• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Absol's Super Luck! Luckiest Experiences

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
Years
A thread to post your luckiest experiences in the entirety of the series. What was the luckiest thing you ever accomplished? A crazy Shiny different from all the rest? Maybe you found a perfect IV 'mon in the wild? Or something amazingly lucky happened that was also bad luck, like a Selfdestructing Shiny, or a Shiny Beldum that recoil-damaged itself to death?

My personal luckiest are finding a Shiny Magnemite within two hours of playing Ultra Sun for the first time, and this recent acquisition, with a held item so rare, you need to win 200-straight Battle Tree fights or walk 9,999,999 steps with the Pokewalker!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nQ0msGoBrDU182SFBqemdEcTRNaEhJVFlPMVJvZ2F5ZzhR/view?usp=sharing
(The image won't display for some reason... you'll have to use the link.)

What was the luckiest experience in your journey as a Trainer?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I once found a Shiny Crobat, although that was on a Rom Hack and I would rather have found it on an actual game. It's my favorite Pokemon regardless, so that was my luckiest experience.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Catching Cobalion in B2 with the second Ultra Ball I threw...It was paralyzed and at very low HP, but still! Wasn't expecting that.

Actually, in that same playthrough, I caught Virizion in a regular Pokeball. I had reset the game a frustrating amount of times trying to catch it, and I only threw the Pokeball to stall for the Timer Balls I also had in the bag, but then - shake, shake, shake click! o.O

Also in B2, finding four Tynamo in Chargestone Cave without even looking. Caught them all, of course, and named them Stranger, Zephyr, Blinker and Wrecker. I have since added another from Seaside Cave (Shifter) to the squad. Just for kicks I keep them at the same levels with identical movesets, and only have one in my party at a time when I'm not grinding, determined by a random number generator.

Statistically speaking, my luckiest experience was getting my first and only Pokerus infection midway through Black - it must've been from a wild Pokemon, because I hadn't been interacting via Wi-Fi!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I found 2 fish chain shinies on chains of 4. Staryu and Alomomola.

But on Aug 20th I found 5 different shinies using 5 different methods. My record was 3 in one day. I had started a few of the hunts previous. In the aftertoon I found a shiny Hoppip in a horde. Then later in the day I found a shiny Grimer Dexnaving. It was about 550 encounters total but only did about 30 that day. Then I started a friend safari hunt and got a Forretress shiny. After that it was 10pm so I decided to do a fast hunt and fish for Shellder. I luckily got the Shellder and not a 7th Clauncher.

It was 11pm and I really wanted to get 5 shinies in one day and thought about doing another fish chain but when I noticed my previous 4 shinies were from 4 different methods I decided to try masuda for Sudowoodo. I had already hatched 450 eggs before this day and hatched 10 more and got the shiny. I don't have shiny charm.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I hope you guys don't mind me telling a luck based story that isn't about shiny pokemon. This happened to me last night.
I'm playing through Soul Silver and I was training my pokemon just outside of Goldenrod last night, trying to grind my pokemon before fighting Whitney. I fought some trainer who had a couple of pokemon and he was using a Hoothoot that was giving me a rough time. I was using my Togepi which the Hoothoot had whittled down to about 6HP but the Hoothoot was at full health.
On my turn, I decided to get risky and use Metronome...
Metronome turned into Thunder and OHKO'd the little Hoothoot.
Of the hundreds of moves that Metronome could have become, it became not only the weakness of the Hoothoot but also was just a major overkill and it landed when the odds seemed completely against me.
If that ain't super luck, I don't know what is.

I'll go ahead and throw in one of my favorite shiny acquisition stories as well. About a month ago I was breeding male Clefairy in my Moon version in order to transfer Gravity as an egg move to Jigglypuff. Literally the second Clefairy egg I hatched was a shiny Cleffa. I've gotten random Shiny pokemon before out of luck, but that is the fastest I have ever found a shiny pokemon without trying while breeding.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Oh man, I almost forgot, but I have a story nearly identical to MisterCoffee's!!

Recently in Platinum, I was going through Cycling Road with a low-leveled team when I accidentally got into a trainer battle. The guy's Staravia beat me down - My highest level Poke almost KO'd it before fainting, but it hung on with 4HP. My last Pokemon was a recently-hatched Togepi with only Metronome as an attacking move...

