• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Mario Bros. No Power-Ups Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I haven't seen this mentioned in the rules, so I'm assuming (hoping!) it's ok? Game is tough as nails!

Spoiler:

Years
Hmm, I've been considering replaying Super Mario 3D Land before 3D World comes out, so this seems like an excellent idea! Sign me up!

Username: Totodile42
Game: Super Mario 3D Land

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Hmm, I've been considering replaying Super Mario 3D Land before 3D World comes out, so this seems like an excellent idea! Sign me up!

Username: Totodile42
Game: Super Mario 3D Land

Might want to hurry buddy, the competition deadline ends tomorrow!

Years
Might want to hurry buddy, the competition deadline ends tomorrow!

Whoops, so it is! I'd better get playing, then! And thanks for the warning!

Edit: Luckily, I've been able to play quite a bit tonight; I'm already up to World 8 without using a power-up! Hopefully I'll be able to finish the challenge before the deadline tomorrow.

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

Finished the game over the weekend. Ended up taking the Star Road because I could never get past the Sunken Ghost Ship without grabbing that star in the end.

Years
Update: Well, that's it! Managed to beat the final level just now. What an awesome game! And the no power-up challenge made it even more fun. Can't wait to play 3D World at Christmas now!

Years
This morning I actually remembered about doing this challenge (pretty much a standalone challenge), and started NSMB2 while I wait for my GTS deal to finish.

I'm currently at world 4. Will post screenshot once I beat the final world (if).

No screenshots like I promised, but I did beat the finally. I nearly forgot about finishing this!

When I kept dying because of small mistakes at the end, it reminded me of playing the old Mario games.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I'll be honest, I got rocked on World 8. Last stage before Bowser too, it was too crushing :(

Years
So I did manage to beat Lost Levels, surprisingly, but I haven't uploaded the video to Youtube yet so I can't really prove it... Will it be too late to link the video when it's been uploaded?

EDIT: DONE. NEVER AGAIN.
Spoiler:

...The Super Mario Bros. theme will forever haunt me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So I did manage to beat Lost Levels, surprisingly, but I haven't uploaded the video to Youtube yet so I can't really prove it... Will it be too late to link the video when it's been uploaded?

EDIT: DONE. NEVER AGAIN.
Spoiler:

...The Super Mario Bros. theme will forever haunt me.
You the man. Congrats!

Update on mine...well, I forgot that there's a certain level that is required to beat that needed a certain amount of star coins. Since I was trying to beat it as fast as possible, I didn't really try to get the coins. When I reached that point I lost the will to try. It's too late anyway lol. Why did 3D Land make star coins pretty significant to the main playthrough? Pretty stupid.

Should have went with NSMB Wii or SMW. lol

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Anywho, this event was long over, so thanks for participating you guys! You'll all get a special emblem (or two) for your participation!

I hope you'll look forward to other challenge events!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back