• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well, likely real. Sometimes fakes look very convincing, sadly. Still, nothing really suggests they are fake from what I see, but just be wary with buying games online.

I will merge this with the questions thread of the Pokemon Gaming Central section as your question is specific to games (besides the anime as well or whatnot). Just in case someone else has thoughts to offer on the games being real/fake.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I've been lurking on ebay and I saw this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115509848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The price is very attractive
Black 1 has no box
Black 2 has box, no manual
Send from USA
From pics, cartridges look legit, not faded or grayish like many fakes I've seen.
Would you say these are real or fake?
Also, is there really any major drawback to a game being fake?
Thanks for answering, sorry if this breaks any rules. I read the rules and didn't see anything against this.
Also I wasn't sure if this should go here or under Pokemon Gaming Central.
Thanks for reading!
The seller sent me 2 new pictures. I'm pretty sure they're legit-
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16h,!yEE9s5jHPtcBRqt,HzJcw~~60_4.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16NHJHIFFh!kYy+mBRqtb(rw,!~~60_4.JPG
What do you say?
60$ for both + 15$ shipping- Used in Great Condition
or
Roughly 91$ (shipping included) for both, Completely New, from ShopTo.net
(the difference in the price is equal to 3 hours where I work)
So what do you say?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Those look legit to me. DS games aren't as faked as GBA games, so I'd say you're good to go!

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I've got some questions :D
1. Why do people who are not from Japan, buy and play the Japanese versions of the Pokémon games?
2. Why do people prefer UT pokémon? (I assume it means untouched as in never participated in a battle or gained an EXP point)
3. Can you participate in events from other regions (for example, Japan) by using a Japanese game, or a Japanese ROM of the game through a flashcart?
4. Why do people demand nickname-able pokémon? Are there any pokémon that cannot be nicknamed?
5. Say I have a shiny Charmander. If I breed him with a Ditto (one who ISN'T from a different region), will the offspring have a higher chance of being shiny? Will it ALWAYS be shiny?
6. Are 'cloned' pokemon (through either AR codes, or GTS clone glitch or w.e) considered legit?
7. If I participate in a Nintendo event with a ROM via a flashcart, (For example, getting the recent Deoxys through Mystery Gift on an R4 with a Black 2 rom) considered legit?
8. What is up with Headbutt? I read somewhere that if a tree doesn't give a pokemon the first time, it never will & if it does, it always will. But then, on Serebii, I read that there are different kinds of tree, common and rare... I'm really confused :S

I think that's it for now :D Thanks!

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I've got some questions :D
1. Why do people who are not from Japan, buy and play the Japanese versions of the Pokémon games?
2. Why do people prefer UT pokémon? (I assume it means untouched as in never participated in a battle or gained an EXP point)
3. Can you participate in events from other regions (for example, Japan) by using a Japanese game, or a Japanese ROM of the game through a flashcart?
4. Why do people demand nickname-able pokémon? Are there any pokémon that cannot be nicknamed?
5. Say I have a shiny Charmander. If I breed him with a Ditto (one who ISN'T from a different region), will the offspring have a higher chance of being shiny? Will it ALWAYS be shiny?
6. Are 'cloned' pokemon (through either AR codes, or GTS clone glitch or w.e) considered legit?
7. If I participate in a Nintendo event with a ROM via a flashcart, (For example, getting the recent Deoxys through Mystery Gift on an R4 with a Black 2 rom) considered legit?
8. What is up with Headbutt? I read somewhere that if a tree doesn't give a pokemon the first time, it never will & if it does, it always will. But then, on Serebii, I read that there are different kinds of tree, common and rare... I'm really confused :S

I think that's it for now :D Thanks!

