• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Mentor (PG-14)

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
I can't really answer any question about 'That Week', but I have to say, you're pretty close. ;) Though, I'll tell you right now, Leah's parents aren't involved in what happened in any way, shape or form.

About Ally, you're probably right about her being oddly reserved. I've never really interacted with a ten-year-old kid before so I have to no clue if I'm characterizing the kids right. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm going to see if I can fix it a bit and make her more kid-ish.

Thanks for the review, Giratinasaur! I really appreciate it. :)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
No problem. Thanks for writing this fic. :3

And a personality like Ally's is usually just played for laughs when the writers are trying to poke fun... kids don't get that reserved until they're twelve. -pokes little sister- x3

Last edited:

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
A/N: Hi guys! Remember me? Don't worry, I still exist and this time, I'll try to make sure such a long wait between chapters won't happen again. This chapter has once again been beta-ed by Censored and should hopefully be mostly mistake-free.

Mentor
Chapter 4: Departure

Ah, sleep.

One of her favorite things to do.

Peacefully floating between dreams and reality, awareness of the world started to come back to her. She shifted and hugged her blanket closer to her chest. A cool breeze blew lightly on her back, keeping the temperature from getting too warm. It was a nice and cozy moment for her. The buzz of her faithful fan helped her drown out annoying sounds like the squeaking of the floorboards or the opening of her bedroom door.

Unfortunately, the fan was not loud enough to drown out a snicker.

Keeping her eyes shut, she tried to burrow further into her dreams, hoping that if she ignored the noise, the noise would ignore her. That wasn't the case, unluckily for her, as she found herself listening at the sound of a panicked, feminine whisper. A boyish voice answered the whisper in a low tone as the voices got closer and closer…

Ugh.

"Get out of my room or I'll kill you," Leah said loudly, not moving. Her voice was crystal clear and didn't betray her groggy state in the slightest. There was a surprised yelp as two sets of feet ran out of the room. Most likely as an afterthought, the door was closed quietly a moment later.

Once the sound had completely died down, she took a deep breath and relaxed into her bed, the issue of her intruders immediately forgotten.

Ah, sleep.

Some time later, she was startled awake by a voice, who interrupted her dreaming from behind the safety of the closed door. His voice was a bit muffled, but she could unfortunately hear him well enough.

"Hey, Leah!"

Go away! She mentally yelled as she pulled her sheets over her ears.

"Come on! Wake up!"

No! Go away!

"It's eleven! We waited long enough! It's time to go on our Pokemon Journey!"

Ugh…

"Wake up!"

"Scram!" Leah suddenly shouted at him as she whipped her only pillow at the door, or at least, where she guessed the door was. The thump of the projectile hitting its target had the boy running down the hall, laughing as his heavy steps blasted Leah with the cold, hard face of reality.

Bemoaning the thought of facing the day, she laid her head on the mattress, staring forlornly at the wall. She didn't want to get up, she just wanted to keep sleeping. Was that too much to ask?

She was just about to go right back to sleep when the door opened. Leah turned her head to greet her visitor (read: victim), though she was momentarily distracted by the light from the hallway. She squinted and was able to make out the blurry figure of an orange headed moron.

"Go away," she hissed at him, "and turn off the damn light!"

"That's not very nice," Ed pouted and with a grin, flicked on her bedroom light.

Leah snarled and pulled her blanket over her head, her arms covering her eyes for extra protection.

"Turn it off!"

"No," he said happily as he bounced in the doorway. "We're going on our journey today! So you gotta wakeup now! It's time to go!" He then disappeared, running back down the hall.

Knowing that he would never shut up, she reluctantly let her eyes get used to the light and got up, throwing her blanket off of her. She rubbed her eyes and peered around the room as she stood there, dazed. What was she supposed to do again? It was only when she reminded herself that she had someone to kill that she started to get ready for the day. Throwing on some random clothes she found in her drawer, she sleepily descended the stairs and threw a glare at Ed when she entered the kitchen.

He was the only one there; Ally was nowhere to be seen. Ed bounced in his seat as he energetically played with the half-eaten cereal that was seemingly his breakfast. He spun it around with his spoon until he looked up at Leah with a beaming smile.

"You!" Leah growled at him.

"Me!" he answered proudly. Generously offering the box of cereal he found in the cupboard, he said, "You want some?" Though he quickly warned, "You gotta be fast though, we're leaving in five minutes."

