• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] "Past of the Past": A Beta Johto Journey (IC)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

kxTiEHX.png
aV2IdoI.png

Name: Sora Asai
Invetory: Notebooks x10, unspecified number of pens and pencils, List of Known Ice Type Pokemon, and a picture is sister drew.
Pokemon: Kurusu (Koru)

"Sore.....well I could also be soarrrin' and flyyyin'." Sora remarked, more to himself than anything.

He looked at the other members of the group that had formed. He had to admit that what they were saying wasn't going to get them far.

"I know we are dealing with the cold and maybe a pokemon did do this, but are we even still in Cherrygrove Village? The temperature just doesn't change out of the blue like that. And I was here before sunset and there was still people getting ready for their day, so where are they?" Sora asked.

He listened to Prof. Elm continue to sound like some type of confused Porygon that didn't know how to stream data.

"Daisy... I think that was your name... commanding someone isn't going to get anywhere. I don't know how you lived before, but I can tell by your attitude that you seem to think you have more rights than anyone. Let me tell you this, you aren't home anymore. Not everyone is going to take stuff from you. Especially not Elm who seems to be a confused Porygon right now. I am not telling you that out of hatred, I am telling you that for your own good." Sora said in a calm, but slightly annoyed voice. Not just because of Daisy, but because of the entire scenario.

Sora didn't like acting to way he did, but he thought it was best to tell her what he thought before he yelled out of annoyance.

He listed to Alton has he pointed out someone sweeping who he had not noticed, "Seems like he is the only choice we have right now. We may as well try out luck there." Sora said.

"Yeah excuse us, can you tell us what one earth is going on? The temperature just doesn't change out of the blue like this. Not everyone was expecting it." Sora added to what Alton said.

He wonder about the trainer who ran off, but right now it was best to find a place to warm up. He looked at Kazuko who seemed more cold than than the others. Even with her fire pokemon, he could visibly see her shaking.

Sora unwrapped his scarf is tried to hand it to Kazuko, "Here, you can use this for now. I can tell you seem to be having a bigger problem with the cold. I have been colder. I'll be fine. Would suck to get sick on our first day of traveling... er... however long it has been now." Sora spoke, his breath puffing out in front of him.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
On the break of dawn...
The Yokai will rise once more.
????????????

ACT I

The dawn broke in the village of Cherrygrove. Somewhere a little beyond the shore of the village came a small structure. Many business-looking men came around for what it seemed to be a gathering. They mingled with one another, drinking and laughing to their hearts' content. They seemed to be celebrating something. The men's chatter could be heard from different parts of the building. Deep in one of the many rooms of the building was another seemingly dark space. Two of those men went inside, and activated the lights. They both grinned arrogantly as they saw as expected: a lone safe that was up against the white walls. They both approached it.

From each of their excited looks, it seems as thought whatever was inside that safe was the caused of their celebration. They seemingly hit it big time and were soon going to be reaping the awards and benefits. One of the men approached the lock on the safe. They twisted and turned it, until the combination released it open. But when they opened it... their looks turned into disbelief.

It's gone!

The men who partied from the neighboring room eventually all rushed in from the shout. The sounds of contempt. Naturally concerned about what happened, they too were in shock about the empty safe... until one of them reached in to take out what they saw, was a small card. It was a calling card with what it seemed like yokai mask symbol on it.

"This can't BE!" One of them vented, punching against a nearby wall, only to hold his hand comforting it from the throbbing pain. While he was doing it, he happened to glance up on the ceiling. One of the upper glass windows had been cut carefully, enough for one sole person to quietly hop on through if they had a rope. The time frame to do that was roughly 30 minutes ever since the party began and no one had the thought to check the safe at that time. In addition, whoever did this would of had the skill to crack open this safe and not take too much time doing this. The cause of this could only be one person.

She stood on top of the small building's rooftop, as the cool breeze flowed through her jet black hair. Her silver, yellow and red coloured kimono weaved with it as well. She was holding what it looked like a deep, bold red orb that glistened with the rising sun. She looked down towards the sound of the building's door being blasted open as the men in suits all rushed out. They all stared menacingly at the rooftop, their eyes gazed upon their precious red orb seized by the woman who wore a white yokai mask.

"I knew it... it's you!" one of them shouted. The woman remained silent as they all exchanged glances and spiteful insults towards her. "I thought the stories were some punk's fairy tale, but you're that damn yokai of the mist... Sakura Koto!"

She brushed off the hair that brushed up against the yokai mask she was wearing, due to the breeze. Carrying the red orb she obtained, she then made a brazen leap, towards the next nearby building that didn't seem all too far for her to jump from. The men followed in pursuit of her, pushing aside each resident who stood in their way, who were simply standing by, witnessing this pursuit.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
CHERRYGROVE VILLAGE
@ Village Square​

The middle-aged man in a thick wool robe snapped his head up, as something touched his shoulder and he was unexpectedly addressed. He crawled back from the narrow space beneath his small patio to see he was surrounded by strangers. Pushing himself off of all fours and sitting back on his heels, the grounded man grabbed his broomstick defensively and gave the lot a once-over.

"Tell you what's going on?" asked the man, sounding entirely incredulous. He squinted his thin eyes at the young man in the odd hat and waistcoat, and then the boy who prompted his questioning response. "I'll tell you what: I think I've got rats under here and I'm trying to swat them out. But you bunch sneaked up on me dressed like it's the end of summer. And you," he pointed his broom at Sora, "must be crazy to think winter weather's just 'out of the blue'. It's been this nippy for the past month and a half! Have you been living under my house?"

He was about to draw another forward observation directed at Alton, just for the young man's association with the odd few, when he saw the person slumped against their shoulder. Despite the dirtied lab coat and oozing face, he was unmistakably recognizable.

"Professor Elm?" With some genuine concern, the resident hoisted himself up to his feet. "That's you, isn't it?"

"Fool me twice!" Elm shouted in Alton's ear.

"For all the goodness in the world, that's not an answer, Professor!" The robed man took a step forward, squinting up at Elm. "And you look terribly bloody! What happened?"

Elm sniffed and smacked his lips before reciting: "Bright lights. No nights. Sight muggy. Dune buggy."

"... Is this man concussed?" The question was more for himself than the others, as the resident promptly brandished his broom. "You kids better tell me what you put the Professor through! That man only deals with promising Trainers! Do you even have Trainer Licenses and ID? How'd the police let you through the blockade?"

Elm started humming loudly as he bled on Alton's cheek.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Upon engagement, the robed man backed off in surprise to his sudden appearance, uninvited strangers too following their interest for the lone man who he thought as mighty suspicious. At first, he thought that if the person he is talking with resorted to violence in either words or actions, there is no room for doubt.

"Darn, he's tough." However, it appeared that the robed man didn't seem to be giving any fight and instead looked confused with what has just happened few minutes ago, now inquiring what happened to the red-faced man and blaming the Trainers for what he has yet to know.

Despite looking a tad calmer compared with the others, he was actually more or less too wary to the point of being unsure and nervous. He bit his lips, changing his expression into what anyone couldn't really guess what he was up to while still waiting for the conversation to go, only for him to gradually lose his competence for further argument.

"What should I do now? I can't really see him as a guilty individual..." He thought, "But turning silent isn't really my style. I'll have to make my move soon."

"You see, I'm not well informed with what has just happened at this hour. You people from the outside should've known more and it'd be best to explain what you witnessed during the time it happened." Said the detective.

"Is this the best course of action? I think I should add a little bit."

"Obviously, I... I, uh, I... too don't really know what makes him this red so... maybe we gotta ask them first! Yeah! How come they can go past the blockade if they're...uh, not qualified?!" He suggested with increasing volume, cold sweats running down from his forehead through his face grinning towards the other three. He sounded like somebody who forgot to write his essay and have to bullsh!t loads of words, and only to fail at it too. So to not let them see him slip, he clamped his mouth and waited again.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A Whole New World​
Part Four

The behatted young man was visibly sweating. Alton wondered vaguely if he, too, was concussed before turning his attention to the older resident and waving his identification. ?I?m a trainer, sir. I think a few of us have been caught up in some sort of? incident? We?re not sure what?s happened, but-? he glanced at Elm, who was looking worse by the minute. ?-the professor could probably use some professional treatment.?

The broomstick swung to point at Alton as the man peered at the presented booklet. He let out a low grunt. "What sort of incident? If it's those ferals that've overtaken the route between Silent Hills and here, then you're a brave lot. They got you good, didn?t they? The police won?t let you head back in that state."

His shoulders slumped in defeat, the broom falling with them. "You know, their blockade?s been putting a real strain on my ApriBall business. Pokemon Training finally picked up but now I can't even deliver my capsules out to the lab! Gotta pay for shipping now, and stamps are expensive. Your ID?s some months fresh- I?m betting you didn?t get any additional ApriBalls with your starting monster. Sorry about that.?

He turned away and took a step up on his patio. "But enough about business. The village doctor's asleep like everybody else at this hour, but I could maybe fix up the professor. You all don't file right into my house now. It's a small place not meant for parties."

"I'll help him in, if you don't mind. I'm not sure he's doing very well..." Some months, had he said? Time travel was a definite, then. Maybe it wasn't all that had happened, but it was something to go on. At least they weren't too far- Alton shuddered to imagine if they had been flung far into an unfamiliar future, nearly impossible to acclimate to. Or the distant past, more dangerous than the wild present. The science fiction he'd read voraciously as a child was coming back to haunt him.

Alton grabbed at another thread of conversation to distract himself from the mounting horrors of his imagination. "You're an ApriBall craftsman?"

"Yeah," he said, opening the sliding door leading into his home. "I'm one of the few out there upholding the Johtoean tradition of making sturdy work out of Apricorn fruit. Very recently, we've merged the delicate craftsmanship of the past with technology of the future, to produce ApriBalls: the cheaper but just as reliable version of PokeBalls. The propaganda team should consider a snappier slogan, I think."

