on the PSP), but the games have never really gained much popularity, partly due to Bamco's incompetence.

It's a shame, because I thought Digimon World 1 and 2 were both much better than any Pokemon game I've played.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
I myself am Pok'emon all the way. Anime is maybe a little lesser than Digimon, especially Spirit/Beast Spirit Evolution, but they make up for it in the games.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Did digimon start as a game and become an anime after like pokemon?
which came first digimon, pokemon?

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Digimon for sure. While I like Pokemon, even to this day, Digimon was always superior and I loved the anime and games much more than Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
Digimon by anime standards but Pokemon when it comes to the games, however there are actually more Digimon than Pokemon, merchandise wise it's a tie, Pokemon having the tcg and plushs but Digimon having really fun Digivices and model kits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back