• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫On Top Of Spagheeeeeetti!♫

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It's a texture thing. I prefer ribbon-cut noodles (they're flat) over "the tubes" or other decorative shapes.

Now a funny a hybrid is bucatini. It's a long tubed noodle with a very narrow hole down the middle. Sauce latches onto that like wow.

And pasta itself can taste different depending on how it is made. Fresh VS dry. Egg-based, wheat-based, tomato-based, spinach-based, chestnut-based, etc. And then al dente comes into play as well.

Pasta is a vessel, but cultures approach it in different ways. The "American" way would be to cook some pasta of some shape and then lump a bunch of sauce over top. The Italian way is to finish the pasta in the sauce - what ends up on the plate is mostly pasta, not sauce. Different balance

This guy knows his pastas.

Also our moms should battle it out for best Carbonara! Haha they're close enough to each other that this is actually possible, because I think my mom makes the absolute best! >D!!!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i like all kinds of pasta but i love the pasta my mom makes <3 <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
In terms of shapes of pasta, I probably like fusilli the best. I like the corkscrew shape and the texture is also really nice. In terms of flavours and sauces and whatnot, I'm a big carbonara fanboy. Having said that, I only had it for the first time about 3 years ago, but have been making up for it ever since. Every time I go to an Italian restaurant, I'll try the carbonara to see how good the restaurant as a whole is, as it's quite a good benchmark for that kind of stuff. :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont really have that much of a preference for pasta shapes, I'll eat whatever. As for sauce, I like cream sauce/alfredo and light olive oil, lemon, garlic based sauces or pesto. I enjoy Carbonara quite a bit too. I hate tomatoes, so I will not eat tomato sauce at all.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I dont really have that much of a preference for pasta shapes, I'll eat whatever. As for sauce, I like cream sauce/alfredo and light olive oil, lemon, garlic based sauces or pesto. I enjoy Carbonara quite a bit too. I hate tomatoes, so I will not eat tomato sauce at all.
A really good pesto can be heavenly

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't have a favorite. There are too many to choose from and I love pasta in general. Picking a favorite would be like picking a favorite child to me ... or something.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Had some paglia e fieno - or straw and hay - alla boscaiola tonight. That'd be flour noodles and spinach noodles. Tagliatelle specifically. In a cream sauce with mushrooms and ham (think thick-cut bacon, but not salty)

Was sooooo good

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My favourite pasta would be pizza. Beef pepperoni or Hawaiian. Preferably with cheese. Lots of cheese. <3 Having said cheese, it could also be macaroni and cheese. Or spaghetti bolognese. Or lasagne. MAN I can't choose. :S

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I used to really like pasta when I was younger, but nowadays I just find it really dull. The only pasta I rly eat now is with white sauce and chicken or spagetti.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
My favourite pasta would be pizza. Beef pepperoni or Hawaiian. Preferably with cheese. Lots of cheese. <3 Having said cheese, it could also be macaroni and cheese. Or spaghetti bolognese. Or lasagne. MAN I can't choose. :S
What do you mean your favourite pasta is pizza? O_o Pizza isn't pasta.

Back