The man stepped through the narrow entrance hall, taking off his wood sandals at the welcome mat. The corridor opens up into a small room- a combination living room, dining room, and kitchen. The aesthetic is traditionally Cherrygrove, as cabinets, shelves, and furniture are made from the village's namesake.

"You all make yourselves comfortable on the sofa," he told everyone who followed. "Just don't dirty the cushions. And don't make a racket?like I said, the wife's asleep."

The robed man stole away across the tatami mats and into another room, closing a screen door behind him. The low-rise sofa that sat on the floor faced a short table and a television atop a bookcase. Alton set Elm down gently, pulling a spare shirt out of his backpack to protect the furniture before laying the bleeding man down on the sofa. "Are you doing alright, professor?"

Elm groaned heavily before quickly shutting himself up. "Shhh," he whispered. "Not my house. Shhh. No car. No keys. New season. Pokemon."

"We've definitely traveled in time, Professor, I've gotten proof. You still think this is the work of a Pok?mon?"

He shut his eyes as the blood now sluggishly rolled over his lids. "How we here? Teleport? From what?"

"I don't know how we all got to the square- I was hoping you had ideas. But we... we walked to this house, so..." Alton rescued his handkerchief and used it to blot at Elm's face.

The Professor was quiet for a time. His breath slowly drew steady. Finally, he muttered, "This is truly a predicament, Alton."

"It really is, Professor. What should we do?"

"... We proceed."

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently in

Cherrygrove Village

with

Tua,
Robed Man
and
Professor Elm

attempting to

make sure Professor
Elm doesn't die.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

kxTiEHX.png
aV2IdoI.png

Name: Sora Asai

Invetory: Notebooks x10, unspecified number of pens and pencils, List of Known Ice Type Pokemon, and a picture is sister drew.

Sora was waiting for the girl to take his scarf, but after hearing the explanation from the old man, he couldn't wait any longer. So instead, he placed the scarf around Kazuko's pokemon.

"There you go buddy. Get that warm for your trainer." He said as he turned away from the girl and gave the man his full attention.

Before they walked into the house, Sora spoke up, "There was no blockade. I traveled through Route 29 with no problems. I don't recall there being any type of blockade. I arrived in town early this morning and headed down to the beach where there was a flash. I think something happened at that point, which I think Prof. Elm may be trying to explain, but he sounds mad and confused. That is the last thing I remember anyway."

Sora had let is sarcasm drop as he looked back at the others and then turned to follow Alton in. As he entered, he was trying to be silent. Sora came up with an idea to help his hand so all attention could focus on everyone else, especially Elm, so no one had to worry about him.

"Koru, come out please, but don't be loud." He said, as he lifted the pokeball with his right hand. Koru appeared on the floor and looked around, taking in why he should be quiet and nodded.

Sora squatted down and showed Koru his hand. The pokemon started to rub against in a fearful state. The sliminess oozing over his hand.

"Don't worry Koru. It will be fine. When we were on Route 29, I looked you up in the pokedex, which is now useless.... But I read that you could use Powder Snow, can you use that move?" Sora asked.

Koru thought for a moment and puffed out a light dusty snow, which melted from the heat in the house. Sora smiled.

"Awesome, I want you to use a weak powder snow on my hand. It will temporary freeze my hand, which should remove most of the heat from it, removing most of the burn in the process. There may be some red spots, but it shouldn't be burning anymore." Sora said.

Koru nodded and took in air and blew out a weak Powder Snow onto his hand. His hand started to freeze. The snow turned to a very cold water which then covered his hand, removing most of the heat, leaving faint traces of the burn in the form of small to medium blisters. His hand was still red, but not as red as it was. Sora put his other hand on Koru's head and started to pet it.

"Thanks Koru, you are welcome to stay on my shoulder if you want." Sora said.

Koru nodded and slithered up his body and plopped itself on his shoulder.

Sora stood from his squat and walk over to where Alton was, "Yeah time has passed. At least 3 months I would say, judging by what the old man said, I'd guess it is at least January, maybe February. Time has passed, but is that the only thing? Also, that flash we saw, Elm said it was a Pokemon, I think. B I don't think it was a Celebi which is the only pokemon said to travel through time that I can recall. Then again, I didn't really see a pokemon, it was too bright anyway. It wouldn't be too odd for some type of pokemon to have possibly transferred us to another dimension as well, but... I don't know of any pokemon who can do that. I mean I have read stuff about other regions, but I would think those were just myths."

Sora wanted to figure out what was going on. He wanted to know everything about this situation. Would his mother and sister believe him? Were they worried about him? He was sure they were. He wanted to make a beeline to Mahogany Town, but if there were blockades, would it even be possible to get there?

"I wonder... if we have been transferred to a future, would there be missing posters up for us? I know we are trainers, but I'd think our families would be worried if they hadn't heard from some of us in a while. We should at least be around a time where Prof. Elm is known... possibly not long from our previous date since the old man seemed to recognize Prof. Elm without thinking he looked younger or older, just beat up. " Sora said.

Sora started to look around the home for a calendar or something so he could get an idea of the date and possibly the year they were in.

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Entry: -86
| |

どうぐ
Pok%C3%A9monDollar_III.png
Items
Poké Balls
Medicine
Key Items

SMALL TALK

The sun set and most of the passengers went to sleep, but a few—mostly sailors and dockers—climbed out of their cabins and basked in the brisk air outside. The entire deck was saturated in a briny tang, and workers couldn't help but leave behind a pernicious stench of tobacco during their breaks. The smell was all too familiar.
----
Sickness robbed his entire body of its weight; a merciless force drove him straight to the brink. The fingers of his left hand desperately latched onto the taffrail that was callously made too short, and just barely, he averted his fall. He slumped against the rails and cast a look down into the abyss, silently observing the murky reflections of a face. He felt a disproportionate pair of eyes on him, their judgement was unscrupulous. The surge of a sour, rancid taste temporally rejuvenated his spirit before he slumped back into languor.
----
The moon lit up the entire seascape, becoming an attraction for sightseers. Close to the horizon there was a swarm of Magikarp, their orange scales complemented the very tides they swam through. Banal creatures with forlorn strength, and as they struggled through the treacherous currents, the St. Anne lazily drifted to its destination.
----
He remembered a woman joining him. She was modestly dressed, but her physical features were notably blank; virtually no greasepaint to embellish her countenance. And after seeing all the women aboard with grating masks, such audacity was a fresh change of pace. How quaint for someone to be out here, he thought.
----
Alluring as she was, she gave off the air of a maverick with her silence. It was blatant she too detested the garish festivities of St. Anne, and find refuge in solitude. Her arrival was not meant to be taken as a serendipity and he deduced that she only chose this spot to distance herself from the uncouth sailors. In the end, she was just another woman.

---​

----
Agony down in his abdomen—perhaps it was the influence of poison in his system that he found himself unable to fall asleep. The darkened walls in his cabin posed a cramped confinement, and it isolated him from the seams of reality. In his detached state of mind, he stared at the ceiling endlessly, contemplating and reflecting. The sight of the anomaly's ebullient face managed to break him out of his trance.
----
"Cripes, you really don't like staying inside the bag, do you?" Sabi faintly scoffed at the creature, perplexed by its bubbly demeanor. "I guess you just hate staying cooped up. I guess that's one thing we have in common."
----
"Pew!!" it emitted ecstatically.
----
"Hey, hey!" he sat up and promptly gestured at the creature to keep quiet, though its lack of reaction suggested an inability to comprehend—unsurprising given that it was difficult to get most Pokémon to understand basic commands.
----
He curiously observed it while it frolicked about in the room, its luminous exterior made prominent inside the dimly-lit cabin. He questioned its merry expression and how it was dubiously void of stress and misery. Still, it was intoxicating just to watch it capering mindlessly, even if it was somewhat obtuse.
----
"You know... I never gave you a name, did I?" he realized. "I suppose I could always stick to old classics like 'Shithead' or 'Fart Wart', but that probably comes off as more mean-spirited than jocular."
----
"Pew!"
----
"Maybe I could call you something pretentious, like Sisyphus or Mea Culpa. Maybe Errol? Actually, only an shit-stained succotash would use a name as tragic as that."
----
"Pew?"
----
"Honestly, naming you would be fruitless. I mean, I always thought it was pretty ostentatious to give Pokémon their own monikers—just another deluded attempt to humanize something that isn't human." He smeared his eyes, exasperated. "But I guess trying to converse with you is no different. Funny how I always act like I'm better than the rest, but a piece of shit who knows he's a piece of shit is still a piece shit."
----
"Pew!"
----
"Like, what the hell am I doing? Why do I always get myself into stupid, crazy shit? Sometimes I wonder if I'm just subconsciously sabotaging myself, because deep down, I know I deserve nothing but the worst—a crazed masochist."
----
"Pew..."
----
"I mean, did I rescue you from the lab because I was trying to perpetuate some abstruse sense of morality, or did I just do it because I just can and also because I hate those assholes with their not-so-secret conspiracy bullshit?"
----
"Pew!"
----
"Well, I guess it doesn't matter—none of it does. I'm stuck with you now, and there's no turning back. But, at least you're happy now... right?"
----
He watched as as the creature secluded to its own enjoyment, incapable of responding to any sentimentality. For all its bliss, this was just another animal that acted purely on stimuli.
----
The contents stirring in his bowels needed to be expelled, and a stinging pain rushed through his throat to signal urgency. He unceremoniously hurtled to the garbage can, and the creature was nonplussed by his strained grunts.

---​

----
Sabi felt his back slumped against a tree, his back scraped by the prickly bark. He tasted something ghastly swirling in his tongue, putrid bile that needed to be expunged from his mouth before it could travel down his esophagus to wreak further havoc.
----
"Goddamn!" he spat, "the hell was that, piss?!"