...I send him in, preparing to black out. Staravia outspeeds and uses Endeavor instead of an attacking move. Togepi uses Metronome. Thundershock. Battle won.

I was so proud of my hatchling! XD

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I'm not particularly 'lucky" in pokemon games, but my boyfriend caught Solgaleo in a poke ball.... At yellow health.

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
Years
All forms of luck from the games are welcome here, not just shinies. Maybe you managed to
Spoiler:
on your first try? Or perhaps catching a Shiny that also had Pokerus?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I put a choice scarf on my Dunsparce with Serene Grace, got consecutive flinches with headbutt on NPC trainers.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
My luckiest Pokémon moment off the top of my head was finding a Shiny Nidoran-M in FireRed's Safari Zone and catching it before it could flee.

Sadly, I no-longer have said Shiny. Someone borrowed the game and lost the cartridge. RIP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I forgot about that but a shiny Onix I caught in friend safari had Pokerus.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I'm going through the wormholes looking for legendaries. I've ran into Azelf, Mewtwo and Heatran so far in Ultra Sun. I don't know if it's some kind of glitch, or I'm just lucky but I use false swipe a few times, stun spore throw ONE Ultra ball and caught all three, with ONE ultra ball each. I'm usually here for a little while at least. I thought about using the Master Bll on Mewtwo but no need to now.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
This isn't luck or anything, but just now I happened to get an Alakazam while wondertrading a Vanillite...yeah somethings wrong here...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My luckiest in-game battling experience was in my recent Ultra Sun Grass Monotype against Elite Four Kahili my well levelled but largely slow team was losing badly leaving me with an underlevelled Shiny Shiftry and a Lilligant which knew only Grass Moves...

Go Lilligant.
Lilligant used Giga Drain. Braviary fainted.
Kahili sent out Mandibuzz
Lilligant used Sleep Powder, It missed.
Mandibuzz used Flatter. Lilligant's Special Attack Rose and Own Tempo ability meant Lilligant was not confused.
Lilligant used Sleep Powder. Mandibuzz fell asleep.
Lilligant used Quiver Dance. Her special attack, SpD and speedrose.
Mandibuzz is fast asleep.
Lilligant used Quiver Dance. Her Special Attack, SpD and speed rose.
Mandibuzz used Punishment. Lilligant now in Red health.
Lilligant used Petal Dance. Mandibuzz fainted.
Kahili sent out Toucannon
Lilligant used Petal Dance. Toucannon fainted.
Kahili sent out Hawlucha.
Lilligant used Petal Dance. Hawlucha fainted.
Kahili sent out Fire Oricorio.
Lilligant used Petal Dance. Oricorio survives on Red health.
Dancer activates. Oricorio used Petal Dance. Lilligant fainted.
Go Shiftry.
Shiftry used Fake Out. Oricorio fainted.
You defeated Kahili.

Lilligant had somehow managed to near sweep Kahili's team with a heavy type disadvantage and won the match I had no business winning. She was indeed a very naughty yet heroic Lilligant. :)

Years
I had some beginniner's luck on my first play through of Pokemon Yellow. Articuno used ice beam and froze Mewtwo solid on the first turn. As you know in gen 1 a freeze hax is the end of the game, a pokemon can never ever thaw out on its own. I caught Mewtwo with a single pokeball. My team did not take one hit point of damage. How Arceus loves to play practical jokes.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My most luckiest moment I'd say was in a Gen 6 Competitive Battle. I had only Weavile left and I was opposing a Charizard Y with full HP and there was still a Alakazam left. I knew I'd outspeed both if Alakazam wasn't scarfed. The problem was that I wasn't going to OHKO Charizard Y but it would OHKO me with Flamethrower. So I went for Icicle Crash and started to scream FLINCH! FLINCH! FLINCH! to the screen. And I got the flinch and landed another Icicle Crash to KO Charizard and outsped Alakazam hit it with Night Slash and won. I was very happy ;)

Edit: Ok it was a bit different than what I told here hehe but it was similar for those who want to see it
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-397815003
It was a fine battle but I noticed that I had fotgotten about my Chanseys Natural Cure hahah

Last edited:
Years
Defeating a guy in the Gen 6 battle spot with a team without any legendaries on it against his Primal Groudon, Mega Mewtwo, Rayquaza... you get the idea.

Catching Landorus in Alpha Sapphire at full health in the first ball I threw at him (a Quick Ball).

Back