Leah yawned. "What?" she said, shaking her head, "but I just got up!"

"We woke you up half-an-hour ago," Ed explained. "But you went back to sleep as soon as we left."

"I did? I don't really remember that…"

Ed was clearly impatient and changed the topic. "C'mon! You gotta eat fast, Ally's waiting outside for us."

She just stood there.

Treating her as if she was a Pokemon, Ed pointed at the empty chair. "Sit," he commanded. "Eat!"

Leah stared at him with a black look. "You," she said slowly, pointing at him. "Shut up and play dead."

It was fifteen minutes later when Leah found herself suddenly outside the house, jacket on, and stuffed backpack strapped to her back. Nearly tripping over Ally, who was silently sitting on the porch, Leah skid to a halt in front of her house.

"C'mon!" Ed whined as he jogged up the driveway. "We're going to be late!"

"What time is it?" Leah asked him as she glanced up the cloudless blue sky.

Ed answered quickly. "11:21. Now let's go!"

Leah refused to take another step. "No," she snapped. "This is going way to fast. I'm tired, I woke up less then half-hour ago and there's no rush!"

Ally was caught in the middle as she stopped half-way between the two, giving both of them confused looks.

"But-" Ed said, fidgeting as he stood still. He blurted out: "I want to get to the gym first! A lot of people left yesterday and they're probably almost at the next city by now! I need to catch up!"

The brat was competitive too, Leah thought. Go figure.

"Oh, they're definitely not even close to Viridian City yet," Leah said darkly. "And besides, we're going to Cinnabar Island, not to Viridian!"

Ed sulked. "Yeah, I know that, but I wanna get to the gym as fast as I can."

Taking a seat on the poach where Ally had previously been sitting, Leah crossed her arms in defiance.

"I'm not moving until I feel like it, so too bad for you."

Ed tried to reason with her, but Leah was firm. Unlike the last time, Leah was going to abide by her decision and nothing would change her mind. She wasn't going to move and that was that.

Not being able to do anything about it, Ed just brooded on the spot and every once in a while he grumbled to himself with threats in mind.

Leah rested silently in the shade of the porch, eyes closed as she wished that she had the ability to sleep sitting upright. It would be useful for situations like the one she was in now. Technically, she could go back in the house and back to bed, but she was already dressed and wide awake, so there wasn't a point to it. Besides, the brat would no doubt follow her upstairs to make sure she wouldn't go back to sleep.

Hmm. Brat: a singular tense.

Raising her head, Leah took a long look at the other half of her of her problem. The girl was standing stalk still in the middle of the driveway, having not moved an inch since Leah had sat down. Leah hadn't even heard the girl speak all morning. Generally, Leah should have took it as a good thing as it would be one less annoyance, but her grandmother had always said never to underestimate the quiet ones. The quiet ones were much more subtle and were most likely planning something devious and evil in their quiet little heads. Then, they would unleash their evil scheme when you least suspected it and take over the world.

Okay, it was an overstatement, but it would be best to make sure such thoughts never got off the ground.

"Hey!" Leah called out to the girl who turned towards her in puzzlement. "Come here!"

Ed looked up in this exchange, but Leah just gave him a bored stare until the boy turned back to his sulking.

Ally quickly went towards Leah, her face the picture of conflicted emotions.

"Y-yes?"

Uh oh, she was stuttering. Time to bring out the big guns.

"Got a question," Leah said bluntly and gave her a hard look. "Why are you so damn quiet?"

"Um-" Ally looked surprised. "I'm not- I don't know-"

Leah took pity on her (or was probably just impatient) and said, "the kid over there," she pointed at Ed, who was oblivious, "keeps mouthing off and being cheerful while I hardly see you say or do anything. It's creeping me out."

The girl was so taken back, she just stared at Leah silently.

"Okay, you know what," Leah said as she pointed at Ally. "I'm the mentor and I make the rules, so if you want to go on a journey, you have to obey them, right?" she waited for Ally to nod before continuing.

"Then, I'm ordering you to be more talkative."

Ally tried to protest as she wrung her hands together. "But I-"

Leah held up a hand. "No buts! Trust me, you'll be thanking me for this later." Or not since Leah would never be seeing Ally again after one or two weeks, but the rule should stop anything unpredictable from happening. Hopefully.

"Can we leave yet?" Ed asked pleadingly as he walked up to them. "Please?"