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

Tyson Larx Tyrone -
Chapter 1, Episode 3: "... Whoa... Oh Hi."

He just felt like time stopped. I mean, it's not the first time, but still. Time indeed stopped. At least, for him.
He eventually saw himself back in Cherrygrove. With a damn headache of all things.

He was... Mildly interested. He simply glanced at the sky for a while, having an internal reaction, and internal think time, an internal 'whoa'. And indeed was an interesting 'whoa'. He felt... Mildly different. Still not motivated, but... 'Whoa'. To this point we was admiring and 'Whoa'-ing there, and some people who passed by, mainly people who were townsfolk, thought he was crazy. For a moment, he almost did not notice Elm. Almost is the right term though.

Honogma brought him back from Space, heaven, whatever the 'Whoa' place was, pulling on his leg, and pointing to Elm, who then pronounced his name wrongly. Huh. Suddenly, time went from a standstill to a slow pace, and instantly, to a really fast pace, to him. Plus the pounding headache. Kinda... Made him kinda not catching to the conversation at all. He simply tried to get a hold of everything in the conversation, happenings, events, but failed to do so.

He simply set his Bag down, and searched for a bottle of water. Maybe water was what he needed. He drank a bit, drank some more, drank the whole bottle. He just felt this huge, pounding headache. It hurts, and the Honoguma showed worry. It then kept calling out for something, pointing for Tyson, who was not having a good time at all.

Suddenly, for a moment, time started to slow down again for him, it went from insanely fast to fast, then from fast to mildly fast, and then back to the normal pace. Once he felt he could finally pay attention properly, he just asked one question.

"My head... What just... Happened?" He questioned, putting his hand on his head. He still had a headache that made him slightly dizzy, but now he could pay some attention. Not full attention, but some.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
The cold atmosphere heated up with words, turned into explanations and arguments. The detective has heard enough and still stood on the outside, though...

... ... ... Crap! I just can't follow what they're talking about! It appeared that he didn't understand a little about what they've just said and had difficulty to mingle in the weird chat initiated with a shoulder grabbing. Feeling not sure, he faced west and wandered a bit on the sandy shore churned with calm sea waves.

The site itself wasn't any different from what he initially saw, but several details went missing and that was odd. There should've been wet footsteps on the beach which points toward the Pok?mon Center, but it could've been washed away by the waves provided they're high enough to reach them. It was a weak evidence, but then he remembered something crucial as soon he saw the gap between the boulders he deem familiar.

My broken transceiver isn't here. It broke into pieces and bits, but I just don't see any explosion residue on the boulder. No one could've gone to this site and wash away that black stain and take away the device in full pieces. There wasn't any footsteps leading this place too... then perhaps... He thought to himself, recalling the theories stated by the two. After getting a plausible answer for matching things up, he went back into the house facing the group sternly who talked with each other minutes ago.

"I don't really get how'd you people start speculating like we're a bunch of time travelers, and I don't know how any of that'd make any sense." The Detective continued, "But after looking at things that should've been there being not there and hearing some interesting thoughts from you people, I've come up with a conclusion -- this is the old present."

At that moment, the robed man reentered the room. In his hands, he had a small dark bottle, a bag of cotton balls, and a small square case the size of a palm. Crossing over to where Elm and Alton lay, he passed a heron-print calendar on the way. Were one to look closely, though no days had been crossed off or especially marked, it had been two months after the date of registration printed on their Trainer ID.

As the robed man crouched down before the Professor and arranged his materials on the floor, he said in a low voice, "I just overheard part of your ramblings, coming back. I'm willing to think one of those infernal ferals on that route up here there must've knocked you all bad." He reached ahead and grabbed a dozing Elm by the chin, turning the bloodied man's face for a better view. "Yeah, those Pok?mon must've beat out all rational thought. Clearly got the Professor, too. Bad luck for you bunch: I don't have any medicine to help crazy, and I'm not letting you kids sleep it off here, either. That's what a Pok?mon Center is for, next city over."

The Detective stood there stoically, knowing that there has been lots of absurd things uttered during the hour. It didn't seem to appear that he was really convinced, naturally. However, there were more things that made the Detective certain about the presence of an unknown source being the cause of this whole mess.

"That's for us to decide." He replied, "The world outside is now dark, danger will approach the careless. We're just here for a reason we have yet to realize, and you aren't willing to cooperate for just a day? Then I must ask, why are you helping this man?"

The robed man gave a wary glance out the corner of his eye at his accuser. "You're talking like 'this man' isn't one of the greatest minds to contribute to the research and understanding of Pocket Monsters, kid." He unscrewed the top to the bottle and opened the bag of cotton balls, taking one clump of fluff to the lip of the bottle as he tipped a clear liquid on it. "Goes beyond that he and I are business partners, just to make sure the Trainers he's personally commissioned have ApriBall capsules to capture and train more Pok?mon for his research and your own self-defense." Swabbing the soaked piece of cotton over Elm's face, the Professor cringed and hissed, no doubt from the sting and stench of the alcohol. And yet, Elm was otherwise quiet and distant, perhaps lost in his own thoughts and weariness.

The robed man continued, "On the flip side of the coin, we're business partners. I don't have any further obligation to let six or seven of you random kids lounge in my house for who knows how long, this early in the morning. My store opens six hours from now, at noon. If you want to buy ApriBalls from me, come back by then." As he laid the bloodied cotton balls on a napkin on the floor, he said firmly, "You're only in here because I'd never turn the Professor away."

"...Wait, it's morning?" He peered through the gap where he could see the outside, but still couldn't differentiate the time, "Ah, whatever. I can try looking for one later." He nonchalantly shrugged, albeit his gesture left his expression a bit subtle while he gazed back toward the man who had just said some interesting things. As much as the conversation went, he did seem to get his reason and background pretty well. However, he didn't really have any other things to talk about. And so, his own sweat started to flow again.

"S-so you're saying that you're an 'April' Ball manufacturer and you let us in here for a while because you had some relationship with this person?" He continued awkwardly, deliberately changing the subject, "If so, uh... hmm... ...where... where's the nearest police station again?" He quickly clamped up with a grin.

The robed man turned to leer incredulously at the youth in the fedora. "You act like you don't live in Johto. But forget it." As he refocused his attention to Elm, he opened up the small case in his hand, and pulled out a sewing needle.

Well, he did get that one part right. But it's very unnecessary to reveal my intention. Said the Detective in his mind, rubbing his chin considering the next move he should take, It's morning. At least I can make it there with some extra help in directions. Will he though?

"Sorta, though I won't get into details why I wanted to go there." He repeated his question, "Apologies, but If you mind, can you point to me where I can find one?"

The man dipped the needle into the bottle, sterilizing it. He didn't look at his inquirer. "Are you telling me you didn't come through the blockage up from Silent Hills? Is this true for the rest of you?"

Elm didn't bother to interject as he tried to steel himself for what was to come. The robed man now threading his needle with a white thread, leaning in towards Elm's brow with the instrument.

"Sounds a bit creepy for a place." The Detective stated his opinion with a smirk, "But say, were I've been there before, would I really ask this question?"

The robed man kept silent as Elm hissed and almost recoiled. The Professor squeezed his hand on Alton's knee and grit his teeth while the threaded needle pierced his skin, the Apricorn craftsman suturing up a cleaned, deep cut.

Darn it, I'm ignored. He frowned in frustration, But then, maybe the others know. Let's try that.

"Did any of you saw a police station somewhere?" The Detective asked again, though now addressing the others who were listening to their little chat. Now, he is waiting for answers which might probably lead him into where he should go.

Last edited:

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
Post 11: What to do, what to do.

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

"Thank you." Kazuko replied quietly when Sora placed the scarf upon Honoguma, who promptly focused on warming it up. After a few moments, she gently took the scarf off her Pokemon partner, and wrapped it around her neck. Sweet, sweet warmth...but she couldn't just lose herself in that feeling now. She had to figure out what to do...and how to rally everyone, if leading everyone was her choice.

Kazuko knew she had a few options-first, she could get more answers from Elm or even the Masked Man, she could try heading for the next city to see if it, too, was affected by this mysterious cold spell, she could try and catch some Pokemon-although she'd be able to do that with some of her previous options, or she could follow some of the others into one of the houses. But she couldn't completely decide what to do yet.​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A Whole New World​
Part Five

Alton winced when Elm suddenly gripped his knee, but let the poor man do as he pleased. After all, he was the one with a needle in his face. Alton quickly shoved that thought aside.

"I came this way from Silent Hills," he said, resolutely keeping his gaze on the wall instead of on the thread binding skin back together. "The guards were letting people through before I arrived, but my friend and I were attacked in the forest. I don't know what happened after we left. It wasn't really a police station, though. More of a border guard."

Elm's grip on his knee tightened. Ouch. "I know there's a bigger police headquarters in Violet- maybe you should head that way."

"A bigger police headquarters in Violet City?! Excellent!" The man seemed overjoyed at the prospect. "Tell me! Where's Violet City?!"

Alton drummed his fingers as he tried to recall his map. "North and a bit west of here, I think. The main road is a direct route. I'm not sure how long it will take to get there without a vehicle- maybe a day or so on foot?"

The brilliant smile dropped swiftly back to its previous melancholy, like a blossoming flower withering in the same season, accompanied by a grumble of disappointment. Silence drifted over them for a moment before Alton noticed the change in the man's mood. "Is... was something I said a problem?"

"N-none at all! I'm fine, haha." He covered up his frown with a quick and cheerful laugh, but the gloominess reappeared. "...Is there a taxi?"

Alton shook his head. "Vehicles don't really go between cities here. The roads haven't been well-maintained for... quite a long time. And since it's winter- I guess?- trade is far less frequent. Sorry."

Hearing Alton's words, he tipped his fedora and exited the building. Alton leapt to follow, shouting after him. "W- wait! You can't just go alone- it's way too dangerous- hey!"