1. Some people like having foreign Pokemon, purely for collection or aesthetic reasons.
2. UT Pokemon are more desirable because they have not been tampered with. Therefore you can shape it to what ever you want. Events even more so for collectors, think of it as a rare new game from 10 years ago compared to a one that was opened and played with.
3. Yes you can, though only Wi-Fi events unless you plan to travel to the country in question for the local events.
4. Some people like nicknames because it gives the Pokemon more meaning, some don't. It's personal preference really.
5. No, if you breed shiny Pokemon together it will still be the same 1/8192. Unless you are playing G/S/C, in which case the chances increase, though it's variable depending on the species.
6. They are considered legit by only some people. In Trade Corner we allow cloned Pokemon to be traded as long as they are clones of legit Pokemon. However some people do not like them, be sure to ask them before trading!
7. Once again, some people consider them legit while some don't. Always ask the person in question before trading.
8. Headbutting trees only appears in G/S/C and HG/SS. Basically, some trees allow you to encounter Pokemon, while some will not ever contain Pokemon no matter how many times you Headbutt it. The specific kinds of trees are the ones that contain one kind of Pokemon that is not normally native to HG/SS and those Pokemon can only be found in one tree respectively.

Phew, is that it? I hope I answered your questions and gave you the answer you needed >.<

My question is, how do you clone Pokemon? And why do some people not like clones?

There are few different ways, glitch (on certain games), Action Replay, or Pokemon Editing Programs. Some people do not like clones because they view them as hacked or cheated.

Years
1. Some people like having foreign Pokemon, purely for collection or aesthetic reasons.
2. UT Pokemon are more desirable because they have not been tampered with. Therefore you can shape it to what ever you want. Events even more so for collectors, think of it as a rare new game from 10 years ago compared to a one that was opened and played with.
3. Yes you can, though only Wi-Fi events unless you plan to travel to the country in question for the local events.
4. Some people like nicknames because it gives the Pokemon more meaning, some don't. It's personal preference really.
5. No, if you breed shiny Pokemon together it will still be the same 1/8192. Unless you are playing G/S/C, in which case the chances increase, though it's variable depending on the species.
6. They are considered legit by only some people. In Trade Corner we allow cloned Pokemon to be traded as long as they are clones of legit Pokemon. However some people do not like them, be sure to ask them before trading!
7. Once again, some people consider them legit while some don't. Always ask the person in question before trading.
8. Headbutting trees only appears in G/S/C and HG/SS. Basically, some trees allow you to encounter Pokemon, while some will not ever contain Pokemon no matter how many times you Headbutt it. The specific kinds of trees are the ones that contain one kind of Pokemon that is not normally native to HG/SS and those Pokemon can only be found in one tree respectively.

Phew, is that it? I hope I answered your questions and gave you the answer you needed >.<

There are few different ways, glitch (on certain games), Action Replay, or Pokemon Editing Programs. Some people do not like clones because they view them as hacked or cheated.

Ok, got ya.

Also, apparently my PalPad is saved to my DS? Cause I just went to enter the WFC for the first time since I got my 3DS & all my PalPad entries are gone. Strange.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also, apparently my PalPad is saved to my DS? Cause I just went to enter the WFC for the first time since I got my 3DS & all my PalPad entries are gone. Strange.

This is true. When you swap consoles and go into WFC, your FC will change and your Pal Pad is erased. It depends on the console, so yeah. It happened to me too and it took me a while to realize it, haha.

Years
This is true. When you swap consoles and go into WFC, your FC will change and your Pal Pad is erased. It depends on the console, so yeah. It happened to me too and it took me a while to realize it, haha.

It changes your FC too?? *expletive* Lovely, I just gave my FC to somebody for a trade here in a few. Fiddle sticks! lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They'll understand! Your new FC should be in your Pal Pad. Just check it. :) If it's not, go into WFC and come back out and it'll definitely be there. Also, the last person I heard say "fiddle sticks" was my me maw, so thanks for reminding me of her haha. <3

Skyther

Over Achiever
Years
Leveling Up Question

Okay, I've fully EV Trained my Scyther and I was wondering if I should stop leveling it up at level 50, or continue all the way to level 100. I understand when you go to a VGC or Pokemon VG Event that your pokemon are reduced to level 50 and their stats are reduced to that of a pokemon's stats would be at level 50, but are their EV's kept the same?

