• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen question about generation 3 and 5 moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
am wondering if i evenetually get to trade say my butterfree to the gen v games B&W can that gen 3 butterfree learn the the generation five moves such as bug buzz.would i have to catch a butterfree in BW ad level it up to learn that move.
If i level up that gen 3 buterfree past 42 to say 54 can it still learn bug buzz say via the relearn moves when traded to BW.
( see move relearner in bulbapedia site ). can you trade gen 3 pokemon to BW at all .an answer to these questions would be appreciated.
The same would go for charizard i started out and the moves he can learn in gen 3 are different to gen 5.If i traded him to a gen 4/5 game can he learn the moves that are not present in gen 3 either by leveling up or relearninng

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can transfer gen III Pokemon to a gen IV game and then transfer it to gen V. When it's in gen V, it can learn moves from its gen V movepool, like Bug Buzz, so yes you can get it through leveling up. Or if you miss out on it by getting it too far ahead of the level it learns it, you can use a Heart Scale to learn it. The same applies to Charizard. Just remember, in order to transfer your Pokemon, they can't know an HM move, so you'll have to delete them if they know one.

Anyway, next time you have a question about transferring from one gen to another, ask in the General Q&A thread in Pokemon Gaming Central.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back