• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A deck for my sister's first battle roads: SpeedZeeb Hammers?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Okay. This is going to be my sister's first tournament. She's 10 and I'm assuming to the Junior division? (she's never played at league OR tourneys) Anyway... Since in our area, the juniors like to use special energy and they run weird decks like tornadus/emboar, and stuff like that. So, I'm making a deck that fits in with the rest, AND counters pretty much all of the juniors in san diego. So, here are the cards I'm trying to put together right now.

Pokemon

3-3 Zebstrika (Cant find my blitzle!!! :)
4 Zekrom
2 Tornadus-EX
3-2-2 Reuniclus (wha?)
2 Aerodactyl (.-.)

t/s/s

4-4 Hammers
4 Tool Scrapper
4 Level Ball
4 Comms
2 Switch
3 Candy
3 Random Receiver
2 +Power
? Max Potion
? Exp Share?
? SuperScoopUp
3/4 Cheren
3 N
1 Bianca
(no juniper?)
? Cilan (cant find it!!!)
3? Old Amber
2 Skyarrow Bridge
3 Twist Mountain

11 Lightning
4 DCE

The first thing you may notice about this deck is: WHY DON'T YOU RUN EELEKTRIK???? 1. I traded them away, and 2. This is NOT ZEELS. This deck is built around Disconnect and Hammertime.

Why Reuniclus? I use that because the Pokémon I have in this deck have pretty low HP, and most of them can be OHKO'd by darkrais etc. But, guess how many darkrais the juniors have? NONE. So, unless they're running something like zekeels or reshiboar, you're in pretty good shape.

Main Strategy:

Setup zebra's by turn two with level ball. Lock their trainers and setup everyone else. Reuniclus should be a priority, next comes tornadus and zekrom. (You could try and Donk w/ tornadus because of all 5 stadiums.) Aerodactyl's in there because 1. Zebstrika does SO little damage, that he'll need it AND +power. Zekrom is there because I have reuniclus, so why not put in Zekrom. Outrage. Period.

I dont run juniper in this deck because... well... its actually pretty funny. I only own four, and they're all in my hydreigon darkrai deck lol.

Last edited:
Years
This deck is just so far out in left field that I might have to try it at MY next BRs. Even though I don't have half of the 'mons for it.

I think it'll be perfectly fine for Juniors. The big key is getting your sister familiarized with it. She won't top cut with it if she doesn't know how it works.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Yeah... the trouble with this deck is that its just to slow on getting prizes. Maybe just straight Zebstrika Aerodactyl Tornadus with hammers? idk... Do you know of any Speed Tornadus decks that only run 2 Tornadus :) ? haha i just cant get a hold of more Tornadus. Or Garbodor for Zebstrika... ;)

Years
Well, right now, you're more of an expert on the new format than me, so if you don't know of new format stuff, then I'm even further out of the loop at the moment (I keep way too busy these days - haven't even had time to read up on how people think the new format will look the whole summer).

Back