I'm confused whether it would be a waste of time EV training then leveling up my pokemon to 100 if their stats are going to be reduced. So, here's the question again, after EV Traning, should I or do you level your pokemon to 100 or 50 for Video Game events.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
It really depends on if you want any of the moves that can only be learnt above level 50. In Scyther's case its Air Slash at level 53, Swords dance at level 57 and Feint at level 61. If you want those moves, go ahead. I not there isn't much use...

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Hey guys, the game is Leaf Green and I am in the seafoam cave, trying to get you know who. This seems to be the only way I can go, to the water that is too strong to use surf. How can I get past this? Any help is welcomed. I am a newbe, so please use newb talk if possible, thank you.

Pokemon_Leaf_Green_GBA_1371377263835.png

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hey guys, the game is Leaf Green and I am in the seafoam cave, trying to get you know who. This seems to be the only way I can go, to the water that is too strong to use surf. How can I get past this? Any help is welcomed. I am a newbe, so please use newb talk if possible, thank you.

Pokemon_Leaf_Green_GBA_1371377263835.png

You'll have to go to upper floors and push boulders into holes so that they block the water currents. That'll stop the water from moving and allow you to surf on it.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
You'll see them if you climb up the ladders, if that's what you mean. I don't remember the layout of the Seafoam Islands, so just explore a bit and you'll eventually find them. I know it's a pretty confusing place; once, I got lost there, so I just proceeded to Cinnabar from Pallet. =P You're welcome, and sorry for the late reply. ^-^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
For future reference, please use the Advance Generation Q&A thread when you have questions about LeafGreen. :) When games already have a section that has it's own specific Q&A thread, you use that one, not this one.

General Quick Questions and Answers thread rules said:
- If the question you're going to ask already has a forum dedicated to it, like Black and White, please ask in that section's Q&A thread. Your posts may be deleted if they are specific to one game that already has a thread or belong elsewhere entirely.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
For future reference, please use the Advance Generation Q&A thread when you have questions about LeafGreen. :) When games already have a section that has it's own specific Q&A thread, you use that one, not this one.

^^ Sorry I am no good on GENS so I do have trouble figuring out where to post, but I am getting better!

Hey I need a hand with GENS if anyone can help me, what GEN's do these Pokemon belong?

1. Riolu

2.Entai

3. Mudkip series

4. Minun and Plusle

Thank you!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Game cartridge issues

Ok, so I joined this forum back in February and asked what may have happened to my Pokémon Crystal game for GameBoy Color, as I hadn't played it since 2008 when I found out that all the game data had been erased. I was told that the battery dried up as to why the data was wiped out and that I need to replace the battery. Well, here is another problem I discovered today.

I decided to check today to see if my Gameboy Color worked at all after years of not using it. I have had it since 1998 when I got my first Pokémon game, the Yellow version. I also wanted to make sure the batteries in it weren't corroded as they've been in there a long time and didn't want my GameBoy Color to be ruined. They were in good shape and the GameBoy Color still worked, so I was relieved. I popped in my Crystal version to test and see and yep, it still says "new game" and "options", so it's still the same as when I found out it dried up. After this, I decided to see if my other Pokémon games, the Yellow, Blue and Silver versions, worked and still had the saved game data. I popped in my Silver version and found out that it too had all the data erased, so I felt down upon finding that. Next, the Yellow version, and again, all its data was gone. Lastly, the Blue version, and it said on the bottom of the screen "the file data is destroyed", so now all 4 of my Pokémon games are without their saved game data. It was bad enough that I found my Crystal version in that condition, and now the other three are like that.

How could all 4 of my Pokémon games for GameBoy Color lose their data like that? Is my Gameboy Color just old and not reading the cartridges? Did all of the cartridges just dry up and erase the data? I hadn't played any of them in 5 years or more after my Crystal version dried up and didn't think they would end up the same. Did not playing them for this long cause this? The last I checked on any of them was years ago and they were fine then, even after I found my Crystal version empty of data. I'm quite disappointed that I have to start all of them over again but can't if its a battery problem and needing to replace them all to keep saved data from being erased again.

Help me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back