• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What’s your preferred play style?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
There are a couple of styles in competitive like stall, balanced, etc., but what is your preferred play style when playing competitive? What sorts of Pokémon do you prefer to use for your play style?

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I mostly prefer to play offensive, with a bit of support not to get too vulnerable.

Also, with movesets, I prefer to have >~ 2 offensive moves (mostly either physical or special moves (not both) for increase coverage.

Even then, it depends on the Pokemon in question. The majority of exceptions I would make if one move can dish out lots of damage without too many immunities or not-very-effectives, and/or if said move can cause status afflictions that support the primary purpose of said Pokemon.

Years
I generally prefer a balanced play style, maybe with a slight offensive lean. Hyper offence is too fragile and risky and stall is too passive and boring for me to get invested and play properly.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Pretty heavy offense. Though I haven't used a Mega Mawile or a Mega Medicham yet, so I have some things to explore still.

7shoes

I wanna be the pig
Years
I prefer play whit hyper offense, the most part of time my teams will looks something like this ; 2 physical and special sweeper 1 suicide lead whit stealth rock and 1 support like Clefable. After it will depend which pokémon I use but anyway it will be an Hyper Offense.

Sirfetch’d

Very heavy offense. I am pretty good with balance but I find it and stall to be pretty boring in today's meta.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Obligatory the most painful, slow, rage quit inducing and annoying way possible. ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
For as long as I've been battling, I've mainly used hyper offense. Stall is painfully slow and too tedious of a playstyle for me, and I never really got the hang of how to properly use balance.

Back