Wow, the brat was actually trying to be polite.

"No," Leah said.

"Aw, come on! We've been sitting here for ten minutes!"

Leah thought and then suddenly pointed at Ally. "You! Be talkative and give an opinion."

The girl looked like a deer in headlights. "I-"

Seeing the narrowed glare that Leah gave her, Ally gulped and took a shuttering breath. "Uh- I think we should- should go now."

Leah got up, stretched and swung her bag over her shoulder.

"Okay, let's go."

Ed's jaw dropped. "You were waiting for Ally to say something?"

"No," the mentor replied casually. "I just think now's a good time to go." And to piss you off, she added mentally.

Leah turned to face them once she was at the curb to see them still standing back at the porch. She raised an eyebrow. "Well? You coming?"

They ran to catch up as Leah walked undisturbed down the road.

"We missed it?" Ed shouted at the billboard. "By twenty minutes?"

"Hmm," Leah said wisely. "Maybe we should have gotten here earlier."

That about summed up their problem as they looked out to an empty harbor. The wooden docks were lifeless and not a single person was around. The ferry, which would have taken them from Pallet Town to Cinnabar Island, had already left.

While Ally went over to comfort Ed, Leah looked closer at the scraggily looking notice.

Boat Times
7:30
12:00
3:30

"Not many times to choose from," Leah said out loud to herself. "Well, at least we got here three hours early for the next one."

"That's not a good thing!" Ed whined. "Three hours? What are we supposed to do for three hours?"

Leah shrugged and took off her thin raincoat. "Dunno about you guys, but I'm going to relax." She sat down on the raincoat, which had been spread out on the wooden platform, and crossed her legs. Taking a deep breath of the ocean air and grimacing a bit at the salty smell, she propped her head on her hand as she stared forward, withdrawing into her thoughts.

She should have brought a book.

"Ed?" Ally asked hesitantly as she took off her backpack. "Do- do you… want to work on our list?"

"No," Ed said sullenly, looking out to the sea. "I don't feel like it."

The girl looked hurt at his adamant refusal. Her face scrunched up and shoulders hunched as she swallowed. "O-okay then."

Looking around for something to do, Ally caught Leah seemingly staring at her. Glancing at Ed again, and seeing that he wasn't paying attention, she picked up her bag and wandered over to where Leah was sitting.

"Leah?" Ally asked shyly.

Leah mumbled as she snapped out of her daydreams and realized one of her problems wanted something.

"Yeah, what?"

Ally nervously looked back at Ed, "Um- can I sit with you?"

With a start, Leah mentally sighed and realized she should have seen it coming. You be nice to some stray dog and the dog would think you were a nice person and would follow you around asking for more attention.

"Sure," Leah replied blandly, but didn't move over to make room on her jacket.

Either not noticing or not caring, Ally happily sat beside Leah on the cold ground, only half-sitting on the mentor's coat.

"T-thank you!"

Leah didn't reply. After all, it wasn't as if she could have said 'no'. If she did, then all of her work that morning would be undone and the girl would go back to being the silent introvert that would probably snap when Leah was least suspecting it.

Not that the current version was much better.

The three trainers sat (and stood) in silence. The only sounds were the waves which crashed against the dock over and over again.

Leah thought to herself furiously for something to do. She was quite content at the peaceful silence from the brat for once, but since she was stupid enough not to bring anything that could entertain her, she was stuck with her own thoughts for company.

Looking over at Ally, Leah was surprised to see her eyes were closed and her head bowed. Her hands were clasped tightly together and she was swaying back and forth like she was in a trance.

Actually, it was almost as if she was praying.

Leah mentally shrugged and wondered a bit if the girl was religious. Though it didn't matter either way, the mentor was curious despite herself. Now that she thought about it, what did she know about Ally? Well, she was ten years old, shy, silent, possibly a secret evil mastermind…

Everything else though was just blanks. Her hometown, why she was a trainer, what Pokemon she had-

Wait, what Pokemon she had? Shouldn't have Leah found that out yesterday?

"Hey- uh, Ally?" Leah asked, the girl's name feeling odd on her tongue.

Ally perked up. "Yes?"

"What's your Pokemon?"

"M-my Pokemon?" Ally asked nervously. "Um- why do you ask?"

Leah didn't want to have to explain herself, but did anyways. "Because I've seen the other kid's Pokemon, but not yours."

The girl shook her head. "My Pokemon's not- not very interesting."