Alton paced between the door and the couch- quick, anxious steps. "I can't let him- not by himself- but I can't leave- but there's- Professor! Will you be okay here?"

"I'm getting stitched," Elm began through clenched teeth, digging his nails into the couch as he felt the silk thread tug at his skin. He peered out the corner of his eye at Alton. "I'm—I'm getting stitched, I get stitch, I g-get—"

"Shhh, Professor," said the Apricorn craftsman, his expression softening a bit. "Don't get yourself worked up or you'll go into one of your rambling fits. Sit still. I'm almost done."

Elm complied, trying not to fidget as his face showed his jostled thoughts, a tear or two falling down his cheeks from the pinching pain.

Alton dropped down to kneel by Elm, letting him grip his hand. "I know, Professor, I know, but that guy- he just ran off, he's running to Violet, that makes no sense, what do I do-!"

Elm sighed. "Is...? Know his name? I remember who call. Remember who Train for me. What is his—Chht! Toya...!" He flinched as the robed man began working on sealing up a new deep cut.

"Sorry, Professor," Toya apologized. "One more cut after this. The rest aren't so deep. And maybe I'm sticking my nose into business that doesn't concern me," he quickly glanced in Alton's direction, "but that kid sounds like he doesn't know a thing about Johto. 'April Balls'? Apricorns are Johto's official regional fruit, with a history that runs long and deep. The Professor wouldn't recruit anybody that ignorant, like a damn foreigner."

Elm grunted, closing his eyes to ponder as he bit his lip.

Finally, he spoke: "Do what must."

Alton squeezed Elm's hand. "I'll see you in Violet, right? You'll make it out there with the others?"

Elm squeezed back. "Yes. Will talk with Toya if cannot find buggy. Make way. Twelve hour's walk. Be careful."

He stared the young man square in the eye. "Meet at Pokemon Center. Please. I trust you, Alton."

"I promise." Alton reluctantly disengaged their hands and ran for the door, hoping against hope that he'd catch the reckless man before the road. He could hear a faint mantra in the distance, cries of "I will make it! I will!" Alton ran north, grabbing the first person he saw- the pretty redheaded kid in an oversized sweater.

"Come with me- we have to help him; he won't make it alone!"

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently on

the road to Violet City

with
Tua and
some girl,
leaving behind
Toya and Professor Elm,

and attempting to

catch up to that crazy guy
before he gets himself killed.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

Tyson Larx Tyrone -
Chapter 1, Episode 4: "The Professor himself."

Tyson just tried to get a hold of the surroundings. While his vision was somewhat dizzy, maybe blurry, he did see Elm entering a house. Belonged by a weird dressed man. Before redirecting to the house, he decided to splash some water from the bottle to his face. Maybe that'd help him. Eeh it did no miracles, the small headache was still around, but i guess a good splash to the face solved the problem of seeing blurry. He moved to the house, and before entering, overheard Elm and this other person with him talking, before they ran off. He then entered and questioned a single question to Elm.

"Are... Huh, Are you alright?" He asked.

Elm grumbled as Toya, the Apricorn craftsman, finished stitching the last of the Professor's deep cuts. As Toya took some small scissors from his sewing kit to snip off the stringed needle, he spoke up for Elm:

"He's fine. It was just some bad cuts. Here, Professor, let me take your glasses and remove those sharp bits out of the frames."

As the man plucked them from Elm's head, he turned his back to Tyson as he began to fiddle with something or other out of the Trainer's sight.

Elm turned to face Tyson, looking none too pleased. "You? Must come with me. Go to Violet. Something wrong here. Colder than usual. Must be Pokemon. Look for buggy on way; was at cherry walk when flash, so must be cherry walk here too." He sniffed, wiping his nose. When he pulled his sleeve back, he saw blood on it. Though the air was warm in the house from a fireplace, it was dry, and he now suffered a small nosebleed.

He continued, "Come, you and others to follow Alt-boy. Let go."

"Huh... sure? I mean... I did not see the buggy on the Forest but... I could try?" Tyson said, with a pounding headache.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A Whole New World​
Part Six

The walls loomed ahead. Limon jogged in place for a moment, contemplating how best to get around them. All gates seemed to be barred as he strode up to them to begin his search for weak points.

"Hey!"

Limon whirled around to come face-to-face with a uniformed woman. He began to shrink under her glare, which was matched by a Growlithe at her heel.

"What do you think you're doing? Nobody's allowed through without a police escort!"

"Oh," Limon huffed out a smug laugh, "that's okay. I'm a detective pursuing an ongoing investigation. You can let me through."

The guard raised an eyebrow. "You're a detective, are you? Strange that I haven't met you before now. What division are you with?"

"Uh- I- I'm with- you see, I can't reveal that!" Limon claimed triumphantly.

"Yeah, didn't ask you for case details. What city do you work for?"

"I work for, uh, San- no- Saff- no- um…"

"Okay, my friend, I'm not buying this. Show me some identification and maybe I won't bust your ass for impersonating a cop." A telltale clatter signaled the appearance of handcuffs- and a telltale cough signaled the appearance of another human. The man with the giant backpack was doubled over, apparently hacking up a lung. Next to him, a windswept teenager began to yell.

"What in the actual HELL are you doing, dragging me around like that?! I could have twisted my ankle, running with such bad form! And just look what the wind has done to my hair- I just fixed this, ugh." She flipped open a compact and began to fuss over her appearance, muttering to herself about stupid boys and ridiculous circumstances. The man continued to cough. Limon wondered why someone would exert themselves so much if they were clearly ill.

Nonplussed, the officer did her best to reconcile the situation. "And who are you two? Associates of this clown?" The man nodded, finally catching his breath. "Well, nobody's allowed past here. It's too dangerous without a police escort, and that service isn't running this early. Beyond that, I really need to see some identification."

He straightened up, dragging a less-than-used trainer booklet from his pocket for inspection. "I'm Alton Mocinno." Alton nudged the girl next to him, who rolled her eyes but flashed her identification as well. "Daisy-May Bradley," she said boredly, attention going back to her hair. She winced- Limon noted a Kurusu in her hood that had just physically admonished her.

"Trainers? Interesting. Thank you for complying so readily. Now, for the last member of our little party…?"

Limon slowly pulled a battered regional ID from his trouser pocket. He stared at it quizzically for a beat. "How come it shows a different name than mine?" he asked, even as he handed it over to the officer. She eyed him suspiciously. The photo was indeed the man before her, but hearing that… "You stay right where I can see you while I run this ID." Growlithe also stays, baring a hint of fangs at Limon, while she disappears into a small booth.

Why is that name… not mine? Limon thought as he waited for the officer to confirm his- now questionable- identity. Why is it a Kantonian ID…? Why do I look so bad in my photo?

She came back soon enough. "Congratulations, you're Kantonian."

"Kal- Kanto, yes, that's where I'm from, definitely."

"Now. What is your name?"

"Er… I go by Limon Beigeman." He'd made himself look too suspicious- Limon knew he had to do something to get her off his tail. "It's a nickname. That I gave myself. That's my real name, there on the ID."

"Hm." She tapped her foot. "So, you go by a name that is in no way related to your real name, and you wondered what your real name was even doing on your ID? Confirm the last four of your Individual Number."

Limon hesitated, but a string of numbers fell off his tongue smooth as butter. The policewoman reluctantly handed his ID back to him and snapped her attention to Alton and Daisy-May. "And what is your relation to this… Mr Beigeman?"

"We're, uh, escorting him to Violet. But he got ahead of us…" Alton trailed off. It was reasonably true.

"Well I have nothing to do with- ow!" Daisy-May rubbed her head and tried to glare at her Kurusu for slapping her. She was ignored anyway, due to Limon talking over her.

"Oh, I thought I explained- 'Detective Limon Beigeman' is simply a figment, an idea, what I should have become. It's--"

"You just willfully admitted to impersonating law enforcement, wasting police time--"

"No!" Alton cried. Limon jumped. "We're taking him to Violet to- to be seen at the hospital! He's clearly not right in the head, you can see that. I think he has a concussion?"

Limon nodded to himself. He had to admit being impressed by the work of this woman- so dedicated to the spirit of the law was she! This encounter was simply a farce- a test to make sure thorough investigation is done no matter the situation. He watched her unamused face glance between the three of them before suddenly finding himself gripped by the upper arms. Bewildered, he looked around- Alton held his left firmly, while Daisy-May's lax grip on his right made for a feeling of imbalance.

"What is this!"

"You two," the officer indicated Daisy-May and Alton, "are not to let this man out of your sight until he is checked in at the hospital. And do make sure he learns to keep his mouth shut during important conversations." She walked back into the booth and pulled a few levers, opening a hole in the wall just big enough for the three of them to slip through.

"Good luck," she said, incredibly serious. "It's more dangerous out there than you think."

Alton nodded and dragged Limon and Daisy-May through the gate. It slammed shut behind them with an air of finality.

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently on

the road to Violet City

with
Tua, Limon(?) and
Daisy-May,
leaving behind
the guardswoman,

and attempting to

make it to Violet with
everyone alive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

kxTiEHX.png

Name: Sora with Kazuko.

Invetory: Notebooks x10, unspecified number of pens and pencils, List of Known Ice Type Pokemon, and a picture is sister drew. 10,000 Poke Dollars on his person.

After a few minutes passed, Kazuko finally decided on what to do next. Recalling Honoguma back into his Pokeball, she made her way towards the nearest house, wanting to see if one of the others is inside.

She wanted out of this cold, but she also wanted answers. What had sent them to this strange place and how long was she out? That question deeply concerned her, wondering if she had been out for too long. To her, there was a good chance that she's actually dead. She tried her hardest to push that irrational thought out of her mind as she approached the doorway.

