• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A recovery move in sandstorm does sound really awesome, yeah, although the bulkier ones like Hippowdon have Slack Off already, so idk how much it could benefit Pokemon as it is. :(

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Do you think the'll focus on expanding Triple/Rotational battles ? I have a feeling that a large portion of the new moves will have to do with Triple battles. Also, maybe a little development of pledge moves ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Probably, ya. I think triples are something they'll want to hold onto, so maybe expand doubles and triples at the same time (since some doubles moves work in triples anyways).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Do you think the'll focus on expanding Triple/Rotational battles ?

I sure hope they do! I really enjoyed these battles, both rotation and triple. They made me rethink my whole strategy when it comes to battling and were very entertaining and challenging. I'd love if there would be more triple trainer battles, and if they included some new moves that had a greater impact on these battles.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I really hope they don't create more moves for Triple/Rotational battles, especially when they clogged up the TM list last generation. I mean they're barely used in the games anyways, so what's the point really? I'd rather see moves that would be useful in one on one battles (which is what most of the games will be) instead of focusing on something they barely even use.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I'm all for the idea of more moves that have alternate functions in trips. However, I feel like if they're only useful in them, then that's a problem. We were given one of the best physical flying moves in the game last generation, Acrobatics, which was designed to be a trips move. However, it has a ton of merit in single battles thanks to its other side effect that doubles its base power if you're not holding an item. Fling Gliscor? Yes Please. Well...mid BW anyway.

If they decide to make moves that exclusively cater to trips though, I won't be happy. Very few people even like them enough. I feel like Triple Battles remove any sensibility one has when battling and makes them make rash decisions because they realize they have to get through commands for three pokemon. It's just a cluster..butt.

Anyway, in terms of a Sandstorm recovery move, I can see a Rock-type move that works like a reverse-erosion type thing. I don't know what it would be called though. It should be a rather exclusive move though. Pokemon like Hippowdon already have recovery moves and if they had one that is more than 50% in Sandstorm, that would make stall teams ridiculously strong.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
You are right, of course i want to see more moves that focus on 1vs1 battles, I'm just saying it would be nice to see a few moves that would make an impact on triple battles. And if these had more protagonism during the game, why not?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I was thinking of a dragon type move called Dragon Chant, it is like a special version of dragon dance - increases special attack and speed by one stage. Hydreigon and Latios would pwn if they could learn this move, dragon chant + draco meteor = You're screwed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the special dragon booster! Maybe to like uhh weaker ones like Altaria maybe and it'd be fair :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Shuckle could possibly become broken sooo nope. :( I would love a Bug-type Quick Attack, though. It just seems so necessary given that now there's priority everywhere and bug would work well, especially against Psychic-types.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Shuckle's not based on a Pupa as far as I know... so if such a move was made it wouldn't get it. It be exclusive to Beedrill, Butterfree, Beautifly, and Dustox, and maybe even Tyranitar and Salamence... by breeding (not even sure if that's possible even chain wise).

Anyways a bug quick attack will be awesome ^_^.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Might make Tyranitar a little TOO overpowered. Sooo maybe not to all pupa :x

But yes, I think it would :3

Years
Yeah...giving it to only Bugs will be good xD

I imagine the Bug quick attack to be a sting attack, if so then I see Vespiquen, Beedrill, and Venopede getting it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Increasing both defenses with one move seems a little too...overpowered? I think increasing defense by 2 stages and sp defense by 1 stage (or vise versa) would be good enough, perhaps if the move had a downside such as less speed or attack.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah...giving it to only Bugs will be good xD

I imagine the Bug quick attack to be a sting attack, if so then I see Vespiquen, Beedrill, and Venopede getting it.

Nonono ;_; Needs to be like a headbutt thing, so Pinsir and stuff can get it :x

Years
I don't see a head butt... it just doesn't seem all that very bug like for a Bug version of quick attack... maybe a web based attack if not sting.

Also on the topic of Quick Attack how about a ice version of Extreme Speed? It'll cut those Dragons down to size.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well there's already Ice Shard, but if it's more powerful, like 60 BP then maaaybe it might be more suited to take out dragons!

Years
That's what I said lol, a ice version of Extremespeed, which is a more powerful version of Quick Attack.
How about a more powerful version of Giga Drain? Like Omega Drain that has either 90 or 100 bp. It'll be learned at a high level I imagine.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe! But it'd have to have low accuracy or something because imagine Ludicolo with it, daym. :(

Back