"So?" Leah scowled. "It's not like a Paras is very exciting. What'd you get? A Pidgey?"

Ally muttered a name under her breath so low that Leah couldn't hear.

"What's that? Say it again?"

Shaking her head again, Ally folded her hands together on her lap. "He doesn't like me," she said in a quiet voice.

"Who? The brat?"

"No-o, my Pokemon," she whispered, like it was some big secret. "He hates me!"

Leah gave her a look. "So? Sands hated me when I got him and now- well, he still doesn't like me," she admitted, "but he'll still obey."

"I tried to touch him," Ally explained in greater detail. "But he just glared at me and shocked me! And it hurt!"

"Shocked you?" Leah said, eyes narrowing. She could already feel the cliché. "Please tell me it's not a Pikachu," she almost begged.

Ally bowed her head. "I wish."

The curiosity would seriously kill her if conversation dragged on more. "What's your Pokemon?"

The girl hesitated. "I- I'll show you him."

She got out her Pokeball from her bag, its new shiny surface gleaming in the sun. Ally lightly touched it in wonder, as if it was some ancient relic that would bring peace to the world. Then with a tiny sigh, the girl pressed the button and the Pokemon revealed itself.

It was immediately apparent that it wasn't any ordinary Pokemon. There were no legs, or arms, a tail, or even a body. There was just the lone head which was as smooth as a Pokeball. Colored red on the top and white on the bottom, it had an uncanny resemblance to a super-sized Pokeball. It was just small enough to fit comfortably on Ally's lap, but it obviously wasn't happy about it as its pinpoint pupils immediately swerved until they settled on a target. The Pokemon gave Leah its fiercest glare.

Oh. Oh ****.

Somehow, Leah was able to rocket backwards and get up on her feet in the blink of an eye. With wide eyes, she stared at the Voltorb that Ally had tightened her arms around in semblance to a hug.

That was the last straw. Leah now knew for a fact that she was somehow cursed. That was the only reason that she could think of that explained that one of her charges had a violent and literally explosive creature for a first Pokemon.

Leah wished that she never asked what Pokemon Ally had.

"I would of preferred the Pikachu," Leah said, groaning and then quickly continued with just quite a bit of fear. "Let go of the Voltorb!"

Ally looked hesitant as she hugged her Pokemon tighter. "He- he's not going to explode."

Could baby Voltorb explode? That wasn't something that Leah had ever come across in school or on the internet, and she wasn't willing to be the first to find out.

Ed came over, curious of the commotion, but even he kept his distance when he saw the Voltorb.

"I thought you weren't going to bring it out again!" Ed said, panicked. "Remember what happened last time?"

Ally seemingly wasn't aware of the danger she was in. "Why doesn't he like me?" she asked sadly as Voltorb visibly struggled.

Leah jumped back another couple of steps when Voltorb finally broke free of Ally's grip. It rolled a few feet away until it stopped of its own accord, its head-shaped body upright and eyed the trainers who were standing around it. A few sparks came off its body as it became obvious at what it was planning to do.

Attack.

Yelling, Ed forced himself out of the way as Voltorb sped past him. The boy stumbled towards Ally and broke out in a run as Voltorb stopped and, spinning in the other direction, came right back at him.

"Recall it!" Leah told Ally, who stared at her in surprise. "Recall the damn Pokemon before its blows up!"

As Ed came towards her, Ally hurryingly got up and tried out of the way as Ed barred past with Voltorb at his heels. As they went past, Ally's Pokeball was knocked out of her hands and crouched down to pick it up again.

There wasn't much space left to run as Ed ran along the dock and saw the fence which separated the wooden platform from the water. A simple plan started to form in his head as he made a sharp U-turn and ran at Voltorb, but just before they were about to hit, Ed easily jumped right over the Pokemon. Voltorb stopped just before the fence and turned its body towards the fleeing Ed, who had shoved his hand into his pocket. Pulling out his Pokeball, Ed flung it vaguely behind him while Voltorb was distracted.

"Paras! Go!"

The Pokeball bounced on the ground and opened in the air. Paras materialized in an instant and lazily survived the scene. Voltorb was rushing right towards it, but Paras was quite content in doing nothing at all, not seeing the threat.

"Paras!" Ed shouted as he circled to stand beside Ally. "Scratch!"