At the same time, Sora had been looking and finally found a calendar. Confirming that two months had passed. It sank deep in his heart that he hadn't spoken to his family in two months. He knew they had to be worried.

He had heard the grunting Elm multiple times while he was on his search. He didn't catch everything other than they were meeting in Violet Town and a few other pieces of information that seemed important to him at the time. He turned to see that Tyson had entered and Alton was gone.

He walked over to Tyson and Elm before they themselves had left.

"Tyson, I know we agreed to have a battle, but things have obviously come up. I am leaving now. I will see yall soon. Hopefully in Violet, we can battle." Sora said, turning away and walked toward the door.

His mind was not where it should've been, he walked out the door, concern had built up. He had opened walked out in a hurry without looking. He collided with Kazuko and his mind returned to earth.

Her own mind jolted out of the fog of anxiety when she collided with someone-or something. It took a good bit of effort for her to keep from falling over, and just greatly stumbled backward.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, looking up once she regained her footing to see that it was Sora.

Sora was glad she didn't fall, "No. I am sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. My mind was else where."

He looked around noticing that Kazuko was the only one outside, "Where did Daisy go? I thought she was out here as well."

"It's fine." Kazuko replied. "As for Daisy-May, I actually don't know. I must've been lost in my own thoughts too much to notice." She rubbed her arm a bit.

"Did you find any answers regarding our situation? Especially h-how long...." That relatively unwanted thought crept back into her mind, causing a well of anxiety to bubble up within her body.

Sora noticed that she was worried or something. He could tell by the way she rubbed her arm. Too many times he had seen his sister, mother, and his best friend do it. He walked up to her and placed his uninjured hand on her head as he had done to his sister in the past, "Prof. Elm seems to think a pokemon did this." He said, taking his hand off her head.

"As far as time goes, two months have passed since we were in Silent Hill. I don't know how, but what the old man seems to be true. Which means he is probably right about everything else he has said. Everyone seems to want to meet in Violet City. Since that is the next settlement, we may as well head there as well." Sora said, looking away.

"We seem to be the only two not in a group and Daisy is no where to be seen. Do you want to travel with me to Violet?" Sora asked, rubbing the back of his head.

Kazuko smiled a bit upon feeling Sora's hand on her head, purely from the comfort of the gesture. "A Pokemon did this? I'm actually not surprised."

The next statement, however, caused her to gasp sharply, raising a hand to her mouth. She coughed a few times from the sudden rush of cold air into her lungs. Kazuko then tapped her arm a bit, enough so that it would sting slightly-upon feeling that sensation, she sighed in relief. "But...how am I...not...dead?" She then just shook her head, as if shaking that rather idiotic statement away.

Upon hearing the reasoning how they ended up here, it was obvious why she was alive! They were just sent forward in time, not unconscious for two whole months! Kazuko felt like a bit of an idiot upon realizing this.

"Anyways, I would really appreciate traveling with you." she remarked as a small smile on her face turned to a frown as the extra warmth Honoguma residually left on the scarf was fading, as the chills were starting to return. She intended to send him out once more once they were on the road.

Sora was a bit surprised by her statement about not being dead, but pushed it aside as he turned around to face her, offering a small smile. He was worried that she might still get sick from what she was wearing, but if it was morning, he doubted the store that sold clothing would be open.

"Alright. I guess we should probably get moving. It also seems to be early, so nothing is really open right now. If we keep walking, we should be able to stay warm for a bit. Hopefully the temperature will rise as the day grows." Sora said.

Sora and Kazuko walked for a few minutes in silent. Sora didn't know what else to say, and Kazuko was probably too cold to speak. They followed to large road through the village, eventually leading to a border station. A woman leaned up against a booth counter that was off to the side, looking at her clipboard and other documents that she held in her hands. A Growlithe sat at her heels, sitting and looking diligent. Beyond her, a wide shutter door for the station was closed which they figures was the road to Violet City.

Kazuko was freezing cold once more by the time she approached the border gate, praying the inside was warm. She immediately darted inside once the door was reached, adjusting her scarf once more.

Kazuko could see that the doorway onward was shut. She spotted the officer at the booth section of the gatehouse. Unsure if she was allowed to pass or not, she approached the officer to ask. "Ma'am?"

Sora couldn't say anything in time before Kazuko took off, but he followed after her. Even though he did not recall there being a border gate on Route 29, he now realized the old man was correct. He wondered if he had some how slipped past the border house without realizing. He did travel under the cover of night, so maybe he was half asleep as he traveled and just didn't remember it.

Sora entered the Border House as well, "We would like to get through the gate please."

The woman wore a standardized police uniform. She looked up from her clipboard, "What are you two kids doing up at this hour, dressed like that? What business do you have beyond this border?"

"B-both of us need to get to Violet City." Kazuko stuttered, mostly out of nervousness. "As for our clothes...." Kazuko paused, trying to think of an explanation. How the heck would it even work? Nobody would believe the truth.

"Well, we are pokemon trainers. As my friend said, we are meeting some friends in Violet City." Sora said, noticing Kazuko stuttering.

He didn't see much wrong with his own clothing, as he wore this most of the time throughout the year other than in the middle of summer, "Well I am always dressed like this. So this is my normal clothing."

He looked at Kazuko, but couldn't think of what to say for her. Even though he tried his best to come up with an excuse. Then he wondered he could explain the truth to her, but he knew it would be hard to believe.

The guard interjected, "Show me identification."

Kazuko's eyes widened slightly as she shakily pulled out her trainer ID. "Please don't tell m-my mom I'm here..." she stammered, handing over the small card.

"She w-won't be happy..." Kazuko then stepped back, rubbing her arms a bit, so Sora could hand over his card.

Without hesitation, Sora pulled ID from one of his pockets and showed it to the officer.

The guard held her stern expression as she picked up the small passport-like booklets the two presented her. Flipping to the front of one, she glanced up at the boy, matching the small photo printed on the first page with his likeness. She gave him a proper nod and returned his ID.

As she gave a cursory glance over the girl's, she said, "So tell me, Ms. Himura, why I should not tell your mother you are up at six-thirty in the morning dressed in summer clothes and shivering, trying to ford a day's walk to Violet City, despite the month-long warnings of increased violent feral activity?"

"S-she doesn't want me out on a journey...o-or anywhere." Kazuko stammered, growing increasingly nervous and increasingly cold.

She glanced over at Sora, as if pleading for help with an explanation. She attempted to take a deep breath to try and calm down, but said breath was shaky.

Sora tried to think of something to say, as he accepted his ID back, but he hardly knew her. As he started to speak, the officer continued.

The woman shuts the booklet. "Stay there. I'm going to run a check on your background and see if you're on our inter-regional Missing Person's board. If you are, your mother is going to hear about it, and you'll be coming with me back to the station, Ms. Himura. Stay right there."

She moves herself into the booth, sitting down at a desk and pulling up a Johto-Kanto database on her computer. As she types away, she asks into a microphone whose speaker is built into the booth's window: "What are the last four digits of your Individual Number?"

Kazuko remained in place, shivering as she waited for any questions. "4184..."

The Growlithe, still at the feet of the pair who walked in, continued to stare up at them almost expectantly. After a long moment, the woman within the booth stepped out, and made her way before Kazuko.

Presenting the booklet back, she says plainly, "You are not a Missing Person, so I have no obligation to detain you and contact your mother."

She then addressed the both of them,"Normally, the police escort service would be available for safe guidance through the route to Violet City, for serious business, civilian, or emergency matters, but they do not run at this hour. I will allow you through, because you are licensed Pokemon Trainers, enrolled under Professor Elm. You've had this ID for enough time to be able to fend for yourselves with your Pokemon, but just remember, it's very dangerous out there. Be safe. I hope fortune finds you in Violet City."

Stepping back into her booth, her Growlithe follows staunchly at her heels. Operating a control board, she pulls a lever, and the shuttered door to the station lifts just high enough for the two to duck under and out.

"Oh," she mentions through the microphone, "Visit the Pokemon Center when you get there. You'll all need a safe place to recover. Go on."

Kazuko nervously remained standing while waiting for a response. She sighed with relief once her ID was handed back to her, and her mother would not be contacted. Despite this, her shivering did not seem to lessen.

After being treated to an explanation, she stepped through the doors, the sudden blast of even-colder air only escalating the chills running through her. Her hair was blown backward, the scarf. She tensed up as the gust blew through.

"I need to sit down..." she mumbled to herself, stepping through the gate and off the main road, taking a seat, one hand almost instinctively on Honoguma's pokeball.

Sora guarded his face from the sudden blast of air that rushed by as the gate opened. He followed behind Kazuko as she took a seat of the main road. "It is a 12 hour walk non stop. At least that is what Elm and Alton seemed to think at the house. I am not sure how long it will take us, so take your time."

Sora placed a hand on her shoulder as he watched the surrounding area.

He turned back to the officer, "Thanks. We will head there as soon as we get there."

KazukoHimura

Years
Post 13: An Icy Trial

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

"I'm very sorry..." Kazuko trailed off. "I-I s-seem to have lost m-my breath...." She got up slowly, but her movements seemed sluggish, her face pale. "Again, I-I'm very sorry....I g-guess you must have s-some questions after everything th-that happened since we've started t-traveling. I c-can answer most of y-your questions, that's n-not an issue...." She tried to keep talking, but ran out of things to say-and that was the last thing she needed right now. She had to keep pushing onwards, keep moving towards Violet City. It wasn't safe out here, and for someone like her, even moreso. "L-let's get moving...." Kazuko then paused. "W-wait...how much f-farther to Violet City?" It had only been mere moments ago that they were both told it was a 12 hour walk away. Something was clearly wrong.​

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

CHERRYGROVE VILLAGE
@ Village Square - Robed Man's House​

With Tyson behind him, Elm faced Toya in the doorway as the men exchanged bows. The Apricorn craftsman then laid a hand on Elm's shoulder and spoke.

