• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I actually got tired of animating the userbar, LOL! :)

anyway, on topic:

Smogon itself said that...

Reshiram is one of the most prominent threats in the Ubers metagame.

Its typing is certainly one of the most resistant type combinations: weak to Ground, Rock and Dragon only. Also, its high SpA ensure a 2HKO Blissey woth Blue Flare.

Reshiram is a formidable adversary that all teams need an answer to.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd probably end up using both Reshiram and Zekrom if given the opportunity, Reshiram is made to work with weather such as sun while Zekrom is more or less a surefire counter to Kyogre even though it would have some amount of trouble against Groudon to say the very least. As much as I like Zekrom though personally I kind of like Reshiram more just due to the dragon/fire typing I've been wishing for since gen 3 and just due to how well it works with Groudon as well lol.

But all in all I'd probably use a Hone Claws/Substitute set with Zekrom in game while running a full special sweeper set with Reshiram when facing other players with legendaries.

miltankRancher

Years
Kyogre is Reshiram's main problem, seeing as Reshiram has absolutely no way to counter the orca. If lucky, Reshiram could 2HKO Kyogre with Outrage, providing that Kyogre missed a turn (like missing a Surf)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Same with Zekrom and Groudon as well unfortunately, an Outrage from Reshiram against Kyogre or a Draco Meteor from Zekrom against a Groudon wouldn't doo too much while the said opponents would most likely OHKO Reshiram and Zekrom with Surf/Hydro Pump and Earthquake respectively, wish there was a better way for the 2 dragons to counter the RS mascots though but sadly there isn't much of an alternative besides just firing off stab D-Meteors and Outrages and hoping for the best there.

I still believe that both dragons can fit into a uber sun team very easily though since Zekrom can check Kyogre with Bolt Strike and Reshiram can wreak havoc with Drought in play as said before lol.

miltankRancher

Years
A Life Orb Outrage could probably OHKO Kyogre though. Same with Zekrom. These are just hypothetical scenarios. Both would not welcome the Life Orb damage.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Lol probably, but if something along the lines of Kyogre or Groudon can be OHKO'ed that quickly then the recoil from Life Orb shouldn't matter at all in comparison to taking out such a big threat so swiftly lol.

I was thinking about the possible Ruby/Sapphire remakes a few minutes ago though and I wondered if some legendaries like Dialga could be in the Ruby remake while Palkia could be in the Sapphire remake and when both of them would be in the same game like with Groudon and Kyogre back in HG/SS you could get Giratina like with Rayquaza as well, know it doesn't have much to do with the current topic but I happened to find that interesting to hope for in all honesty lol.

miltankRancher

Years
Considering Reshiram's and Zekrom's frailty, (and pretty average HP) they would be dealing so much damage to themselves in the long run.

I am pretty sure they would do that if ever. 4th generation legendaries are hard to come by on the fifth generation (without the use of external sources, I am pretty sure none existed)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Eh I wouldn't call base 100 defensive stats frail TBH but I see where you're coming from with the LO recoil taking its toll at some point but by that time you would have ravaged your opponent's team so badly they can't possibly hope to turn the tide by then but that's just my opinion again.

Yeah it would be nice to see the Sinnoh legendaries again, maybe something along the lines of finding Heatran at Mt. Chimney or Regigigas at Shoal Cave after you've beaten the game too lol.

miltankRancher

Years
Eh I wouldn't call base 100 defensive stats frail TBH but I see where you're coming from with the LO recoil taking its toll at some point but by that time you would have ravaged your opponent's team so badly they can't possibly hope to turn the tide by then but that's just my opinion again.

Yeah it would be nice to see the Sinnoh legendaries again, maybe something along the lines of finding Heatran at Mt. Chimney or Regigigas at Shoal Cave after you've beaten the game too lol.

I would seeing as in the Ubers tier, you need to be pretty study and bulky to survive the onslaught of counters. I used an LO Reshiram once, I was one hit by a Groudon's Dragon Tail because of the residual LO damage. :| Or I guess I was just pretty unlucky at that time.

If ever the fourth gen legendaries are added, I doubt they will be located on Pre-E4 locations.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I would seeing as in the Ubers tier, you need to be pretty study and bulky to survive the onslaught of counters. I used an LO Reshiram once, I was one hit by a Groudon's Dragon Tail because of the residual LO damage. :| Or I guess I was just pretty unlucky at that time.

If ever the fourth gen legendaries are added, I doubt they will be located on Pre-E4 locations.

Usually you can kill off said counters barring Kyogre for Reshiram or Groudon for Zekrom respectively as previously stated before they can have the opportunity to stop your sweep given the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom have near to perfect coverage in their STABs not to mention the sheer damage output that's possible with those 2, Reshiram in particular especially. Yeah you must have been unlucky then.

There's always the possibility of them not being at those said locations until you beat the game though. Would be rather neat to see to say the very least.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Deoxys_All.png

In this pic, we can see how Deoxys-A emits his coolness, in such a manner that all other forms stand behind him.

Deoxys-A is just badass, true form of an emperor ;)

miltankRancher

Years

Usually you can kill off said counters barring Kyogre for Reshiram or Groudon for Zekrom respectively as previously stated before they can have the opportunity to stop your sweep given the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom have near to perfect coverage in their STABs not to mention the sheer damage output that's possible with those 2, Reshiram in particular especially. Yeah you must have been unlucky then.