The bug Pokemon had no clue at what 'scratch' was, but it didn't matter anyways as Voltorb smashed into it with a full speed tackle. Paras went flying backwards and hit the pavement with a lifeless thump while the electric type was knocked back by the force of the collision.

Paras never had a chance.

"Ouch," Leah muttered to herself, though not disturbed by the short-lived battle. Voltorb had left her alone and she would abide by that decision and physically stay out it. Unless she wanted to get attacked, which she didn't, of course.

"Recall it!" Leah told Ally again.

Ally nodded and held out her Pokeball, arm shaking. "R-return," she called out hesitantly.

The beam of red light shot out, but missed Voltorb by a foot. The girl's arm was shaking so badly, she couldn't even aim the stupid Pokeball!

Leah watched Ally try again, but returning the Pokemon made it harder when Voltorb regained its composure and started to move.

One Pokemon down, Leah told herself as she watched Voltorb turn towards the brats. And one to go.

Locating her abandoned jacket which had been left alone by the battle, Leah ran towards it and picked it off the ground. Pulling out the Pokeball from the pocket, Leah expertly threw it right between Voltorb and the two kids.

Sands came out, looking a bit tired, but seemingly healed from the beating it took from Paras yesterday. The only thing that remained of the battle was a faint line across its chest.

"Sands," Leah called out. "Run! And this time, don't you dare lose!"

Making the first move, Sands got on four legs and ran directly towards Voltorb, who took the challenge and started to roll faster.

"Stop and grab it!"

Just before they collided, the Sandshrew did as its master commanded and skidded to a halt. It got on its hind legs and held its paws out. Voltorb ran into it, but Sands was firm and was only pushed back. Gripping onto it tightly, Sands winced when Voltorb erratically spun against its tender stomach. A thin line of electricity danced over its spherical surface, but it didn't bother the ground type.

Sands wasn't looking that good, Leah noted. It probably wouldn't last that long. Not that it needed to.

"Ally!" Leah said, a bit amused as the two brats jumped, startled. They had been paying attention to the battle closely and were waiting for Leah to make Sandshrew do something.

Leah continued, "recall Voltorb now, while it's standing still!"

"Y-yes," Ally said in a small voice as she tried again and this time she steadied her hand and said in a seemingly confident voice, "Return, Voltorb!"

The red beam of light caught Voltorb underneath Sand's paw and pulled it back into its Pokeball. The Sandshrew relaxed its arms and patted the bruise that was forming on its stomach. It didn't even look up as Leah returned it to its Pokeball.

"Well," Leah started in the silence that followed. "That was an entertaining ten minutes, but let's not do it again." Underneath her casual attitude, Leah was still trying to calm her pounding heart.

"Why doesn't he like me?" Ally repeated to Leah with a depressed look.

Leah shrugged. "Dunno, but it's a Voltorb, what else do you expect from it?" She then added, "And don't call it a 'he', Voltorb are genderless."

"Voltorb aren't genderless," Ed said, jumping into the conversation.

Leah glared. "Yeah they are."

"No they aren't."

"Yes they are!"

"No they aren't!"

Ally surprisingly cut in. "My Voltorb," she said hesitantly, "is a boy. I want him to be a boy. He's not an it!"

Holding her tongue from saying anything that would start another argument, Leah changed the topic.

"Why do you care what Voltorb acts like anyway?" she asked. "Pokemon don't need to like you, they just need to obey." She stressed the last word.

"I don't want him to obey me like that," Ally said doubtfully. "I-I just want to be his friend."

"Don't worry, Ally," Ed comforted, patting her on the shoulder. "Voltorb will come around and then me, you, Paras and Voltorb will be great friends!"

As the boy blabbered on about friendship, and love and all that sort of crap, Leah thought to herself grimly.

That attitude of theirs would be a problem later on, she was sure of that. They didn't understand what Pokemon training was all about. Pokemon were to be caught, trained and then paraded to the cheering crowds. Pokemon trainers were entertainers that trained their Pokemon to love the scent of battle, blood and death.

Pokemon were tools; not friends.

Mentally shrugging, Leah assumed that the brats would come around eventually. All trainers did, after a while.

Besides, she had other things to think about.

Like, for example, what was she supposed to do? No books, no music, no Jason Dare collection and no blogs to rant on. She really should have been prepared to wait for hours on end, especially since she knew that she would have lots of free time. After she checked the internet last night to see when the ferry times were, she even put down a book in plain sight on her desk! But since she stupidly forgotten it, all she had was just an empty port, the sea and less then stellar company.