"You'll be safe out there, won't you, Professor? I understand you have to get to Violet City after those kids, but you're only left with, well, you know." He cast a doubtful glance over Elm's shoulder at the vacant-eyed blond-haired kid, before quickly returning to Elm's weary stare. "You have any protection on you, just in case?"

Elm nearly furrowed his brow quizzically, but the taut stitching around his eyes pained him to make that expression. He went straightfaced as he tried to speak, his voice sounding a little resonant as one nostril was plugged up with a twist of tissue paper. "I have something somewhere, for now, Toya. That? Is all."

"... A little too roundabout for my tastes, but I guess you know better, Professor." Toya took a step back off his porch. "Good luck to you out there. Wish I could give you a jacket or something of mine, but?"

"Good bye!" Elm spat, straightening his back as he turned away, snatching Tyson by the arm and hauling him along. Toya called after them for safe travels, but Elm ignored it, looking entirely irritated.

When they were out of earshot, Elm leaned in and mumbled, "Out of house. Good. Final. Toya looked... off. Me? Sore face, sore nose, sore throat. Going to spot where buggy could be, only be. If not there, then I go from here"?he lifted his hand to indicate a level at his chest,?"to here." He flung his hand out high over his head. "Above. Beyond. Now follow."

When Elm released his grip on the boy, Tyson stumbled along, visibly trying to concentrate as he thought, Huh... Okaaaaaay? The lumbering Trainer was trying to process what was happening, while his Honoguma, Flare, trotted along behind. The boy gazed up at the sky, trying to recall yet again some faint, distant memory. Whatever formed in his mind as some vague thought, he considered it mildly interesting. When his own idleness had him dozing off in mid shuffle, his Honoguma noticed and cried out after it's trainer, dragging his consciousness back to attention.

Elm was too preoccupied to guide his plus-one for every little step, as he surveyed the area around him the farther he walked. He fixated on the single thought in his mind to surpress the stinging sensations from his cuts and the cold. After craning his neck to peer around the corners of houses and straying from the cobblestone road to glance around barren trees, he finally came to a stop. He stood a good jog away from the Cherrygrove Border Station, a sign indicating the road beyond lead toward Violet City.

He turned around, red in the face. One of his stitches started to bead with blood as he shouted to the wandering kid. "Gone! Was here?! Now gone! I'm leaving! We're leaving!"

"Huh..." Tyson stared on blankly, as if not comprehending. Then he slurred, "Mind using... Normal words?"

Elm was about to turn back around and abandon his dead end lead of a memory when he heard the quip. Instead, he gave the boy an incredibly hard stare as he pointed at the ground by his scuffed shoe.

"Are you idiot?" Elm was blunt. "You sound like idiot. You walk like idiot, stare at nothing. Help nothing." He then pointed at the red Pikachu-looking creature that was by his side. "That? Years worth of genetic engineering clustered into red rat? Smarter than you. By design." He pointed back over his shoulder to the border station. He began to speak exaggeratedly slow. "No car. We out in wild for two days. Too long for one cherry walk, need to sleep in wild once. Then get to Violet City. U-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d?" He shook his head and talked on. "I not enroll bad Trainers. Bad Trainers not survive. You? Look like bad Trainer. So? Make liar out of me."

"I understand," was Tyson's retort. "But for your information, I'm not a bad trainer. Or, I think I'm not."

Elm balked a little at that, glancing around to see if anyone else was hearing this..

"By the way," the boy continued, "Honoguma is a bear, not a mouse."

Elm squinted at him.

Tyson looked down at his Pokemon, who had an unusually aggressive looking face. Tyson imagined Flare was getting angry for being called a rat, and liked to think that the Honoguma never liked Elm that much, especially now when it was convenient for Tyson to characterize him like so.

When Elm snapped his fingers at Tyson to come to from staring blankly yet again, Tyson sighed. "Listen," the novice began, "I may sound like an idiot, because I just roll with whatever happens, but at least I don't sound like I'm high on drugs." And I'm sick of that accent, he wanted to add, as if Elm's curtness was a Johtoean trademark.

Elm wheezed out a raspy laugh. "'Drug!' You think sponsor on 'drug'! Good! When we get to first Gym, I tell Leader what you think! Invalidate ID! Ungrateful."

At that promise, he turned to trudge up toward the station, calling out behind him, "Fix bad attitude or have bad time. Make choice?good choice, for once!"

Tyson grumbled as he followed along, acting as if for the first time in years, he actually was not pleased with something.

Upon entering the border station, the space looked like a concrete garage. The lighting was dim and ambient, and as Elm stepped up onto the sidewalk and off of the road, he approached a desk and glass booth. Behind it all sat a woman in the Cherrygrove police uniform. By her side was a Growlithe, standing immediately to attention when it sensed Elm approach. The woman looked up from her computer and just as quickly hopped to her feet when she saw who it was.

"Professor Elm!" The woman made her way out from around the booth to approach him. They two exchanged slight bows.

"Officer," Elm greeted.

"Oh, you sound wrung out, Professor! Is that what you're wearing in this weather? And look at those nasty cuts and stitches!" She stood on the toes of her boots to inspect his face, staring at his eyes through his empty frames. "What's wrong here? Did you come up from Silent Hill? Did you manage to get caught off guard by a feral ambush?you of all people? And no vehicle today?"

"Awful things happen," he dismissed. "But tended to. Can clearly see: face at least stitched. Worry not. No car. Want to stretch limbs. Want to feel cold."

"Normally I'd find your quirkiness charming, Professor, but I don't have to remind you how dangerous it is out there. You don't even have your usual bags. And?oh!" She turned to look at Tyson, finally entering the scene. "Who's this, coming up the rear?"

Elm glanced over his shoulder. "That rude, disrespectful, lazy boy. Mistakenly gave Trainer ID. Introduce yourself."

The guardswoman raised an eyebrow at that and turned to Tyson. "Have you been giving the Professor a hard time, young man?"

Tyson prepared to whinge as his Pokemon continued to bunch up its little face at everything and everyone. "Honestly, he called my Pokemon?obviously a bear?a 'rat'. And called me an Idiot. But what can I do, honestly?" I'm pretty much tired of Elm's bullshit, he internally topped off. After grousing, he petulantly presented his ID to the guardswoman. Among other things, she was able to get his name, age, and hometown on a distant island. He continued before anyone else could cut in, posing the question: "How long does it take to reach Violet City?"

The woman gave a stern frown. "My buddy Sakuro here," she started, pointing at the well-trained Growlithe, "looks like it could be a little dog or a tiger. I think you're getting hung up on whatever your... ah... prototype Pokemon is. Honestly, I can't even call these creatures animals," she shrugged. Yet, she brushed her leg against her Pokemon's flank, and the Growlithe took a seat, turning to sniff and lick at her pantleg with a wag of his tail. "And while no one likes to be called an 'idiot', the Professor always has his reasons for admonishing those he associates with. The Professor is a world-renown field researcher and biologist. You're travelling with a publicized former member of U.L.T.R.A., as everyone knows. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. I hope your mother taught you that much."

Tyson let out a big, childish sigh. Elm crossed his arms over his chest and tapped his foot, looking off into the distance and thinking.

Taking the booklet from the boy's hand, the guardswoman inspected it. "Two months ago, you were issued your Trainer ID and License, Mr. Tyrone. Don't think you know all just yet. And you're 17 years old?you're not a child. Don't give your elders any problems where they have to babysit you, when you know better. Especially when you're out there. Beyond this point is a twelve hour walk on foot, non-stop, as I'm sure the Professor has told you. And no one can walk that long without needing rest, so you'll have to camp out there at some point, too. So you had better shape up with that attitude or you won't make it out there on your own, especially with what little you have with you."

She handed back the boy's ID, ignoring any predictable reaction for the kid as she turned to Elm. "I know you're capable out there on the field, regardless of a police escort. There were a few Trainers ahead of you, I'm sure they were under your enrollment as well, yes?"

Elm nodded. "Most likely. We will meet in Pokemon Center, Violet. Some of them look capable as long as together, they stick. Others fall apart alone, I know it. But they will learn responsibility. They learn bond. They learn respect. Else, they only fail."

The woman nodded. She returned to her post behind the booth and pulled some levers on her control board. The shuttered door for the station opened up just enough to reveal the road ahead. She bid them good luck, and Elm waved back at her and her Growlithe standing by as he began to walk, ducking under the door to meet the chilling gust that rushed over him.

Tyson was silent as he followed. As soon as I hit Violet City, I'm going to split up from Elm, he stewed. Honestly, I was chill about everything most of the times. But Elm's starting to annoy me.

Reactions: Ech

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
On the break of dawn...
The Yokai will rise once more.
????????????

ACT I - PART 2

?Don?t let her get away!!? one of the bandit?s opposition screamed, on pursuit of the mysterious Yokai theif, Sakura Koto. Sakura Koto had one faithful companion to aid her at least ? her beloved kaginawa, serving as her grappling hook as she took off from the Cherrygrove district buildings, using her kaginawa to land herself safely after hooking it on a nearby lower lantern poll. She continued her escape on foot, leading her pursuers to the nearby route.

The route seemed dark, getting darker. As the chasers followed their supposed prey, they grew in concern. ?Damn mess... I swear, when we?re done with her, we?ll organize a rally to chop all these damn trees to pieces!? one of them resolved. ?Boss won?t care. Been wanting to get rid of the damn riff raff around here anyway.?

It was then they all suddenly stopped in their trails. They saw that Sakura Koro has stopped running all of a sudden. Finding it odd already, they felt even more bamboozoled as Sakura Koto turned to face them directly. ?How detestable...? came her quiet, yet fury-awakened toned. ?The ones that come here... the homes that they built... how many of them will you trample upon? How many lives will you exchange for riches?!?