There's always the possibility of them not being at those said locations until you beat the game though. Would be rather neat to see to say the very least.

I think so.

Hmm... Much like how Kyogre and Groudon was in Emerald? They are in places that can be found pre-E4, though you cannot manage to access them.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Which form of Deoxys do you like most & why?

Deoxys-D. I just love this defensive Pokemon and how they troll around the battle. Comes in on a neutral or ineffective move, laugh it out with recover. Set-up entry hazards, and can still do average damage to incoming or defending Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
@Miltankrancher: Yeah pretty much lol.

TBH I'm becoming tempted more and more to try out Deoxys D or Doexys S sometime even though my current Deoxys doesn't have Superpower sadly, just so I can have some fun with my opponent instead of just blasting them away with Deoxys A lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
643.gif

this one. i have never used either ingame, but competitively, I think Reshiram is more promising.

and compare, Serebii's thoughts.

see?

anyway, I have made a userbar! it is not much. LOL.

clueX.png

ignore the attachment.

Johto Legends? Would the owner of the Johto Legends accept us using this? If so or not, you should probably change the name to Legendary Club or something to ease up the confusion LOL Otherwise I'd accept this and add it.

I prefer Reshiram all the way, I've always tagged along with the female-like Pokemon (Latias for instance) over the males, and Reshiram looks more female-like to me and Zekrom the male.

I prefer Speed Deoxys However. Otherwise I'd stick to his original form. Guess Speed is mighty impressive to me.

NEW PotW:
646.png
Kyurem!

646.gif
646.png

646.png

Heat Wave + Roost= beast. Zapdos is truly the best legendary outside Uber to use in competitive battling. Too bad about the tier down in the fifth gen.
I've been using this roleplaying idea I created in this notebook and used myself and my nephew as the greatest Pokemon trainers ever (I recommend everyone doing this for themselves, it's quite fun). Zapdos with Heat Wave + Roost is one of the Legendary Pokemon I used in my Legendary Party haha. It is awesome, I was so surprised to see Zadpos use one of my favorite moves I use for Ninetales! It does make Moltres somewhat Obsolete though.. :(
NEW TOPIC DISCUSSION:
State your favorite storyline about any of the Legendary Pokemon. (Anime or Game)

Gave up 100 points for a 4th Pokemon to my party. Penelope(Reshiram!)

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Thought the whole Sinnoh storyline was cool. It made a lot of sense to me, with The Lake Trio playing a part of awakening Dialga/Palkia/Giritina. It wasnt too simplistic, but it wasnt too complicated. Yeah, I was loving that story until they made Arceus. Really, the god of Pokémon is a goat stuck in a hoop. Nice work, Pokémon, nice work.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Thought the whole Sinnoh storyline was cool. It made a lot of sense to me, with The Lake Trio playing a part of awakening Dialga/Palkia/Giritina. It wasnt too simplistic, but it wasnt too complicated. Yeah, I was loving that story until they made Arceus. Really, the god of Pokémon is a goat stuck in a hoop. Nice work, Pokémon, nice work.
I'd have to agree with this. ^

There is also the Mewtwo/Mew rivalry. Watching Mew and Mewtwo fight off was the epic thing I've ever seen when I first saw it back in the 90's!

Then there's Lugia who was awaken to restore the Crystal Balls to sane the Bird Trio. I think I had seen it...354 times when I got the VHS? I just loved it so much, I just couldn't get enough of it! haha

I'm a little...awed about the Unova Dragons story. I just have no comment and is speechless about that one to be honest..

Pictures of PotW:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My favorite legendary storyline would have to be that of the legendary beast trio back in Gold & Silver, particularly Suicune in Crystal but then again I'm a sucker for 2nd gen honestly lol.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'd have to agree with this. ^

There is also the Mewtwo/Mew rivalry. Watching Mew and Mewtwo fight off was the epic thing I've ever seen when I first saw it back in the 90's!

Then there's Lugia who was awaken to restore the Crystal Balls to sane the Bird Trio. I think I had seen it...354 times when I got the VHS? I just loved it so much, I just couldn't get enough of it! haha

I'm a little...awed about the Unova Dragons story. I just have no comment and is speechless about that one to be honest..

Again, we are on the same page. I agree with you 100% on all those opinions. Great minds think alike! ;)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Again, we are on the same page. I agree with you 100% on all those opinions. Great minds think alike! ;)
Sure does seem like it!

Ok so while we're on the topic, let's ask a question regarding the topic

Every Pokemon movie that's been aired has been revolved around Legendary Pokemon..mainly. Two of them involved Zoroark and Lucario even though they both had the Beast Trio & Mew involved.

I have heard people consider Zoroark/Lucario 'Legendary' Pokemon from the movie. Any argument/opinions? (Not relating to the game, so don't bring up the 'they are breedable' idea please)

My favorite legendary storyline would have to be that of the legendary beast trio back in Gold & Silver, particularly Suicune in Crystal but then again I'm a sucker for 2nd gen honestly lol.
Suicune seemed like a leader of the Beast Trio rather than "being" a trio. Like...the Kami's (Thundurus/Tornadus to Landorus). That's how I view it. Plus, I think Suicune is the best and has the better design than the other two, Entei/Raikou.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back