With a glance at the puny trainers, who were talking cheerfully to each other, Leah couldn't help but pity herself.

It was going to be a long three hours.

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Don't worry about getting this up quickly, Dagzar. My own chapters usually take up to three or four weeks to get to the point where they're decent enough to post, which is why neither Dark Nostalgia or Biohazard have been updated yet.

As for this chapter, for some reason it struck me as just bit more relaxed than the last one. Maybe with the whole thing about sleep in the beginning I was lulled a little. Still compelling though. Leah and their others' personalities are really coming out nicely, I think. If anything was off, maybe this could have been just a bit more active in the first part. Just my thoughts though...

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Thanks for the review, Skunter!

I know I don't need to update quickly, but chapter four has been done for a month (aside from being beta-ed) and it makes me fidgety when I don't update regularly. Well, that and I like updating. :) I'm glad you liked the chapter. I myself thought the first part of the chapter was boring, which is why I kind of rushed through it to get it out of the way.

Chapter five should be out next Saturday and this time, it won't be late (hopefully). And then things will get interesting.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Just read the latest chapter, and it's as awesome as ever. Leah's little sleep-in time was pretty funny, and the docks scene after the 'battle' was done well too. Speaking of the docks scene, the way Leah talked about Pokemon made it out like she has the type of mindset that would make a good Team Rocket member. Hmm...

Years
Hi Dagzar. I've read your fic and I think it's amazing. I really liked it. All the mistakes have been pointed out already. It's an interesting read and I think you'd go far with it. If you have a PM List, can I please be added to it? I'd like to keep an eye on this fic, for it is very good.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Woot! Second page, finally!

Thanks for reviewing, Giratinasaur! Heh, now that I look at it, Leah really does think like a Team Rocket member, doesn't she? Too bad Team Rocket won't be appearing for quite awhile yet. I can already imagine the dialogue and the wit…

Hi Tigrerra, thanks for the review! I would love to add you to my PM list, but first, can you tell me what it is? :embarrass I'm guessing it's some type of alert to tell you when I update, I'm not quite sure. I'd be happy to set one up though.

Years
Add me to the list as well.

I really like your characters. The development of them is coming along great. I can't figure out the plot yet, as the summary doesn't tell much, but if it has Team Rocket in it, I figure it's not going to be plotless.

Can't wait to read the next chapter. :)

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Thanks for reviewing, Sladazo. Yeah, I'll add both you and Tigrerra to my new PM list and I'll message you guys around Saturday (hopefully).

And don't worry about it being plotless, Sladazo. Team Rocket's not that important actually (you just can't have a Kanto journey fic without them), but I got a plan. :badsmile:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Your story's really great! It's very interesting to read. Not to mention somebody actually notices the fact that ten-year-olds going on journeys by themselves is not safe. I mean, seriously.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Thanks Neiko Star! Yeah, I have to agree with you that ten-year-olds going across the region on foot and alone is really ridiculous. Who knows what could happen to them out there with no protection except for some badly trained animal that can breath fire (also a fire hazard). Though, people can be pretty oblivious with long standing traditions, so I can't really blame them (that much).

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
And also, Pikachu didn't listen to Ash in the beginning...so your theory about Pokemon needing to be trained makes a lot of sense. But I can't believe I never thought of it...when I read that part, I was like, shocked. XD

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Heh, that part was actually a last minute idea that I just had to include. Pokemon are wild animals, so they probably be pretty confused and scared at suddenly being ordered around by a human. Though, I have a feeling that the idea might actually back me into a corner soon.

*sighs*

I just can't win. :cheeky:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Argh, darn you! I just started writing a Pokemon fic today, but now, after reading your story, I want to write something else of the same genre! Gah, what am I going to do? My previous idea seems really stupid to me now. XD

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Aw, your story doesn't look stupid. It looks interesting, different and original. Besides, journey fics are very long and take a lot of work. Three months in and I only have six and half chapters written out of my planned seventy-six.

I can already sense the suffering I will be going through during the year.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Seventy-eight chapters, actually (now that I check). Though I'm sure I can get rid of some of them; a lot can be combined with each other.

... Yeah, I know. I plan too much (and even named all my chapters!).

I have too much free time on my hands.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Woah...now that's a lot of free time! XD I'm not too busy myself, since it's the week-ends and all...

Back