• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Video Game / Arcade... Nights?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hi guys. So, originally, I wanted to post this suggestion in the "Gaming Section - Interested?" thread, but, then again, this might side-step the current topic at hand. Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been done or suggested before, but...

What do you guys think about a general Video Game night hosted in the VG section? (or virtually any section seem fit). Basically, there can be a thread that can host a video game night on one certain day per week (like I dunno, Fridays?) where we can basically get together to play video games, like certain online games. Well, yeah, there are threads that can have members join together to play certain online games with each other, but, well, what if there was more... friendly competition of sorts?

For instance, let's say there was a night on where members can join in to play online games on where you can get a hi-score, like... snake, or pac-man. Throughout the day, members can play those certain video games, and, they can post their hi-scores on the thread, or something. Then, of course, the one with the highest video game score would win (maybe an emblem or something).

Or, maybe the thread can host video game challenges for members to do, like the 3-hearts only challenge in Legend of Zelda games, or the traditional "no-power-ups" challenge in super mario games. Sort of like the threads in the pokemon challenges board, but, this would be more directed towards video games besides pokemon.

Or somethings like that. These are just few ideas for the "VG Nights". But, well, being that the VG or Arcade Nights is a suggestion in itself... what do you guys think of it?

I'd love to hear your opinions. :)

Years
I believe I would be best to reply to this!

In the past, less and less members actually turned up for these events, so they died out due to lack of activity.

However, if members have ideas for gaming nights and such, you are welcome to PM me and talk to me about it. Events were held in Video Games, but it is normally the moderator of that section who would organise and host them. However, since we don't have a moderator in Video Games currently, I am happy to help with the events. :)

The events would be put in the 'Online Gaming' section and held there, just for info. :)​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I believe I would be best to reply to this!

In the past, less and less members actually turned up for these events, so they died out due to lack of activity.

However, if members have ideas for gaming nights and such, you are welcome to PM me and talk to me about it. Events were held in Video Games, but it is normally the moderator of that section who would organise and host them. However, since we don't have a moderator in Video Games currently, I am happy to help with the events. :)

The events would be put in the 'Online Gaming' section and held there, just for info. :)​

Ah, that'll be awesome, thanks. ^^ I do have some ideas myself!

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
An idea could be for Pokecommunity to set up it's own Twitch Account (appoint a suitable mod for the gaming section who can stream) or a Twitch Team account (which is like a group with all the channels grouped together.) This will allow PCs members to stream games and members of the forums can watch them play and give them challenges to do !
All you need to do is announce a time on when the stream will start and get going !

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't have many games (the price of being dirt cheap) but I like the idea and would support it. I could possibly try to come up with some ideas in my free time, it's something I wouldn't mind doing. =D

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
So um, it's been a while, but, I'm wondering if it's okay to go ahead with this. I PM'd some of my ideas and so... would it be alright to officially make a VG Night thread? :)

Well, the only difference is that I'll be making them on this account rather than my old Miss Doronjo account.

Back