?Cute. The fox girl likes insignificant worms,? The thug replied, as the rest laughed cheekily. ?A?ight boys, kill her. Take back what?s ours!? They roared and cheered together as they all rushed in. Sakura Koto brought out her grappling hook once more, aiming for the nearby tree to pull and swing herself away, right on top of it. ?Still gonna run away? You?ll get yours eventually, fox brat!?

Instead however, Sakura Koto would stand her ground. After a while of tension you could cut with a knife, she knocked as hard as she could on the tree?s base with her right forearm three times. Quickly, she jumped off to flee. The party was about to give chase, however... the Pokemon flew in great numbers.

?P-Pidgey?!? one of them cried, as they all started shielding themselves from the feral bird Pokemon. One of them started tripping backwards - nearby a Exeggcute nest. They all started to swarm.

As Sakura Koto escaped a sizeable distance, over time and after a few minutes, she eventually heard it: the popping of an Egg Bomb blast from a little away. ?...Insignificant they may be alone,? she remarked. ?Together, they make a giant.?

?-

Those were the previous events of Sakura Koto, an hour or so ago. Tsubaki, a young woman in her normal kimono attire held out that very same red orb while gazing upon it, as all those recent memories washed in her mind. She was alone, so she herself alone had to make sure to avoid any needless danger, as she trotted through the route.

?Violet... why are you so far awayyy...? she grumbled as her stomach growled. ?Together they make a giant. Wooow Tsubaki, how?d you come up with that one? That?s a line alright. For old people, that is. Or perhaps maybe it?s my mind telling me, I could go for some giant apples...?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
On The Road To Viridian Violet City​
Part One

They'd been walking for hours. The few breaks they'd taken were spent at the side of the dirt road, huddled on the leeward side of trees. Despite their unfit bodies' exhaustion, they never rested long- staying still meant the heat of exercise dissipated. Daisy-May had returned Maki to her PokéBall when the poor Kurusu started shivering. Alton's coughing fits were becoming more and more frequent. Even Limon's energy had drained. The three huddled together, though they had long since dropped the facade of dragging Limon to Violet. Echoing cries startled them more than once, but nothing was to be seen.

"You know, I was sort of in a hurry," Limon said, "I'm glad you people didn't slow me down much."

Alton rolled his eyes. Limon didn't notice. "We're going to have to make camp soon. I hope that won't count as slowing you down."

"Make camp?" Limon's question was drowned out by Daisy-May's horrified exclamation: "We have to camp?"

"Yeah."

"We have to sleep outside? On the ground? In this weather?"

"We're trainers. Camping is more likely than you think." Alton sighed. The girl hadn't spoke much along the way, but he got the distinct impression that she was… spoiled. Probably rich. Unprepared for the hardships of a journey. Then again… he was certainly all of those things, in a way. And she was so much younger than he was. Maybe she'd grow out of the unpleasantness, given time. Or maybe she wasn't usually like this. Exhaustion rarely brought out the best in people.

His train of thought was derailed by Limon. "If we must make camp, then we should start looking for a suitable clearing." Alton blinked at this show of competency, but quickly shrugged it off when Limon continued. "I think I have some salt in my sleeve; I believe it can repel intruders."

Daisy-May raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow. "Salt?"

"Yes, it-" Limon began, but Alton quickly cut him off. "You're right about finding a campsite. We need a place out of the wind- a sheltered clearing would be nice, or perhaps a cave, if we're lucky. We might have three hours before it gets dark, but I don't want to use all of them."

Limon's eyes searching for possibilities meant they were no longer on the ground, which meant he tripped every few yards as he wandered between well-worn tracks in the road. Daisy-May was silent. Alton could tell she was focusing only on the next step, forcing herself to keep moving. He tried not to think too much about how tired and sore they'd all be tomorrow morning with four more hours of walking looming ahead. Resentment began to simmer inside his chest- this was Limon's fault. If the man hadn't foolishly run off, Alton could have helped the Professor find his car. They could have driven to Violet. They could have-

Again, it was Limon that broke the spell. He was a few yards ahead, crashing thoughtlessly through the underbrush. Alton gritted his teeth and pushed after him, towing an unresponsive Daisy-May. "What are you doing?" he hissed. "You're going to disturb something!"

Limon pointed in response. Following the arc of his arm, Alton saw a darkened entrance some ways into the forest. "Good eye," he said, rather begrudgingly, "but slow down. We need to be careful."

"It's just natural that a detective should have a good eye!" Limon crowed. "They are one of the protectors of the law itself. Having a higher rank also means having higher authority. But such power, often leads to a lenient misconception of duty. The officers in the blue did all the dirty work, while detectives took all the praise from nowadays' news. To simply make sure of that, I'm en-routing my way to Violet City!"

"But… you're not a detective. You're not even law enforcement."

"But I am!" he cried, forgetting about pressing on through the bushes. Alton took the lead, gently tugging Daisy-May along. "I sure am! The genuine one! It's just that I don't belong here. Maybe that's why, I'm even questioning myself seeing my other side just hours ago."

Other side…? "If you're a real officer, why did you tell some story about... about making up a different persona for yourself?"

"It was me! I'm not a persona! I might flub it a bit, but there's a condition where I had no rights to divulge anyone with the details."

"So you're two people? Limon Beigeman and... the other guy?"

"... I refuse to believe that I'm the guy in the picture. That can't be me, his name differs greatly and I don't think I have 'driver' as a job."

"But... he looks like you. And you know his IN." Alton ran a hand through his hair. "I don't understand you."

"... Me either. This made me curious and I'll find it out soon." Limon yawned, apparently done with the conversation.

You don't even understand yourself?! Alton opened his mouth to say, but thought better of it. He pushed the last of the obstacles away to reveal something completely unexpected- a woman, already making camp at the site. "Oh- uh, hi. Sorry to disturb you…"

It is now 2:30 PM.

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently on

the road to Violet City

with
Tua, Limon(?) and
Daisy-May

attempting to

make camp find out who
this mysterious woman is.

Last edited:

KazukoHimura

Years
Post 14: A turn for the worse (ft. Sora Asai)

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

Sora watched as Kazuko stood and tried to continue forward. He walked over toward her, thinking that she might fall.

"12 hours is how long the walk is. We will have to make camp at some point. Are you sure you are ok?" Sora asked, walking along side her.

"Yeah...Yeah, I'm fine." Kazuko insisted, but she was clearly lying through her teeth. She was NOT okay at all, as she was still shivering violently. "I... I might need a b-bit of help, though....."

Sora was pretty sure he couldn't convince her to take a longer break. He knew they needed to get got, there was no doubt about that, but he didn't want to push her. He thought about what to do for a moment. Then, he spoke:

"I can help you. There are a few ways I can think to help you. You can either hold on to my arm or hop on my back. The choice is yours. Unless you have another idea." Sora said.

"I-I think it would be wise to j-just hold onto your arm...." Kazuko stated. "I-I still c-can walk a bit...." As much as she knew things were going downhill for her, she was utterly determined to prove she could be independent-though at this current time, her judgement was fairly impaired.

Sora nodded and offered his right arm to her, "Alright. Just take my arm then. We will make it through this route together. We probably should try to walk for at least six hours, but if we can't, we will find a shelter. Somewhere." Sora said.

"Alright..." Kazuko trailed off, gently latching onto Sora's arm. "I-I'm ready..." She began to walk, er, stumble along.

Sora walked at the fastest speed possible without causing Kazuko to stumble too much. It took him a few minutes to find the right speed, but once he did, everything seemed to go smoothly.

"I wonder how far the other are. I am sure they are about an hour or so ahead of us by now." Sora said, the sun finally starting to rise in the sky.

Kazuko's shivering barely lessened despite the sun. Her stomach growled loudly, prompting a flurry of wild Pokemon to flee, the grass rustling. She glanced down, incredibly embarrassed. "S-sorry..." she choked out, fumbling through her bag as best she can to get something to snack on. She'd be blushing if all of her bloodflow wasn't trying to keep her warm.

Sora couldn't help but chuckle a little. He was supposed to be serious, but after that, he couldn't help himself. He stopped for a moment so that she could look for whatever it was she was looking for in her bag.

"At least they weren't Ursaring or some other pokemon. Otherwise we would be in trouble right now." Sora smiled.

"You're right on th-that..." she trailed off, before pulling some food out of her bag. Unwrapping a few of the items, she began to hungrily eat them. "It w-wouldn't have been a good idea to w-wait any longer...." she mentioned, finishing off the food.

5 hours later....

Sora and Kazuko walked for five hours, and it was now early in the afternoon. He was sure they had almost caught up with the group ahead of them, but he couldn't resist the look of a pear tree off to the side and suggested to stop and take a small break. He also had to really use the bathroom and there was a small stream he could use to wash his hands in near the pear tree. It was a small stream, not even large enough for his foot to step in. As he got to it though, he found that it was frozen, but that didn't stop him. Instead, he found a rock broke, ice off and rubbed it in his hands to let it melt and make water.

"Got to love the taste of pears. It was surprising to find any left. Usually they are all on the ground and rotten by now, but I guess there was a few left." Sora said.

Kazuko agreed to take a break, especially since the pears looked really good to her. In addition, she wasn't exactly feeling too well, and not from hunger. By the time Sora had returned, she was seated once more, leaning against the tree. She had tried to get a couple pears for herself earlier, but couldn't exactly reach in her state.

Sora immediately noticed that Kazuko's skin was starting to turn a blueish color. He quickly trotted over to her and squatted down, "Hey are you ok?" Sora asked.

He thought he knew what he was seeing, but he wasn't exactly sure.

It took a few moments for Kazuko to realize that Sora was addressing her. She just shook her head, her shivering having completely stopped, a numbing feeling having spread through her. All she wanted to do was just curl up somewhere and wait out the cold spell.

Sora placed a hand on her forehead. As soon as his skin touched her's, his memory returned to the night that he had fallen into the Lake of Rage.

