• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pre-orders

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I just pre-ordered Diablo 3 for PS3, and in the past I've preordered Pokemon HeartGold as well as Black. Usually when I pre-order I have it sent to the store to pick it up, because my local Gamestop is near a plethora of restaurants to pick from to have lunch at before grabbing the game

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I haven't pre-ordered in years. I generally only will if it is on a limited run and me getting it any other time is indefinite (I missed out on getting Xenoblade new and now look at it used...)

LAWSICK

see you next mission.
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
it depends usually. i remember for fallout: new vegas, that if you preordered the game you got some unique gear which was only obtainable if you reserved a copy of it. so if i can get something exclusive from preordering a game, then i usually will. otherwise, i don't mind attending a midnight release.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I only tend to pre-order games if they're games I can't wait to get my hands on, such as Pokemon Y and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I also pre-order them in-store as opposed to online. Also, if it's a game that I want, but not enough to get immediately, but they have some sort of super cool pre-order bonus, I'll go ahead and pre-order them as well.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Right now I have Pokemon X, Final Fantasy X/X2 HD, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD all pre-ordered at Gamestop because I let them guilt me into pre-ordering stuff. The staff at the Gamestop near me is really nice so I feel bad when they ask about pre-orders and I decline. Decided on these three games since they're under $60 apiece.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
If I know I'm going to get a game on or very close to release date, I'll almost always pre-order. I'm not exactly a huge fan of handing over money before the game comes out, but I do like the message it sends to publishers. They get a better gauge of whether people are interested in the game based on preorders as they ready the game and it also ensures that the store orders enough copies to supply demand. I'm pretty sure sequels and the like get greenlit based partially on preorder data so I have no problem perpetuating that. Besides, I like the peace of mind that comes with knowing my copy of a game is guaranteed. A lot of the games I tend to play are a little niche--at least compared to the big Western titles like CoD, Madden and the like--so often times, stores won't get very many copies of them. I hate, hate, hate running around to different stores in the area trying to find a copy of the game so I can play it the same-day instead of waiting for delivery online.

I tend to preorder all my games from the local EB Games. I like to be able to pick it up at my convenience on release day. I live just far enough out of Toronto that packages don't (always) arrive on the same day they ship, so I often have to wait at least a day to get something from Amazon unless I get faster shipping. And with faster shipping, someone has to be around to sign for the package and being stuck near the door just kind of sucks. The anticipation is really annoying and it makes me too anxious. I might have to leave the house when my pre-order is at a brick-and-mortar store but at least I feel more in charge. :P

The last game I pre-ordered was Tales of Xillia. When Canada was confirmed to get the Collector's Edition, EB Games actually called me to ask if I wanted to upgrade and I was so pleased with that. I don't have anything on pre-order right now (except my roommate's copy of Kingdom Hearts HD) but the moment the games are up on the system, I'll be pre-ordering Tales of Symphonia HD and Tales of Xillia 2.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I used to pre-order a lot. And then I.. I don't know, I guess I grew out of getting useless knicknacks along side my games.

If there's a really awesome promotion, I'll pre-order. Or a console launch I'm really excited about. But otherwise, not so much any more

Years
I've always bought my games directly from the store since my GameStop is only a ten minute walk and usually has what I want in stock. Had no problems getting Pokemon games on release day there, too, but they won't have X and Y available until November 1st so I'm going to have to put in my first pre-order ever. Definitely can't wait 2 extra weeks. :(

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
I only preorder games so I can get them on day 1. Like this year with Pokemon Y and 2 years ago with Super Mario 3D Land. The bonuses you get for preordering are nice too (like a 2 sided poster for Pokemon X/Y and the tanooki Mario keychain for Super Mario 3D Land)

Back