• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Updating the first post with this:

Spoiler:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
This is very appealing to my eyes. I love the crests/badges nice designs overall everything looks wonderful thanks for the update.

LeahB

Le-ha88
Years
So far that I've seen, your game looks awesome. I'm looking forward to playing more.

Also, I noticed a minor problem in Felmore Town. In the row of buildings, west of the Pokemon Center, I was able to walk through the bottom of a tree and on top of the roofs of the houses. I'm not sure if you were already aware of it or not but I searched the thread and didn't see any mentioning of this.

Rayquaza.

Years
So after a very long time of quietly working on this game I've finally got to a point where I'm happy with everything. This means that I have been able to maintain a steady rate of progression which means the game will hopefully have a demo by December 25th. I've updated the main post in accordance with this as quoted below:

NEW%20LOGO_zpszycx7bjx.png

Introduction:

Okay to start off, hello. I'm Rayquaza./Rayquaza-Dot.

I've been interested in games development for nine years and have been on this community since 2011.
I have been developing this game for almost six - seven years and it has changed drastically over the years.
I'm happy to say that I have finally at a point where I'm happy with all the resources and details about the game and have recently been able to keep a steady rate of progress.

My aim is to create a fun Pokémon game that is aimed primarily at a more mature audience. And no, that doesn't mean there will be nudity or profanity, this means a game with a serious, potentially dark and thrilling storyline that you don't get from any of the main series Nintendo Pokémon games.

If I manage to keep this steady progress up I should have, and aim to have, a demo up by December 25th. So without any further adieu I present Pokémon Chaos!

The Story:

We start off in the once beautiful, now corrupt region of Sericoh.

town__map_small_by_rayquaza_dot-d848xb2.png

Usually new trainers would receive their first Pokémon at the age of ten or eleven, but eighteen years ago a suspected terrorist attack on Urbador City, the most populated cities in the region, almost destroyed a third of the region and claimed the lives of many innocents.

As a result the region was thrust into a state of emergency, the corrupt government passed many laws to keep the region and its people in check, this involved a complete region-wide lockdown, preventing anyone entering or leaving the Sericoh.

The Pokémon League was eventually forced to increase the age that children could receive a starter Pokémon, reduce the number of new trainers per year and introduce a scheme for potential trainers that would test their ability as Pokémon trainers, their ability to defend themselves and whether they could present a threat to the region.

And now to you:
Your seventeenth birthday is right around the corner and when that day arrives, you'll have the opportunity to receive one of three Starter Pokémon. You, along with your two friends, will travel the region, to collect the eight badges of Sericoh and enter the Pokémon League...

...but that is only a small extent of your true story, throughout your journey you will meet new people, uncover the legend of Sericoh, obtain untold power and discover the truth behind the region's corruption.

Team Shadow:

A mysterious organised crime syndicate that operates throughout the region.

Sericoh authorities know almost nothing about them but believe them to be incredibly dangerous. Most attempts to capture members of the organisation end in failure but any successful attempts ultimately end in the members they capture ingesting a cyanide pill.

So far all missions have been strictly covert but recently there have been more and more sightings of individual members.

The government keeps any incidences involving the organisation quiet to avoid panic but as an indirect result allows individual members to go about unnoticed in public.

Features:

• A Dual Screen Interface with Mouse Input
• An Enhanced Vs Sequence
• A Brand New Region to explore with over 200 Pokémon
• An exciting story for a more mature audience
• Many more

Gym Badges & the Pokémon Leadge:

Hierarchy%202_zpsr9r5gxiw.png

Screenshots:

new_menu_by_rayquaza_dot-d8zoh4w.gif
Battle_zpssopnyqen.png
pokmon_chaos_vs_sequence_by_rayquaza_dot-d98p2o0.gif

Screenshots_zpspyd9iwyk.png

How Can You Help?:

I am currently looking for Beta Testers to find any problems with my game before I release the demo.

You can also show your support by sending feedback about the game - How I could improve the story, how I could make the gameplay more exciting, etc - and you can show your support further by putting one of the following support banners in your signature.

SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_1_zpsfadb9258.png
SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_2_zps5550b9f1.png
SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/SupportBar_3_zpsae4bfc5e.png

Downloads:

Sit tight folks! There should be a demo available by December 25th!

Credits:

• KleinStudio
• Maruno
• Kyledove
• Magiscarf
• Ultimospriter
• BoOmxBiG
• Heavy-Metal-Lover
• Ankokou Flare
• PokeFan41
• Enterbrain
• Nintendo

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
This looks really good! I can't wait to see how it develops and to try it! So your still looking for beta testers? If so, could I possibly be one?

Rayquaza.

Years
So far I've tested up to the second Gym in my little test run before I give this to the beta testers. Things are going well so far. :)

outside_the_gym_by_rayquaza_dot-d9jdx2j.png
all_these_pwitty_interfaces_by_rayquaza_dot-d9jdu4o.png

Rayquaza.

Years

Pokémon Chaos Demo Delayed
pokemon_chaos_demo_delayed_by_rayquaza_dot-d9k7jz3.png

So yes, I know what you're thinking. Typical! I'd like to, firstly, apologise for the delay. Secondly I'd like to explain the reasoning for the delay of the demo:

I am on Christmas Holidays but I am held down by coursework and by my family wanting to spend time with me and, of course, these things take precedence.
In addition I won't be able to get the game out to the beta testers and then have enough time to fix any problems they find by December 25th. I also figured no-one will really be downloading and playing my demo on Christmas day anyway.

This delay, until January 5th, should give me enough time to get real life out of the way and give me time to work on this, get it out to the testers, fix any issues and release the demo to the public.

Again, I apologise for the delay and the un-professionalism and hope you guys can understand.
Enjoy your Christmas. :)

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
This game looks promising! Don't stress about the delay, it's a very difficult time of year to be trying to get this done!

Just looking at that screenshot in front of the gym, that's the HG/SS gym right? Then you're using custom tiles for the plants and terrain? Asking more out of curiosity than anything.

Rayquaza.

Years
Ok so the demo is now available for the beta testers so now we wait until any bugs pop up during testing so that I can fix them in time for the release.

Rayquaza.

Years
I have some updates:

Firstly, the demo WAS supposed to be released on the 5th, I feel I'm letting everyone down by being unable to release it yet as I've heard nothing from any of my beta testers.

Secondly, in light of that I am currently debugging it myself. I don't know when I can release it as it's very difficult to spot flaws in your own work. Luckily I have friends at uni who are helping me debug the game and have spotted some major errors already.

I'll keep everyone updated, I can't stress how much I want to release this demo and, one day, a completed game.

Back