• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
I am trying to build a new team and I only got 2 spots filled but idk what else

This is what I got

Hitmonlee
Lvl.56
Blaze kick
Hi jump kick
Bulk up
Mind reader

Gengar
Lvl.40
Hypnosis
Shadow Punch
Shadow Ball
Dream Eater

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

uh, do you have pokemon you'd prefer to use or a theme you want to use for your team?

It'd be hard to suggest some pokemon and then only be rejected because you wouldn't like it. That'd be exactly like a guessing game.

But anyway, I like bugs, so... Volcarona, Galvantula, or Vespiquen. Scizor works quite nicely too.

ShiningLust

Years
no I don't I'm just looking for good types and to do good with one an other but if u know any others I should try let me know

and I also wanna know if my Gengar and Hitmonlee would work good together

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

no I don't I'm just looking for good types and to do good with one an other but if u know any others I should try let me know
Well, your team currently lacks a good sweeper. While Hitmonlee may seem like a good physical attacker, he lacks a good moveset to take on various types of pokemon. Dragons are perfect for that role, such as Haxorus or Gabite. Electivire is also a pretty awesome pokemon that could cover a good range, and be good at it at the same time.

and I also wanna know if my Gengar and Hitmonlee would work good together
Frankly, I don't think so (competitively). Both are weak against Psychic, and could be swept by one attack from most sweepers. However, Gengar could hold himself with Substitute and has many other moves to spare in his arsenal. He's not a bad pick, at least. Also, it's not that I'm saying Lee's bad, but "working together" with Gengar could be hard to tell (is this 1v1's or 2v2's). But generally, I guess they'd work best against Ice/Rock/Steel/Normal types. Outside of competitive gaming, it doesn't matter. They look like a fun combo to go against.

On the bright side, you wouldn't find very many Psychic types floating around (at least compared to, say, Dragons and Water-types). If your Gengar is fast enough, it could even take one psycho down before it even attacks. If you really want Hitmonlee, there's no one stopping you. It's pretty good nonetheless. Heck, I've won a local tournament once using only bug pokemon XD With the right planning, you can make both work well against any odds.

Anyway, aside from the sweepers, you might want some kind of Tanky poke or something that you could use just for trollgasmic fun. Good choices are those that use the moves Toxic spikes, spikes, leech seed, and stealth rock. Recover, Giga Drain, and the likes help make these movesets more useable.

Toxic+recover/protect work wonders, too. You might find it fun to use even in non-competitive battles once in a while.

Try new kinds of combinations, having a variety of pokemon in your team could make your experience a lot more fun.

Last edited:

ShiningLust

Years
hmm thanks you've giving me alot to think about cuz I want to make those 2 work good together for there Pokemon I I'm thinking about a Pokemon with leech seed

Back