• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this game really worth it

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
well I dont even have a Wii yet and PBR would be my first wii game and 300 dollars seems like alot just to get a wii and a game :( I am thinking about getting a wii on my birthday which is july 7th but I only get about 200 dollars on birthday prensent to spend plus the money from my two grandmas so that would be about enough for the Wii but then I need like 50 more dolllars for the game :( and I wouldnt get anything else for my birthday except the wii and PBR :( I already have diamond and wifi so it would be perfect to get PBR I just dont know how good the game really is and is the wii really as good as everyone says it is

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2008
i have that same problem because i want PBR and don't have a Wii. I think it would be a fun game, but i'm not sure if the Wii and battle revolution are worth it.

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
wait um I saw at a store today that the wii was 250 dollars and I went to the website and it said Wii console 500 dollars :( can somebody also tell me what the average price is

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2007
stop thinking to hard, just get the wii for you bday, get pbr, battle anyone this forum, if you dont like it take it back, but i doubt you would, plus. you have to think ahead, do you not see yourself maybe playing something else on the wii other than pbr like i dont know, zedla?????

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
I dont like zelda but I could see myself playing super mario.
but I heard some people say that PBR has bad graphics :( is this true. and I dont even know if I will have enough money for the wii and the game :( I guess I will figure something out :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2007
see thats how you have to think, and no wii should be over $250
thats how much i paided on the DAY it came out, if any thing the price should be starting to go down but i dontt think it well, buy it from a gamestop or eb games, and about pbr ether you like or not, as far as the graphs, the pokemon look just like they did in pc for gamecube, the attacks are alot more flashy, i guess thats where makers want to show off what the wii can do, i love i feel like i did when i first played it on 64, but when it comes down to stuff like that, its just a personal thing that you never know until you do something. list to me i should work for nintendo lol

Ho-oh arabia

Yeah, i started the fire.
Years
I got wii for christmas and my family and i definitly consider it a good investment of $250. It was my first major console purchase since the N64. I personally like PBR. I liked stadium and stadium 2 in those good ol days and PBR brings stadium style battle to the 5th generation of gaming. oh, and whoever is chargin 500 bucks for a wii is crazy(unless ur really desperate)!

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Consoles are the ideal present for any gift occasion, and probably your best opportunity, so make sure you take advantage of it. I always hint at what I want at least a month before every gift occasion.

Kayke™

Banned
Years
I got wii for christmas and my family and i definitly consider it a good investment of $250. It was my first major console purchase since the N64. I personally like PBR. I liked stadium and stadium 2 in those good ol days and PBR brings stadium style battle to the 5th generation of gaming. oh, and whoever is chargin 500 bucks for a wii is crazy(unless ur really desperate)!

Tons of people around the world are desperate. Consider yourself the luckiest person in existence if you find one just laying around at Wal-Mart.

As for Pokemon Battle Revolution goes...

I'm picking it up, even if it's really only a game enhancer. And in response to one of the above posts, the graphics are actually the biggest draw-in. Everything looks really good actually, though one thing did shock me...

...I saw an N64 character model. ;_; Arcanine looked like he did in Pokemon Stadium. Hopefully the old Pokemon will get updates...'cause the new ones sure as heck look good.

One last thing...

If you're buying a Wii ONLY for this game, I wouldn't recommend it. But you should definately pick up a Wii if you don't have one, seeing as there are countless blockbusters coming out for it in the upcoming months. It's already got good titles like Twilight Princess to hold you over 'till some more good games come out, so either way you can't lose.

But I digress...

I look forward to seeing you all on PBR in the near future. =)

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Actually one of the greatest games of all time is now on Wii and Im not talking about Zelda. I would def get Resident Evil 4 for Wii, I have a Wii, PBR and alot of Wii games and even though I owned RE4 on gamecube I still got it on wii because of its 30 dollar cost. You would not be one bit dissapointed with RE4.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
Years
Tons of people around the world are desperate. Consider yourself the luckiest person in existence if you find one just laying around at Wal-Mart.

As for Pokemon Battle Revolution goes...

I'm picking it up, even if it's really only a game enhancer. And in response to one of the above posts, the graphics are actually the biggest draw-in. Everything looks really good actually, though one thing did shock me...

...I saw an N64 character model. ;_; Arcanine looked like he did in Pokemon Stadium. Hopefully the old Pokemon will get updates...'cause the new ones sure as heck look good.

One last thing...

If you're buying a Wii ONLY for this game, I wouldn't recommend it. But you should definately pick up a Wii if you don't have one, seeing as there are countless blockbusters coming out for it in the upcoming months. It's already got good titles like Twilight Princess to hold you over 'till some more good games come out, so either way you can't lose.

But I digress...

I look forward to seeing you all on PBR in the near future. =)

Eh? The new version; he was redone BIG TIME.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2008
i think i will ask for a wii for the next gift giving occasion, i might want to get the newest mario party at some point (after i get PBR)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
PBR is one of the best games ever! It is pretty easy though. I beat four of the leaders in like 2-4 hours.

Kayke™

Banned
Years
Actually one of the greatest games of all time is now on Wii and Im not talking about Zelda. I would def get Resident Evil 4 for Wii, I have a Wii, PBR and alot of Wii games and even though I owned RE4 on gamecube I still got it on wii because of its 30 dollar cost. You would not be one bit dissapointed with RE4.

Is is legal to make a videogame so perfect? *Sigh*

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
My brother got it last night. i played it this morning .I'm loving it! it's awesome though im hating gavendaior [sp?] and her pre-evolution forms' looks..

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2010
A wii should be 250... if you pay more it is most likely you are looking at bundles or ebay. Wii is great. It comes with wii sports (your first game can't be pokemon if you buy new) Then you want to get Wii play (its 10 dollars + 40 dollars for a remote) Then you need to pick up mario party, paper mario, or zelda. Pokemon should be low on your list to get for the wii... Sorry, its true and yes I know where I am posting this... But PLEASE PLEASE do not by a wii for pokemon... Get it for better reasons. People have been waiting months for them for other reasons.

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
Years
wait um I saw at a store today that the wii was 250 dollars and I went to the website and it said Wii console 500 dollars :( can somebody also tell me what the average price is

the average wii price is 250.00 the one that is 500.00 is a bundle which comes with 5 extra games and other extra stuff

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
Years
A wii should be 250... if you pay more it is most likely you are looking at bundles or ebay. Wii is great. It comes with wii sports (your first game can't be pokemon if you buy new) Then you want to get Wii play (its 10 dollars + 40 dollars for a remote) Then you need to pick up mario party, paper mario, or zelda. Pokemon should be low on your list to get for the wii... Sorry, its true and yes I know where I am posting this... But PLEASE PLEASE do not by a wii for pokemon... Get it for better reasons. People have been waiting months for them for other reasons.

well I still want it mainly for pokemon but yes I will be getting other games like mario :) but their still isnt that many great games for it that I like so I would wait a while untill I get alot more games.

Back