• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters
Years
wow!
Their names and designs looks awesome!
I hope the gen. 6 of pokemon won't be dissapoiting too.
Hey by the way, how did you catch their names?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't want Yvetal to be fire, we've had too much fire mascots third to water and Dragon. GF give us a Dark/Flying or Dark/Lightning Pokemon please...or at least a new type. Btw red doesn't always equal fire...points at Groudon.

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder how they will look on the Box Arts, I'm hoping it turns out something like this;

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2016
Steel / Psychic for X is quite reasonable
Or Ghost / Steel ....

As to that Y, Flying and another type ?
Psychic, Fire, Dragon and Steel would all fit

Years
Steel for Yvetal doesn't seem to fit imo. Fire, Flying, Electric,Ghost,Psychic, and Dark do.

Xerneas Steel, Psychic, Electric.

Maybe they are a new type based on biokinesis (the ability to control cells and one's own genes using psychic power...or maybe make the both psychics.)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
lol what's up with that.

Because its red, so many of you jump to "maybe its Fire"??

Poison was an interesting thought...but I'm pretty sure this thing will be Dark...and with how it's so nicely airborne, Flying is quite granted.

I've been thinking about my earlier guess for Xerneas being Grass/Steel...
Frankly I realized it would be kind of unfair if Xerneas was Grass AND Steel, while Yveltal is Dark...and merely Flying.

So Id go as far as to say Xerneas could be pure Grass D:
Akin to the pre-Dragon legends, who have all been just one type, with only Flying as an extra
Lugia - Psychic / Flying
Ho-oh - Fire / Flying
Groudon - Ground
Kyogre - Water
Rayquaza - Dragon / Flying
...(then all either type1/Dragon or Dragon/type2)

Xerneas - Grass
Yveltal - Dark / Flying

sounds like a continuation of using the rest of the types on mascots ;)
Or even Xerneas being Steel or something..

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Both of the new legendaries are equally as awesome, but I have a slight preference to Xerneas, or Pokemon X. In my opinion, there have been too many flying legendaries or Pokemon which have wings such as the three legendary birds, Lugia, Ho-oh, etc etc. I gladly welcome another ground-dwelling legendary, this one especially. Xerneas looks really majestic with its rainbow antlers and long, elegant legs. The way it holds itself in the video really caught my attention. I wonder what type/s the legendaries would be and what will they represent?

Years
lol what's up with that.

Because its red, so many of you jump to "maybe its Fire"??

Poison was an interesting thought...but I'm pretty sure this thing will be Dark...and with how it's so nicely airborne, Flying is quite granted.

I've been thinking about my earlier guess for Xerneas being Grass/Steel...
Frankly I realized it would be kind of unfair if Xerneas was Grass AND Steel, while Yveltal is Dark...and merely Flying.

So Id go as far as to say Xerneas could be pure Grass D:
Akin to the pre-Dragon legends, who have all been just one type, with only Flying as an extra
Lugia - Psychic / Flying
Ho-oh - Fire / Flying
Groudon - Ground
Kyogre - Water
Rayquaza - Dragon / Flying
...(then all either type1/Dragon or Dragon/type2)

Xerneas - Grass
Yveltal - Dark / Flying

sounds like a continuation of using the rest of the types on mascots ;)
Or even Xerneas being Steel or something..

I don't think it'll be unfair if they were Steel/Grass and Dark/Flying respectively as both will inflict 1 X damage on one another like Lugia and Ho-oh do.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So far, Xerneas appeals to me quite well than Yveltal, overall, I am a fan of the legends for this generation. Not a huge fan, but as long as I get to know the types I'll decide. xD I'm pretty sure Xerneas may be a grass type, second typing...well I don't know xD. But I guess we'll know more in the future!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
For some reason, I'm thinking that they can both be dark types; at least from their own artwork. I'm thinking that Xerneas can be Steel / Dark, and Yveltal can be Dark / Flying. Or, at least their typing can reflect DNA... somehow. If that's the case I'm not sure how darkness can correspond with that; unless there's a hidden meaning with dark like, "death" or psychic as "rebirth".

Eh, for now, I guess I think they can be either Dark or Steel.

Years
Dark...could represent the idea that evil is inherited... while Xerneas reflects that environment reflects how a person ends up not genes. Basically behavioral pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Both are awesome Xerneas's body reminds me of Dialga, I like Yvetal more.

Yveltal's name Possibly from evil, that's why I think it's Flying/ Dark

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Aren't you assuming the mascot legendaries won't be switched around? They did that for the 5th gen.

That was because 5th gen's theme was yin and yang, hence the invert, 6th gen's theme is not yin and yang.
Also, in the CoroCoro magazine scans, Xerneas is on a page with the Pokemon X logo and Yveltal is on a page with the Pokemon Y logo.

Years
Yup, BW were the only games with the inverse (B2W2 set things in their correct color).
I bet the box art will look many more like epic than the fan art there.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I wonder how they will look on the Box Arts, I'm hoping it turns out something like this;

Spoiler:

Hm... I would be thinking that the games boxart would look something like that with Xernias and Yveltal on them, with the exception of the word "Version" on it. 'Cause the official websites don't even mention the word "version", I think Bulbapedia made that same mistake as well.

Oh my, I've found a boxart with Yveltal on it and it looks very much like how it could look like when it's revealed:

Spoiler:

And it's without the word "version" on it as well.

But it still makes me wonder, will Xernias and Yveltal look different on the boxarts when they are revealed?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
They'll most likely look different, what with Black2 and White2 having new dynamic poses for their boxart, could be the start of a new trend of having mascot artwork with dynamic boxart versions.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Sugimori arts look nice! I'm expecting a lot more fanart now that we have a clear picture of what they look like. :)

Back