• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GSH's GBA Music Knowledge

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
Years
GSH's%20GBA%20Music%20Knowledge%20logo.png

Info on Tables and Header in GBA music:​
Spoiler:

My ELF Method for inserting Pokemon Music:​
Spoiler:

Thanks everyone for reading. From GSH.​

Last edited:

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Does it destroy the whole ROM or does it only destroy your song?

If it destroys only your song I think I know the reason.
When you convert your midis using midi2agb and you have two measures that are exactly the same (which happens usually) there is a command that calls a subsection (byte 0xB3) and after that the pointer to the subsection follows and the pointer depends on where you have placed the track in you ROM (the same can happens when you want to loop the song with the byte 0xB2).
So if you have placed your track to the offset 0x800000 you have to add it to all of the pointers, so if you have a pointer in your song that looks like this 0x8000100 you just add your offset where you saved the track => 0x8800100.

But when you import the tracks using Sappy it does that for you automatically.

I hoped I help you...

If this doesn't helped I cannot help anymore because I have never used this method...

Last edited:

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Unfortunately, Sappy 200X only works for older 64-bit computers. Most people today use 32x computers. Do you happen to know what the header is for the Wild Battle? And if not, could you create a tutorial with using Song Inserter?

gamesharkhacker

Years
Unfortunately, Sappy 200X only works for older 64-bit computers. Most people today use 32x computers. Do you happen to know what the header is for the Wild Battle? And if not, could you create a tutorial with using Song Inserter?

I've been using Sappy 2006 mod 15 lately... linkylinky
And what Wild Battle theme? Would you like the Pokemon Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Crystal, Silver, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, or White offset? :P

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
I added a new song using sappy, but I would like a certain trainer class to play that particular song. Unfortunately I can't find the pointer from the trainer class to the song it plays( since each trainer class has it's predetermined song while battling them, like a leader and the champion). Do you happen to know how to change the pointer to your own song.

P.S. I added a song in sappy, I didn't erase any. It's not my intention to overwrite the song since other trainer classes should still be able to use them.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
I added a new song using sappy, but I would like a certain trainer class to play that particular song. Unfortunately I can't find the pointer from the trainer class to the song it plays( since each trainer class has it's predetermined song while battling them, like a leader and the champion). Do you happen to know how to change the pointer to your own song.

P.S. I added a song in sappy, I didn't erase any. It's not my intention to overwrite the song since other trainer classes should still be able to use them.

Yeah, I'm trying to find out the same thing. I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere.

gamesharkhacker

Years
Hello :L

Yeah, I'm trying to find out the same thing. I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere.

If your talking about having different songs for say, a Youngster and a like Electrician, its impossible, well its possible, but i dont suppose you guys know anyone whos willing to do some severe ASM hacking?

supershadow64ds

Confused Noob Programmer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I've been using Sappy 2006 mod 15 lately... linkylinky
And what Wild Battle theme? Would you like the Pokemon Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Gold, Crystal, Silver, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, or White offset? :P
I apologize for not specifying, but I require the Fire Red both Wild, and Trainer battle themes.

And please do not say "Google is your friend" or any statement similar, Google is not helpful.

Back