"Damn it. Should have realized sooner." He spat, cursing himself more to himself.

Sora quickly took of his own jacket, and wrapped it around Kazuko. He was sure he would be fine in the weather with his long sleeve as long as they found shelter before nightfall.

Kazuko felt a hand against her forehead, and later Sora's jacket wrapped around herself. She felt only slightly better for the time being. She struggled to choke out a simple "Thank you." but speaking had grown difficult for her.

Sora bit his lip, unsure of what to do. There was no way he could make it to Violet Town in time. He had to find shelter. Even though he loved Ice Pokemon, at that moment he wished he had a flying pokemon to scout the area. He had never been on this route before.

"It would be nice if I had a flying pokemon right now." Sora spoke, and then he got exactly what he wished for, but in an entirely different fashion, as a flock of wild Pidgey flew overhead.

Sora looked up and he shook his head, "That isn't what I meant!"

He quickly scooped up Kazuko and her belongings and quickly ran for the trees, hoping to find shelter. As they ran, Koru popped out of its poke ball and cried a battle cry, slithering to the top of Sora's head.

"Koru! Thanks for coming out. Don't try to take on all of them, there is too many. Use Icy Wind on the ones that get too close." Sora asked, as they continued to run.

Kazuko was still fairly out of it, but she did notice being scooped up by Sora. "Wh...." was all she could get out. Her eyes widened upon seeing the incredible flock of bird Pokemon. Instinctively she attempted to reach for Honoguma's pokeball, though movement was incredibly difficult for her.

Sora didn't notice Kazuko trying to reach for her poke ball. He was only paying attention to what was in front of him, dodging trees to the best of his ability. The Pidgey started to attack, swooping down, pecking at Sora's head and body. He could feel bursts of cold flying off his head and down his neck, make him shiver from Koro's Powder Snow attacks. It didn't stop Sora though. He was determined to find shelter somewhere, somehow.

Koru cried out a few times, obviously getting pecked by the flying pokemon's peaks. He was thankful that Koru wasn't a grass type.

Kazuko finally managed to grip her Pokeball, but the sudden cold from any residual Powder Snow attacks nearly left her unable to move, she was already numb as is. But she thankfully managed to press the button, releasing Honoguma. The Pokemon, noticing his trainer in a dire state, was immediately on the offensive. Honoguma would either Tackle or Scratch any of the Pidgey that got within his reach.

Sora stumbled when the bear pokemon appeared suddenly. He nearly falling as he ran, but managed to stay upright, but the struggle also made him brush a tree to his left side, causing him to bounce to right and into a low hanging limb which left a scratch on his lower cheek. A pidgey threw itself into Sora, causing Sora once again to stumble, but this time, he didn't stay up right. He stumbled, but turned his body so that his bag would break his fall, as well as his own body breaking Kazuko's fall, but caused him to lose his breath.

The Pidgey hovered above, as if waiting for the right moment to strike. Sora layed helplessly as he tried to regain his breath. Both Sora's and Kazuko's pokemon were still up, shaken, but still ready to fight. Sora looked around for a shelter where they could rest for the night and get away from the Pidgey.

After a few minutes, he saw an opening in an old oak tree, it was hollowed out. He sat up as best as he could.

"Sorry for this." Sora said, putting Kazuko over his shoulder, allowing him to rise.

Kazuko gasped when she felt Sora suddenly fall. She was completely helpless to stop the descent, which had also caused her to bruise a good bit. She just laid there, staring up at the sky, at the Pidgey still flocking above them. Honoguma was still fending against the onslaught for the time being.

Kazuko felt herself be pulled up over Sora's shoulder, and heard an apology from him. She replied with a simple "It's fine..." when she both comprehended what was going on, and mustered up the strength to speak.

"Let's see.... it's about 30 yards away... I know I can make it." Sora spoke to himself.

He took a deep breath, "Koru. Let's go." Sora announced. Koru nodded and slithered up Sora's body to the shoulder.

"Honoguma, I know you aren't my pokemon, but I need your help if you wouldn't mind assisting to a little bit more." Sora asked.

He figured Honoguma would quickly follow as he ran, there wasn't really time for it to wait around. So Sora took off toward the opening in the tree, too focused on one thought to see the Fire-type at his heels. The Pidgey tried to block his way, but they were too slow in the cold weather to block off the path. Sora ran through a gap in the Pidgey and into the gap in the tree, big enough for at least three people to sit in. It looked ancient, rotted out maybe more than a decade ago. He waited a few seconds for Kazuko's pokemon to get through the hole, then spoke a command.

"Koru, freeze the opening!" Sora roared.

Koru nodded and in no time at all, its Powder Snow had frozen the gap shut. The ice was thick and solid, so even a flock of Pidgey would have a hard time breaking it. Sora quickly placed Kazuko on the ground and tore bark off the side of the rotten tree. He made a hole, from the bark he had torn, large enough so smoke and other poisonous gases could escape. He knew it wasn't large enough, but he didn't want to make it too large for Pidgey to get through. He had to work with it for now. He would make it larger later that night. He didn't think there would be any nocturnal pokemon around later other than Hoothoot, which can't move very quickly anyway.

Sora quickly began to start a fire with what was around him, He needed to make it warm as possible. He had learned how to make a fire a few weeks after he had recovered from falling into the Lake of Rage from his mother. After a vigorous minute or two, a fire started and he started to blow on it to help it grow. He was certain that it wouldn't bother the solid ice door too much because of how cool the air was, but if it did start to melt, he would refreeze it. If the pidgey went away soon, he would go out and find a better door.

Meanwhile, Kazuko was comprehending what was happening. By the time she realized what was unfolding, she was already on the ground inside the tree. Honoguma went right over to her, staying nearby, as if on standby, awaiting his next command.​

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
"Don't be such a baby, it's not that bad," Riven scoffed. The champion adjusted himself while his striped canine emanated some warmth—the stranger used the tree behind him to bring himself on his feet. Riven watched as this inebriate continued to retch. "It's a hangover remedy. Looks like it worked."

"Do you think that justifies you shoving gunk down my throat?!" Evidently, this man seemed like he rarely used an indoor-voice—it felt as though every moment he had this urge to bellow and bicker like some grouch.

A scowl formed on his face as he glared at Riven. The scarlet-haired trainer didn't bother reacting to such wild gestures—his Arcanine however disliked the aggression. Instinctively and in an assertive manner, the canine positioned itself between its master and the drunkard. It aimed its snout towards this unstable man.

The distance between the stranger and Fire-type's fangs was dangerously close; the Pokémon's breath even caused the man's face to produce a few beads of sweat from all the searing heat. "Stupid ass mutt," the man muttered as he nudged at the canine's muzzle with his hands. He seemingly ignored this beast to focus his attention on its trainer. "Anyways, where the hell am I?"

Riven contemptuously shook his head at the sight of this man challenging his Arcanine. "We're in Violet City, judging by the tower." He guided the man's attention to a building structured with multiple eaves—its design made the rest of the town nondescript in comparison. However, leaving out some additional details that transpired while the man was unconscious, he nonchalantly admitted, "Don't recognize anything else."

"Oh, great." There was a lack of emotion or care in tone, contrast to all the melodrama he stirred up earlier. "Who are you?"

"Not going to introduce yourself first? Well, not that I expected that kind of civility from a hopeless drunk. Riven. Now, I believe it's your turn. First of all, who are you, and what was that Pokémon you had?"

"Look, no offense—actually, scratch that, fuck you. I honestly don't want to play twenty questions with you. I mean, what are the hell are you even asking about? What Pokémon? You mean this shit-stain?"

The man who seemingly forgot to provide his name pulled out a spherical device from underneath his coat. The way he recklessly tossed it to the side suggested he had no consideration or compassion for the organism contained inside. The PokéBall split open upon impact and produced a bright flash. A light green blob emerged into existence, and its presence caught the striped canine's attention.

This... thing just stood idly in place, its eyes devoid of any intelligence or life, though it would wiggle its gelatinous form at times—sporadically so. Compared to Riven's Arcanine, this creature looked outstandingly unimpressive. It was also rank with the scent of decaying corpses.

"This is the only Pokémon I had on me ever since I arrived in this ass-backwards country. Now, if we're done—"

"No, the gas cloud, you ass." Riven crossed his arms and began resorting on a demanding tone. "Don't waste both of our time playing dumb because whatever it was, it's gone."

"Gas cloud? Gas cloud. Gas cloud?" He seemingly acted as though he was genuinely pondering on what Riven was alluding to—was this drunkard actually trying to thin out the champion's patience? "Oh. You're talking about that." One of his eyebrows rose as he seemed to be curious. "Listen, there's only two people who have to gall to inquire me about that: those who are smart enough to know what a Gastly is, and those who want me dead. And Johto has yet to prove it has anyone or anything that can be considered smart."

"It's been a few hours since I found you, and you're not dead yet, so place your bets."

"Yet is the operative word here. I mean, cripes, wouldn't you want answers before you murder me?"

"Okay, what if I say you won't die? I don't exactly have the luxury of murder. If there are people who do, then all the better that I'm the one who grabbed you."

"Luxury? How about this—you can have the luxury of kissing my ass." He let out a chortle despite visibly looking agitated. "Jeez, you're pretty presumptuous even though you've done literally nothing beneficial for me."

"You were passed out in the middle of a busy road, and that Pokémon was floating around like it was nobody's business. If anyone's after you, I'm probably the reason you're still alive right now."

"Listen," he brusquely interposed, "you are assuming as if I never passed out in public before. I mean, for all you know, I could have strategically placed myself there as part of some plan I came up with—and you just callously fucked up everything."

"And the greatest plans are the ones fuelled by alcohol, right? And what about the Pokémon people would kill you for? What if it got away?"

"Stop calling it a Pokémon. It was a bait."

"Bait for what?"

"For fish!"

Back