• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beedrill Deluxe

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Pokemon
  • 4-2-4 Beedrill
  • 1 Virizion Ex
  • 2 Tropius
  • 1 Mr Mime
Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 2 Shauna
  • 3 Skyla
  • 1 Bianca
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Silver Bangle
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 1 Town Map
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy
  • 10 Grass

I took the standard beedrill deck and gave it a boost with the new set, and then again with X/Y

Virizion protects it from status effects and can accelerate energy if it ever seems to be needed. But probably not.

Mr. Mime protects the bench from darkrai, kyurem and the likes.

Tropius is as in most of my decks, for consistency and card drawing. It also acts as a secondary attacker that beedrill desperately needs, since beedrill never wants to be in the active when the opponent goes down if at all possible.

2 Kakuna to allow more beedrills after i super rod them. Plus it gives a more stable way to get out beedrills.

Muscle Band replaced Silver Bangle completely. Being able to hit everything for 80+ poison is just so much better than just 90+ poison on Exs and 60+ on non Exs. Besides the math is still good. 80+30=110 going into their turn, + 30 more for 140 going into my turn, and then + 30 leaving my turn for 170 and if need be + 10 damage from Tropius' Return to draw up to 6 cards. It also works for non Exs now. 110 first turn comes back to me at 140. Most things are knocked out at 140.

80 + 10 from poison without Virbank can still hit key 90 hp pokemon. Especially the new fairy types. 110 on non exs is huge as well.

2 Super Rods, because 1 is just not enough and i just dont feel safe incase 1 is prized. those 10 energy can disappear fast if i decide to charge anything other than beedrills.

2 Tool Scrappers. I might drop it down to 1, since 2 just doesn't really help much vs Garb anyway. All this deck really needs is 1.

1 Town Map, because of all the 1 of's in this deck. I sometimes just NEED Mr Mime or Virizion Ex.

Dowsing Machine because its just awesome in decks that use a tons of really good items.

Last edited:
Years
Maybe look at Scoop Up Cyclone instead of Gold Potion? I was thinking that this deck could put Super Scoop Up to good use (giving an alternate means of refreshing Beedrills in addition to all the Max Potions), but since that's cycled out then that's a no-go, but Scoop Up Cyclone might still be an alternative.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Actually thats not a good idea. since its a 2 step pokemon. It would take at least 3 turns to play it, also without rare candy being recycled as well. Theres a good chance it could be N'ed back into my deck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
So i really like this deck. It seems to keep a stable win ratio of about 70-75%. Right now its 15/5, win/loss. At least on PTCGO. Thats better than any of my other decks. Aside from the heavily unfavored matchup with VirGen decks. I feel this deck is pretty great. It can OHKO Keldeo ex with a bangle, and keldeo is in a huge majority of decks, just acting as a switch. Its an easy 2 prizes. Blastoise/Keldeo/BKE is pretty even if no favored for the beedrill deck. With 2 or 3 keldeo ex running around and with 3 catchers, i can OHKO them for easy knockouts, blastoise also goes down when virbank is out, only BKE is a problem, though if it bothers to waste all its energy on OHKOing Beedrill, it will get stuck in the active when all the Keldeos have gone away. being forced to either spend 3 energy retreating or trying to attack after being poisoned and confused by a following beedrill.

Idk if theres anything i can really do to better this deck. I could max out the max potions but idk what to cut. If anything the floatstone. but its still helpful...

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Okay so with the next set coming out. I really want to throw in red cards. but i just dont think there is anything i can afford to take out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Yeah i tried playing red card in another deck. Its not as helpful as i thought. Majority of the time my opponent has 4 cards or less.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
The new ones are really bad. lol. I would need to use victini if i wanted to bother using the XY ones. Flip 4 for 40 damage each for 2 G is just bad. I have to flip 3 to hit more than other PLS with virbank and and 4 hit more than virbank and muscle band. Without poison and confuse, it wont force retreats. Which appears to be the strength of the PLS beedrill.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Honestly i feel like there isnt much to change for this deck unless some amazing card comes out. Cause atm each card is needed and i feel like there is nothing i can take out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Well as it is now. I dont think Beedrill can be use competitively anymore. There is just too much stuff out there that directly counters it. Stuff like Virizion, Darkrai/garbodor, Slurpuff, and stuff that drop damage counters like Greninja. If theres no way to block bench damage like Greninja, beedrill just cant be used reliably anymore.

Years
I suppose it would be a challenge to do so, but given Beedrill's typing, you could force Greninja up and try to muster a OHKO, since you'd only need to muster 70 base damage from Beedrill. You'd have to use the second attack if you get serious damage done by Water Shuriken (which probably means the deck has lost by that point already), but a OHKO of Greninja is feasible.

Maybe you wanna mix some Super Potions in. Not as good as Max Potion, but it also gives you between 1 and 4 more potential healing opportunities since having Beedrill at full HP is vital to this deck's success. And they do heal half of Beedrill's HP each use. But then you'd probably wanna find a way to mix in something like Professor's Letter.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
So with the release of Flashfire set. A new addition to Beedrill Deluxe has appeared.
180px-DragalgeWildBlaze57.jpg

Ability- Poison Barrier: Your opponent's Poisoned Pokémon can't retreat.

So basically, any deck that can get poisoned will ultimately lose an attacker to every beedrill assault. It makes Swift Sting do up to 90 damage (with bangle), 30 with virbank, confuse, and unable to retreat.
Unless they use a switch of some sort or keldeo ex. It turns the match up vs Darkrai/Yevltal to more favorable.

I plan on adding a 1-1 of this pokemon to my deck though idk what to cut to make space.

My thoughts are probably a super rod and a skyla. They both aren't completely needed. The extra super rod is only really added consistency which i will miss. Though i do play with only 1 super rod Online. The skyla will also be missed, but probably not as much. I usually use turn 1 Skyla to bluff the lack of actually supporter and having a bad hand. It works quite well when i have turn 2 beedrill in hand. Other than that, its helpful for max potion/rare candy. But i would use juniper/N/shauna over skyla if they were also in hand. Cause i usually need more than 1 card. Late game once i'm set up i dont really use skyla at all. But to just take a look at my deck.

Also edited a bit
-2 N
-1 Muscle Band
+2 Shauna
+1 Silver Bangle.

Shauna is more consistently helpful. Instead of having to N myself to 2 or 3 looking for an energy late game. 2 N is still good to allow me to disrupt my opponent somewhat.
1 Silver Bangle to hit the magic number of 120 on Ex pokemon. With the end of my following turn's poison damage doing a total of 180, instead of the 170 with muscle band.

Last edited:
Back